You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Virginia DPT 2019-2020
Started by dobsonek
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes, it was from this year, and no, she said it was regular decision...🤔are you sure that thread was from 2019? or maybe they applied early decision? Because I was told by someone who goes there that they don't send out acceptances until mid-December at the earliest.
The post is by user ms.spt on page 6 here if you want to check it out:
DPT Application Cycle 2019-2020 - 2020 start
Thank you!! I have been surprised to get them all back and am very excited! Here are my stats: Undergrad: University of Arkansas Major: Honors Exercise Science cGPA: 3.93 pre-req GPA: 3.9 GRE: 156V, 153Q, 4.5 AW Hours: 600 in outpatient ortho as a tech, 15 in acute, 20 in pediatric, 20 in home...
I asked her for clarification, but she never responded.
I also interviewed on 11/22 and was accepted on 11/25. Best of luck to you! Stay positive!I do not know of anyone else who has heard back, but I also do not personally know anyone else who applied there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They only have 1 set of interviews. I askedI think they do another round of interviews after Christmas! Stay positive!
Same here :-(I got a rejection letter from Shenandoah. Good luck to everyone who are interviewing
akb23116
Full Member
when did you submit your application?Accepted to VCU -- just got the email. Not sure to be happy or not because now I feel stressed. I had already committed to go to GWU but now I'm questioning my decision because VCU is SO much cheaper and a great program.
Sep 16when did you submit your application?
Cong!VCU is really a great program!Accepted to VCU -- just got the email. Not sure to be happy or not because now I feel stressed. I had already committed to go to GWU but now I'm questioning my decision because VCU is SO much cheaper and a great program.
HunterDPT23
New Member
Just got my yes today around 3pm from VCU. MY FIRST CHOICE!!!!!!!
akb23116
Full Member
when did you submit your application?Just got my yes today around 3pm from VCU. MY FIRST CHOICE!!!!!!!
HunterDPT23
New Member
I submitted early applicant in the summer and was deferred.
vs_dpt2023
Full Member
do you mind sharing your statsJust got my yes today around 3pm from VCU. MY FIRST CHOICE!!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
vs_dpt2023
Full Member
do you mind sharing your stats?Accepted to VCU -- just got the email. Not sure to be happy or not because now I feel stressed. I had already committed to go to GWU but now I'm questioning my decision because VCU is SO much cheaper and a great program.
vs_dpt2023
Full Member
do you mind sharing your stats? i also interviewed at radford that day but haven't head back :/I also interviewed on 11/22 and was accepted on 11/25. Best of luck to you! Stay positive!
vs_dpt2023
Full Member
Do you mind sharing your stats? I interviewed 11/22 and haven't heard back :/I was accepted to Radford today! But I think this was a super early response because they told me to expect to hear back in two weeks...and it has been three days since my interview.
HunterDPT23
New Member
do you mind sharing your stats
Sure! I Havent done this yet, so here goes attempt one:
I'm a second career student. My experience played a large role in my application.
Graduated 2014 from VCU:
Major -Health Preporatory Science (pre-Med)
Minors- Chem, Psych, Bio
GRE July 2019 160 V 155 Q 4.5 AW
Undergrad GPA 3.47 (low freshman high the rest)
Prereq- 3.71
2 honor societies
Undergrad experience as Public Relations Executive in a professional development organization.
Virginia EMT certification
Certified Personal Trainer
Functional Training Specialist Certificate
BLS certified
100+ hours observation
3 years managing a Chiropractic office
2+years personal training experience
4 letters -2 Chiropractors and 2 PTs
Major: Health Sciencesdo you mind sharing your stats? i also interviewed at radford that day but haven't head back :/
Minor: Gerontology
GPA: 3.8
Science and Math GPA: 3.76
GRE: V 151 Q 151 W 4.0
Extracurriculars: VP of my sorority, RA of sorority house, and other minor positions in my sorority
Observation: 130 hours in 3 separate SNFs, 32 hours in 2 outpatient hospital clinics, 21 hours in a sub-acute hospital setting, and 1000+ hours in an acute hospital setting as a tech
sschneider6
New Member
Has anybody else accepted an interview invitation from Shenandoah but still hasn't received the second email with more info? It's been over two weeks now since I replied, and the interview is supposed to be in a week, so I'm kinda concerned.
