Virginia DPT 2019-2020

Started by dobsonek
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Yeah, of course!

School: James Madison University
Major: Health Sciences
Minor: Pre-PT
GPA: 3.79
Major GPA: 3.87
GRE: 149 Verbal, 151 Quant, 4.0 Writing

Phi Epsilon Kappa Professional Fraternity, TAed multiple times for biology lab
147 Total observation hours in acute care and outpatient clinic
Employment During the School Year: Lab Assistant for biology labs
4 Letters of Rec - Two PTs, one professor, one employer
 
Yeah, of course!

School: James Madison University
Major: Health Sciences
Minor: Pre-PT
GPA: 3.79
Major GPA: 3.87
GRE: 149 Verbal, 151 Quant, 4.0 Writing

Phi Epsilon Kappa Professional Fraternity, TAed multiple times for biology lab
147 Total observation hours in acute care and outpatient clinic
Employment During the School Year: Lab Assistant for biology labs
4 Letters of Rec - Two PTs, one professor, one employer

Go dukes! We have similar stats so fingers crossed! Thank you ☺️
 
Has anybody heard from Shenandoah about a decision? I know that some PT decisions went out today!
No I haven't heard anything! I was told at interviews decisions would be sent today but then a previous message in this thread said "by Christmas". So, not really sure...
 
No I haven't heard anything! I was told at interviews decisions would be sent today but then a previous message in this thread said "by Christmas". So, not really sure...

Has anybody heard from Shenandoah about a decision? I know that some PT decisions went out today!

Actually I just checked my email and I got placed on the alternate list. They said they will be able to tell you where you are ranked on the list sometime in January.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know when exactly in January Shenandoah will tell students on the waiting list where they are ranked? Hope everyone had a good Holiday Season!
 
Does anyone know when the deadline to accept a seat for VCU is? I'm wondering when they will send out their second round of acceptances
VCU is tricky because they send out acceptances as late as April. At the interest meeting I attended, they said that a good number of acceptances will be out before the deadline of Jan 15, but not all of them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone who went to the makeup interview at Shenandoah on Friday know when we are supposed to hear back? I did a virtual interview that day but forgot to ask about a timeline.
 
Does anyone who went to the makeup interview at Shenandoah on Friday know when we are supposed to hear back? I did a virtual interview that day but forgot to ask about a timeline.

I was told on Friday (after I inquired), that the first wave's deadline to accept or deny the first offer is this Friday. I think you have to request the rank you're at if you weren't accepted initially, and second wave of acceptances based on said rank within the next few weeks should be going out. At least that's what I made of the email I received last week! Hope this helps! 🙂
 
congrats!! would you mind sharing your stats?
Of course!
-cGPA: 3.75 (went up after fall 19 semester)
-pGPA: 3.96 (went up after fall 19 semester)
-GRE: 143V, 148Q, 4.5AWA
-LOR: 2 PTs, 1 Federal Gov Employer, 1 chem prof
-observation hours: 400 in a variety of settings
-extras: biomechanics research, D1 track and field, tour guide, academic tutor...and some more

Hope this helps!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats!! would you mind sharing your stats? i still haven’t heard anything from odu
Sure! I'm a bit of a unique case since I'm technically a non-traditional student (I'm finishing up a Master's in Athletic Training). I also called ODU back in the fall and explained my background to them and they added it to my application file when they considered me. Best of luck to you!
cGPA: 3.1
pGPA: 2.9
Master's GPA: 3.7
GRE: 153V, 158Q, 4.0AW
LOR: 1 program director, 1 outpatient PT, 1 director of sports medicine/head AT
Observation hours: 250+ in variety of settings
Extras: Resident Adviser, sports medicine program