Visit Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blindluck

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody going to the "Visit Emory" thing march 31-april1??

If anybody has gone in a previous year...how many students usually attend, and did attending this open house really help you make up your mind about emroy? did they present new info, or stuff that you could have found online?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be there! I just got into the Global Environmental Health program.

I just booked my tickets, so I'm gonna be there too.

Members don't see this ad :)
blindluck said:
I just booked my tickets, so I'm gonna be there too.

I actually live in Atlanta and am strongly thinking about going to Emory--so I will be there too.

Hi
Just got in the epi program:D so I will be there. Blindluck to answer your question, the new info you get is really getting to meet the profs, see the campus (this helps if you are not from ATL since they show campus housing) and I think we can sit in some classes so that might give a better feel of the school.

:)

well if we get to meet some profs and sit in on a class, then its worth it.

i also got into the epi dpt bettyboo, but msph, are u mph or msph as well?

where are you guys staying? i think i got an email about nearby hotels, but i wasn't sure if any of them have a shuttle that takes you to and from the campus. do you guys have any info on that?

blindluck said:
well if we get to meet some profs and sit in on a class, then its worth it.

i also got into the epi dpt bettyboo, but msph, are u mph or msph as well?

where are you guys staying? i think i got an email about nearby hotels, but i wasn't sure if any of them have a shuttle that takes you to and from the campus. do you guys have any info on that?

Hey you guys--I got into the Epi program as well...theres a bunch of us doing Epi :)

bettyboo said:
Hi
Just got in the epi program:D so I will be there. Blindluck to answer your question, the new info you get is really getting to meet the profs, see the campus (this helps if you are not from ATL since they show campus housing) and I think we can sit in some classes so that might give a better feel of the school.

:)

Hey,

Where in Atlanta do you live? And are you a recent grad. or someone who has been working? I'm actually graduating from UGA and most likely starting at Emory in the fall for Epi.

are any of you all coming from out of state?

AtlChic said:
Hey,

Where in Atlanta do you live? And are you a recent grad. or someone who has been working? I'm actually graduating from UGA and most likely starting at Emory in the fall for Epi.

I live in Douglasville and I am am graduating in the summer with a masters in microbiology from Emory.
;)

bettyboo said:
I live in Douglasville and I am am graduating in the summer with a masters in microbiology from Emory.
;)

Very cool--so I'm guessing you really like Emory then? I hope I like it too! :)
My name is Sheryl by the way, nice to meet ya!

I'll be coming from Boston! I'm making my southern school rounds that week.

does anybody know how many people are going to be at 'visit emory'? is it 40-50 or 100+?

looking at the plans they have, it seems like its going to be huge! if its so big, then it'll probably be more lecture based and not so much one on one interaction with the faculty.

does anybody have any info on this?

Hi Blindluck,
I think it is a fairly big crowd. I went to the open house in the fall and the crowd was almost as big and they split us up based on interest for the dept meetings so there you get about 10-20 people. For the big welcome in the morning it was a lecture type scenario but at the end we got to meet some teachers. If that does not work, you can get to meet some profs during lunch. or if you decide to sit in some classes you may meet some of the profs then.
Hope this answers your questions ;)

AtlChic said:
Very cool--so I'm guessing you really like Emory then? I hope I like it too! :)
My name is Sheryl by the way, nice to meet ya!

Nice to meet you my name is Elisabeth. :D

thanks bettyboo....10-20 people per section is not bad. its possible to really interact with the faculty with that size crowd. thanks

I set up appointments with the Dept head and another prof for Friday, just so I could be sure to have some one-on-one time with them.