VMCAS: List scholarships not accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

that redhead

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Contest Winner!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Under the Honors and Awards section of the VMCAS application, it says you can list things from high school, including scholarships. I applied to a few schools for undergrad. and of them, Iowa State and Colorado State each offered me a small scholarship (~$3500 a year? Something like that) if I chose to attend. I did not go to either of these schools and therefore didn't accept the scholarships, but should I still be listing them?

Thanks for the help!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha, I didn't do that, didn't even think about it. Good idea though!

edit: I didn't even list the scholarships I got in undergrad, like, at all, except the one I got for my research...

Then again high school and the first half of undergrad were pretty much a different era for me.
 
Haha, I didn't do that, didn't even think about it. Good idea though!

edit: I didn't even list the scholarships I got in undergrad, like, at all, except the one I got for my research...

Then again high school and the first half of undergrad were pretty much a different era for me.

To be honest, I didn't think of it either until my mouse happened to hover over the "honors/awards" question mark thing. Lucky me! I guess a little part of my brain is worried that someone will say, "So, you got scholarship money here but didn't come here. Why would we take you now?!" but I know that's fairly irrational. Or at least I hope so 😛