hello! I received the invitation for an interview on Friday. They sent me confirmation/ further details on Sunday. Time and place, etc
akb23116
Full Member
Sure!Do you mind sharing your stats? I interviewed 11/22 and haven't heard back :/
School: University of Mississippi
Major: Exercise Science
Minors: History and Psychology
GPA: 3.85
GRE: 157 Verbal, 155 Quant, 5.5 Writing
Honors College, First Aid/CPR Certified, Philanthropy Chair of my sorority, Exercise Science Club, Unified Sports, Gamma Beta Phi Honors Society
130 Total observation hours between two clinics- one sports and one general
Employment During the School Year: Student Athletic Trainer for the Softball Team and SI Leader (tutoring)
Student Research in the Exercise Science Lab (for class credit and for writing my senior thesis)
3 Letters of Rec- one PT, one professor, one employer
HunterDPT23
New Member
Sure!
School: University of Mississippi
Major: Exercise Science
Minors: History and Psychology
GPA: 3.85
GRE: 157 Verbal, 155 Quant, 5.5 Writing
Honors College, First Aid/CPR Certified, Philanthropy Chair of my sorority, Exercise Science Club, Unified Sports, Gamma Beta Phi Honors Society
130 Total observation hours between two clinics- one sports and one general
Employment During the School Year: Student Athletic Trainer for the Softball Team and SI Leader (tutoring)
Student Research in the Exercise Science Lab (for class credit and for writing my senior thesis)
3 Letters of Rec- one PT, one professor, one employer
5.5 AW! GOOD JOB!! Strong Stats for sure. Congrats on earning your place!
Hi! Do you know if you plan on attending? I plan on attending and am just seeking out others who may as well! 🙂 congrats btw!!!!Just (last night) received a conditional acceptance from Mary Baldwin
akb23116
Full Member
I am not. I just recently accepted my spot at Radford. Congrats to you as well!Hi! Do you know if you plan on attending? I plan on attending and am just seeking out others who may as well! 🙂 congrats btw!!!!
Hopeful DPT
Full Member
Anyone else worried about the possibility of the Shenandoah interviews being cancelled/postponed tomorrow due to snow
Anyone else worried about the possibility of the Shenandoah interviews being cancelled/postponed tomorrow due to snow
Yeah, the weather forecast doesn't look too promising, but let's keep our fingers crossed for no bad weather!
Do you know when they stop sending out acceptances? I have my interview with SU on Tuesday but I’m also still holding out for VCU because of the price...Accepted to VCU -- just got the email. Not sure to be happy or not because now I feel stressed. I had already committed to go to GWU but now I'm questioning my decision because VCU is SO much cheaper and a great program.
akb23116
Full Member
I just went to an info session they had this past Friday. They said that a good number of their acceptances go out December/January, but they sometimes send them out as late as March/April...so it really is just a waiting game at this pointDo you know when they stop sending out acceptances? I have my interview with SU on Tuesday but I’m also still holding out for VCU because of the price...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
akb23116
Full Member
I was supposed to interview tomorrow at 8 am, but I went ahead and cancelled and asked to do a virtual interview instead. I am almost 3 hours away and I was going to stay in a hotel tonight but I did not want to risk getting stuck.Yeah, the weather forecast doesn't look too promising, but let's keep our fingers crossed for no bad weather!
I was supposed to interview tomorrow at 8 am, but I went ahead and cancelled and asked to do a virtual interview instead. I am almost 3 hours away and I was going to stay in a hotel tonight but I did not want to risk getting stuck.
I have my interview at 8 am tomorrow too, and I am a little nervous it will end up being canceled. That was probably smart you canceled it already. I'm from Winchester, so I decided just to wait before rescheduling. Fingers crossed no snow comes! Best of luck to you though!
