Visa after completion of DDS - Concerned!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itstooth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,

Due to overload of H1B visas and no guarantees of getting it. Just wanted to check what needs to be done after completion of DDS. Is H1B is the only option for students studing for DDS to practice in US or do we have any special category to get the employement visa or permanent residency after DDS. What if, I am unlucky in the lottery draw of H1B,do I need to go back to India in that case? I'll really appreciate your inputs

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

same concern
I know one guy who did not get the H1B on time aftergraduation and only depend on the OPT. But what about next year, if he were not lucky to get the H1B, what is the consequence?

Only way out, marrying us citizen or going home n serving ur country.:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ilovedental: That's is correct, anyone could be unlucky the second time...but is it really true that we are only dependent upon H1B and don't have any other options

Himal: Not even a fraction of solution when you are already married or have tons of loan on your head paying for college fees. But surely open options for some.

hey!
I beleive h1 b cap does not hold true for DDS (advance degree), dont have to go thru the regular H1b cap, there are about 20,000 H1 for advance degree holder, it wasnt filled this year till may 1st, so chill. Hope no more than 20,000 advance degree holder graduate every year but u never know this yr h1 was flooded with many applicants.
It is sad but there is no way u can work if u cant get H1, if u work in non profit organization( university or government/state) u can get ur H1 without going thru regular h1b process, but again it cannot be transferred as regular h1b.Holds good till u become attached to the organization, again the problem is getting paid less n the burden of loan.
I guess now co signer will be reluctant signing for loan if they dont increase the quota.
well good luck.

Well, it will at least relieve some concern on this problem if DDS is really applied to the advance degree category in applying H1.
Thanks a lot

can i work as an assistant on my opt while i wait for my licence? And what are the papers that need to completed before the application for next years quota start...i guess in april!