This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Could some applicants post their verification timeline? e.g. when submitted and when it was verified - I just submitted VMCAS today so I'm anxious!
I submitted the 10th and was verified the next day :thumbup: might take longer if it’s submittsd closer to the deadline from my understanding

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted the 10th and was verified the next day :thumbup: might take longer if it’s submittsd closer to the deadline from my understanding
I'm getting kind of concerned because I too submitted my applications on the 10th, and my courses say verified except for the last two semesters (Fall 2017 & May 2018)? I double checked that I inputted the information right. Under Check Status > Transcripts, it says that my transcript has arrived for August 2013-May 2018. Not sure if mine is just taking longer than usual, or if there is an error.

Could some applicants post their verification timeline? e.g. when submitted and when it was verified - I just submitted VMCAS today so I'm anxious!
I submitted on 9/7 and was verified on 9/10. I had 3 different transcripts and 2 pending courses from a 4th school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted on the 14th and was verified today (the 21st). Had four transcripts and a boatload of courses.

I put half my apps in on 9/10 and the other half on 9/15. Still not verified. I'm not sure if they'd start the process on 9/10 or 9/15 though

Mine was verified in 2 days! I was surprised that it was so quick.

Can someone explain to me why the average gpa at western is so low compared to all other schools?

Can someone explain to me why the average gpa at western is so low compared to all other schools?
I think they’re one of the somewhat newer schools and pretty high cost. It’s ~55k there for just tuition where a lot of other OOS schools are more like 50k or less. The people who had higher GPAs probably got in somewhere cheaper, like their in state, or even just a cheaper oos.
They also have no teaching hospital iirc so that might also deter some people from either applying or choosing there. *shrug*

Reactions: 1 users
PLEASE help I am so upset...VMCAS won't let me add any more experiences. Every time I fill it out and hit save, it won't actually save. I've even tried deleting experiences and it still won't let me add another one. This last experience is my most important one.

I know it's late but I just need to add one more experience and I would really appreciate your help.

PLEASE help I am so upset...VMCAS won't let me add any more experiences. Every time I fill it out and hit save, it won't actually save. I've even tried deleting experiences and it still won't let me add another one. This last experience is my most important one.

I know it's late but I just need to add one more experience and I would really appreciate your help.
This is something for vmcas help. Call. Them.
Hopefully their helpline is still open.

I am confused about Georgia's deadline because I received an email stating they would accept all application materials through the extended deadline. However, the supplemental application says the fee and supplemental are due by the original deadline. Is this just a mistake or did all application materials only apply to VMCAS? Please help!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am confused about Georgia's deadline because I received an email stating they would accept all application materials through the extended deadline. However, the supplemental application says the fee and supplemental are due by the original deadline. Is this just a mistake or did all application materials only apply to VMCAS? Please help!!!
Considering the vmcas deadline is in like, what, just over half an hour? I don’t know if you’re really going to get an official answer. My guess is if they said it was extended, it’s extended. Schools extended deadlines last year too because of the hurricanes and I know at least one or two didn’t update their website.

Considering the vmcas deadline is in like, what, just over half an hour? I don’t know if you’re really going to get an official answer. My guess is if they said it was extended, it’s extended. Schools extended deadlines last year too because of the hurricanes and I know at least one or two didn’t update their website.
I am hoping that is the case. I submitted VMCAS awhile back and had to put off supplemental applications until later in the game. I will call admissions Monday and try not to stress too much in the meantime :(

Congratulations to everyone who got their application submitted! Just out of curiosity, who thinks they were the latest to hit that submit button?

Does anyone know if it looks bad to have an expired evaluator on the apps? I was under the impression we could still delete in complete evaluations until October:( my professor is the ultimate procrastinator and promised he would have it done in time, and so I gave him the benefit of the doubt..

Does anyone know if it looks bad to have an expired evaluator on the apps? I was under the impression we could still delete in complete evaluations until October:( my professor is the ultimate procrastinator and promised he would have it done in time, and so I gave him the benefit of the doubt..
As long as you have at least 3 LORs and meet all the requirements for the schools you applied to (some schools require a LOR from a professor), I don't think it's a big deal, I'm not sure if schools can even see it.

As long as you have at least 3 LORs and meet all the requirements for the schools you applied to (some schools require a LOR from a professor), I don't think it's a big deal, I'm not sure if schools can even see it.
It shows it on my applications when I download it, but I’m hoping it’s not a huge deal.

I forgot to add an experience to my application. I just added it now but does anyone know if my application will be thrown out if I click the “Update my application” button? Do I even need to update it since schools haven’t looked at my application yet?

I forgot to add an experience to my application. I just added it now but does anyone know if my application will be thrown out if I click the “Update my application” button? Do I even need to update it since schools haven’t looked at my application yet?
Click update. I added something in October last year. They have a window where you can still add things and if your schools have already downloaded it you should probably email them to let them know you’d like them to download the new app. If you submitted recently, they prob haven’t had a chance to download it, so likely they’d get the new copy to start with but you could email to be safe if you wanted. I think they’re supposed to get something that says there’s an updated version for them to download but not 100% on that.

Reactions: 1 user
It shows it on my applications when I download it, but I’m hoping it’s not a huge deal.
Click update. I added something in October last year. They have a window where you can still add things and if your schools have already downloaded it you should probably email them to let them know you’d like them to download the new app. If you submitted recently, they prob haven’t had a chance to download it, so likely they’d get the new copy to start with but you could email to be safe if you wanted. I think they’re supposed to get something that says there’s an updated version for them to download but not 100% on that.
Thanks! I submitted it yesterday so they should only see the updated version.

Congratulations to everyone who got their application submitted! Just out of curiosity, who thinks they were the latest to hit that submit button?
Haha I’m up there I submitted at like 10:30 bc I was working on my last essay. :ninja:

WHY THO WHY CHANCE IT LIKE THAT BRO
Well I was going to have to wait closer to the deadline bc of some unforeseen money circumstances. So it was not ideal and I literally died everyday I couldn’t submit, but it was out of my control. Then I just couldn’t get that last essay written :barf:

Well I was going to have to wait closer to the deadline bc of some unforeseen money circumstances. So it was not ideal and I literally died everyday I couldn’t submit, but it was out of my control. Then I just couldn’t get that last essay written :barf:
(I get waiting until closer to the deadline for a multitude of different reasons but the writing an essay until an hour before deadline was the WHY part)

(I get waiting until closer to the deadline for a multitude of different reasons but the writing an essay until an hour before deadline was the WHY part)
Yes I know I’m an idiot. I fully accept that :slap:

Also N.C. problems

Last edited:
Yes I know I’m an idiot. I fully accept that :slap:

Also N.C. problems
I submitted my application at exactly 11:28pm. I nearly had a heart attack because we got hit with a storm in the afternoon and my power flickered a few times.

I submitted my application at exactly 11:28pm. I nearly had a heart attack because we got hit with a storm in the afternoon and my power flickered a few times.
Okay you win :bow: not that I really wanted to win

Hi everyone! I know it can take up to 4 weeks for the app to be verified. However, I see a lot of peoples apps have been verified that submitted after I did and I am getting concerned. I submitted on 9/12 and it still only says complete. Is this something worth contacting VMCAS about? Thanks!

Saw people discussing application procrastination...always relevant to my interests.

I did several rounds of personal statement revisions the night before the application was due, I'm pretty sure submitted about two hours before the deadline, and THEN wrote my NC State supplemental essays to get them in just in time. There's probably a reason I didn't get into NC state, I was writing those essays very quickly and with like...no sleep on board lol

Hi everyone! I know it can take up to 4 weeks for the app to be verified. However, I see a lot of peoples apps have been verified that submitted after I did and I am getting concerned. I submitted on 9/12 and it still only says complete. Is this something worth contacting VMCAS about? Thanks!
I submitted 9/10 and am still not verified. Not sure if/when I'll contact vmcas. In previous years it didn't take this long but they say four weeks...

I submitted 9/10 and am still not verified. Not sure if/when I'll contact vmcas. In previous years it didn't take this long but they say four weeks...

I submitted on the 19th and was verified today. I’m not sure what their process is, but I don’t know why I would be verified before you. It might be worth checking in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Submitted 9/21, 2 schools for transcripts, verified yesterday and Midwestern started reviewing me today!!!