Good to know! Thank you!I just went to an info session they had this past Friday. They said that a good number of their acceptances go out December/January, but they sometimes send them out as late as March/April...so it really is just a waiting game at this point
Hopeful DPT
Full Member
Just saw the university is closed until 1pm, no email about what that means for the interviews yetYeah, the weather forecast doesn't look too promising, but let's keep our fingers crossed for no bad weather!
cheerDPT2020
New Member
Yes, indeed. I've been worried all weekend. Let's hope for the best!Anyone else worried about the possibility of the Shenandoah interviews being cancelled/postponed tomorrow due to snow
In the email, it said that if the university opens late they will be forced to cancel the entire 8am session :/ I would assume 8am is cancelled, but I'm waiting for an official email to go out!Just saw the university is closed until 1pm, no email about what that means for the interviews yet
Yes, indeed. I've been worried all weekend. Let's hope for the best!
In the email, it said that if the university opens late they will be forced to cancel the entire 8am session :/ I would assume 8am is cancelled, but I'm waiting for an official email to go out!
I just emailed Linda Burrow to reschedule my interview, and she said that all morning interviews were canceled. Bummer, but I guess we can't do anything about it now!
I guess since mine is tomorrow, I will just go about it as if it is not cancelled. Haven't received an email yet but good luck to all you Monday peeps! Hopefully they reschedule them soon!
The roads aren't bad at all. There shouldn't be any problem tomorrow. Good luck!
Hopeful DPT
Full Member
They are still having the afternoon interviews today, just delayed one hour so tomorrow should be fine.Good luck tomorrow!I guess since mine is tomorrow, I will just go about it as if it is not cancelled. Haven't received an email yet but good luck to all you Monday peeps! Hopefully they reschedule them soon!
I know they’re waiting for my final grades from this semester to review my application. They have rolling admissions, last year a girl I know who is currently in the program there was accepted in early October.Has anyone heard from Lynchburg and/or know any information about their timeline?
Hopeful DPT
Full Member
Anyone gotten the follow up email after interviews from Shenandoah that they said would be sent out?
I was just curious about their timeline. I am currently on an accepted students waitlist, so I assume this is just like a normal waitlist.I know they’re waiting for my final grades from this semester to review my application. They have rolling admissions, last year a girl I know who is currently in the program there was accepted in early October.
soccerprept19
Full Member
I don’t think we get anything until the 20th according to today’s session with Dr. Turner at the end.Anyone gotten the follow up email after interviews from Shenandoah that they said would be sent out?
What do you mean by timeline? They start classes the end of May/beginning of June. Is the waitlist for UL?I was just curious about their timeline. I am currently on an accepted students waitlist, so I assume this is just like a normal waitlist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopeful DPT
Full Member
Oh cool.I had my interview yesterday and he said that due to the weather we didn’t need to hang around after the tour/interview because he would send an email summary but didn’t say when.I don’t think we get anything until the 20th according to today’s session with Dr. Turner at the end.
By timeline I mean: how long they give accepted students to accept/decline their spot and if they continually accept students up until their start date (I'm assuming they do). But yeah I applied in early October and was given a spot on their "accepted students waitlist" but wasn't given a number or anything. I think since they do rolling admissions they had given all of their spots early on and are just waiting to hear back from people.What do you mean by timeline? They start classes the end of May/beginning of June. Is the waitlist for UL?
By timeline I mean: how long they give accepted students to accept/decline their spot and if they continually accept students up until their start date (I'm assuming they do). But yeah I applied in early October and was given a spot on their "accepted students waitlist" but wasn't given a number or anything. I think since they do rolling admissions they had given all of their spots early on and are just waiting to hear back from people.
I was accepted to University of Lynchburg late September and I think I had about 2 weeks to accept/decline my spot. I think people continually get accepted, but I'm not certain.
Last edited:
vs_dpt2023
Full Member
Just received a phone call I was accepted to ODU!
Just received a phone call I was accepted to ODU!
That's awesome! Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats?