What stood out to you about the schools you visited and/or attended?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donuthut

Reaction score
For those of you that visited and/or attend/ed MPH/MSPH programs, what schools and what are the vibes you got? How diverse were other students in race/ethnicity, SES, income, gender, age, professional work experience, etc? Anything in particular about schools/programs that stood out to you as a visitor or student? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you that visited and/or attend/ed MPH/MSPH programs, what schools and what are the vibes you got? How diverse were other students in race/ethnicity, SES, income, gender, age, professional work experience, etc? Anything in particular about schools/programs that stood out to you as a visitor or student? Thanks!

My experiences were awhile back and things have probably changed, so keep that in mind.

I did my MPH in Epi part time at the U of MN. Due to my job, that was the only school I applied to. I liked that there were a lot of people from different academic, professional, geographic, racial/ethnic, and other backgrounds. The professors genuinely cared about the students. The profs teaching the classes were good at teaching, not just forced into it. I only had one class that I didn’t like the professor for (and he was known to be checked out). Students were very collaborative and willing to help each other out. There were interesting extracurricular activities to be involved in. I really enjoyed my time in the program.

Downsides: Tuition sucked, especially for a state U. There has been some faculty turnover and the overall university seems kind of top heavy.

Reactions: 1 user