Hi! When sending gre scores, are you good as long as you use the right code? And then they'll match it to your vmcas account? Starting to get paranoid > <;;

Hi! When sending gre scores, are you good as long as you use the right code? And then they'll match it to your vmcas account? Starting to get paranoid > <;;

you should be able to look on your VMCAS and see that your GRE scores are "received" on the check status page.

Did anyone else's evaluators have problems with the VMCAS evaluation site? I had one writer say that she had to submit it twice. And another missed the deadline because she *said* that she'd already submitted it and didn't know why it didn't go through. :eyebrow:

Good thing I had an extra person writing for me, but would have really loved to have had another vet submit on my behalf. :/

Did anyone else's evaluators have problems with the VMCAS evaluation site? I had one writer say that she had to submit it twice. And another missed the deadline because she *said* that she'd already submitted it and didn't know why it didn't go through. :eyebrow:

Good thing I had an extra person writing for me, but would have really loved to have had another vet submit on my behalf. :/

I had one evaluator who thought they submitted it, and it wasn't until I asked them if they were almost done that they were like "wait what I did that days ago." It could have probably backfired, but I was relentless with my evaluators once the deadline came close lol. I brought them gifts as an excuse to remind them that I still needed my evaluation. 2 sixpacks of IPA and a bottle of wine later and they got everything in :D

Reactions: 3 users
I had one evaluator who thought they submitted it, and it wasn't until I asked them if they were almost done that they were like "wait what I did that days ago." It could have probably backfired, but I was relentless with my evaluators once the deadline came close lol. I brought them gifts as an excuse to remind them that I still needed my evaluation. 2 sixpacks of IPA and a bottle of wine later and they got everything in :D

Well, the deadline was the day before my birthday and I had reminded her two days prior to it. Instead of harassing her that Friday night, I was out celebrating my birthday at an event in town. Only after I made it home, after midnight, did I realize she didn't complete it. Ugh.

Well, the deadline was the day before my birthday and I had reminded her two days prior to it. Instead of harassing her that Friday night, I was out celebrating my birthday at an event in town. Only after I made it home, after midnight, did I realize she didn't complete it. Ugh.

That's awful, I'm sorry. Do you at least have two vets who wrote them? Only a couple of schools have that as a requirement but other than that as long as you have 3 you're good. I'm sure evaluations don't make or break a candidate (well, maybe break if they only write about how much of a doofus you are).

Yeah my first cycle my vet thought he had submitted but my end was showing he hadn’t so I asked him and he was like “wut” and had to go back in and try and submit again and then I got the “elor submitted” email

Ah, well.. Guess I'm going to let the universe take control of this one. I've said it from the beginning of this app cycle anyway. Que sera, sera.

Yay I’m verified now. Submitted it on the 21st :ninja: got verified today, the 1st of October. Now just to find where these calculated GPA’s are lol. :whoa:

Yeah one of my vets told me they submitted It but It still said “accepted” on my end when I checked a few days lateen. Luckily there was still quite a bit of time left so It wasn’t an issue but I guess It wasn’t very straight forward on their end!

Yay I’m verified now. Submitted it on the 21st :ninja: got verified today, the 1st of October. Now just to find where these calculated GPA’s are lol. :whoa:

Go to the "Check Status" tab on VMCAS, then scroll down to "My Programs." To the right of your Application Status for each school, you can download your application in PDF form. All of your calculated GPAs are at the end of all your transcripts (academic history). :)

Go to the "Check Status" tab on VMCAS, then scroll down to "My Programs." To the right of your Application Status for each school, you can download your application in PDF form. All of your calculated GPAs are at the end of all your transcripts (academic history). :)
Hmmm I don’t see it where you described. Which is sad bc I definitely thought I knew where they’d be. o_O

Hmmm I don’t see it where you described. Which is sad bc I definitely thought I knew where they’d be. o_O
I think it takes a bit after you’re verified for them to get calculated and show up. How long (like actual hours, not days. I know you said you got verified today) has it been since you got the verified email?

I think it takes a bit after you’re verified for them to get calculated and show up. How long (like actual hours, not days. I know you said you got verified today) has it been since you got the verified email?
Five hours, they said in the email to give it an hour. And I didn’t even see the email until 3 hours later :heckyeah: