This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Boooooo
Maybe wait til tomorrow and then email them if it’s been 24 hours and nothing?
Lol at some point in the last hour and a half it showed up. :laugh: But it was depressing so I stopped looking at it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hmmm I don’t see it where you described. Which is sad bc I definitely thought I knew where they’d be. o_O

Yeah it was a day or so after I was verified that I received my GPA. To find it, go to the check status tab, and go down to one of the schools you applied to. There will be a little "download symbol" (like a vertical " -> ] "). It will bring up a PDF of your application (aside: do not worry if your essays look unformatted compared to what you entered in the text boxes--I called VMCAS about this and apparently the school will see your essays correctly formatted). All your GPA info and stuff will be there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol at some point in the last hour and a half it showed up. :laugh: But it was depressing so I stopped looking at it.
Glad you finally got them! For the most part I've avoided looking at my application since submission- it is what it is! Obsessively checking individual schools' portals on the other hand...:poke:

My worst fear came true. My application status updated to undelivered. I asked VMCAS months ago if I should enter my percentage grades or letter grades since my transcripts have both and they told me in writing to use my percentage grades. Now the notice tells me I should’ve entered my letter grades. :mad: Luckily I have one week to fix my application and submit it again. The lady on the phone apologized for the wrong info.

Update: My application was verified! Phew.

Last edited:
My worst fear came true. My application status updated to undelivered. I asked VMCAS months ago if I should enter my percentage grades or letter grades since my transcripts have both and they told me in writing to use my percentage grades. Now the notice tells me I should’ve entered my letter grades. :mad: Luckily I have one week to fix my application and submit it again. The lady on the phone apologized for the wrong info.
Shame on them for making a stressful process more stressful! I’m glad you have the opportunity to fix it at least.

Update: My application was verified! Phew.
Glad you were able to fix it and it got verified!!!!!

Have anyone else's apps still not been verified?

I was already in contact with them, and they are no issues. They are still verifying applications. Just was curious if anyone else's still were not verified. Thanks though!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but there isn't a UPEI/AVC c/o 2023 thread....so can anybody here help me? I got an email this week saying that since I took one of my prereqs on a reduced course load (statistics over the summer) I need to submit a detailed letter outlining the exceptional circumstances and justify why my application should be considered. Has anyone else gotten this or something similar? I am not sure exactly what they are looking for. I had finished all but one of my graduation requirements by spring '17, so I took my last needed class and stats at a university closer to home over the summer semester rather than going back for another full semester. Should I write a short essay? Just a few sentences - short and to the point? I don't feel like this is really and 'exceptional circumstance', so I'm not sure what to do. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but there isn't a UPEI/AVC c/o 2023 thread....so can anybody here help me? I got an email this week saying that since I took one of my prereqs on a reduced course load (statistics over the summer) I need to submit a detailed letter outlining the exceptional circumstances and justify why my application should be considered. Has anyone else gotten this or something similar? I am not sure exactly what they are looking for. I had finished all but one of my graduation requirements by spring '17, so I took my last needed class and stats at a university closer to home over the summer semester rather than going back for another full semester. Should I write a short essay? Just a few sentences - short and to the point? I don't feel like this is really and 'exceptional circumstance', so I'm not sure what to do. Thanks in advance!
I think they're just asking for an explanation of why you took it then and not earlier. So, just explain the course of events like you have here.

Submitted my apps on 9/18 and they were FINALLY verified today (exactly 4 weeks later, ugh), WOOHOO!!

Does anyone know if your application review (and thus possible admissions offers) are affected by when schools receive your application? I submitted on the last day because I caught at the last second that my transcript wasn’t accepted because of a name change to the university which had to be fixed by VMCAS, who had told me the old name was fine :mad:. They have assured me someone is in the process of verifying but they haven’t completed everyone’s. Just freaking out since so many have gotten interview offers already!

Does anyone know if your application review (and thus possible admissions offers) are affected by when schools receive your application? I submitted on the last day because I caught at the last second that my transcript wasn’t accepted because of a name change to the university which had to be fixed by VMCAS, who had told me the old name was fine :mad:. They have assured me someone is in the process of verifying but they haven’t completed everyone’s. Just freaking out since so many have gotten interview offers already!
Only schools that will be affected by it are the schools that do rolling admissions like Midwestern and the Caribbean schools. I don’t THINK LMU technically is rolling admissions, but they do start offering interviews earlier than some more established schools because of how many people they interview each cycle.
Last cycle I didn’t get an interview offer until late November for one school and mid JANUARY for Illinois. You still have time, it just depends on when the schools you’re applying to send out invites. Lots don’t start sending any out until November or December.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a way to view my vmcas I stupidly didnt save it as a pdf. I want to review it before my interviews

Not sure what thread to ask this in but:

Would it we weird to ask my recommenders for the rec letter they submitted on my behalf? I was accepted this round and will be attending a school, but I am just curious what they said about me and what I can improve on in the future. I am also wondering if changing one of my recommenders was the wrong move, as my dream school rejected me this time (waitlisted before), but that is less so the reason for wanting to ask for them. Thoughts?:)

Would it we weird to ask my recommenders for the rec letter they submitted on my behalf? I was accepted this round and will be attending a school, but I am just curious what they said about me and what I can improve on in the future. I am also wondering if changing one of my recommenders was the wrong move, as my dream school rejected me this time (waitlisted before), but that is less so the reason for wanting to ask for them. Thoughts?:)

I wouldn't. I feel like that would make it seem as though you are blaming them (at least partially) for your rejection. That, and you were accepted into a program, so does it really matter? The outcome at your first choice can likely be attributed to the influx of applications this year. There is never a guarantee of acceptance or waitlist, no matter what your stats are. A lot of it is really just the luck of the draw.

I'd leave it be. Send them thank you notes and let them know where you were accepted and where you'll be attending.

Reactions: 3 users
I wouldn't. I feel like that would make it seem as though you are blaming them (at least partially) for your rejection. That, and you were accepted into a program, so does it really matter? The outcome at your first choice can likely be attributed to the influx of applications this year. There is never a guarantee of acceptance or waitlist, no matter what your stats are. A lot of it is really just the luck of the draw.

I'd leave it be. Send them thank you notes and let them know where you were accepted and where you'll be attending.

Thank you for your input, I agree on your points. The blame thing was just a side note, and I would never blame them, if anything I could have just lost like half a point, and the outcome was entirely on me. I'm incredibly grateful for their help. With that said, I really just want to grow my strengths and fix my weaknesses to be a better person and professional.

If one of my brutally honest PI's had never told me my scientific writing sucks I would have never greatly improved on it as I have now. Was just wondering if asking for that was frowned upon or if anyone else has asked for them post acceptances. :)

I agree with sheltermed, but I do think it could be constructive to ask a similar question without asking to see the letters they wrote. Maybe just asking about things they like about you and things they think you could improve upon. This really depends on your relationship with them though. If you don’t feel comfortable having an open conversation with them like you would with a friend, I wouldn’t do it. I would personally only do this with two out of the four people who wrote letters for me. One said he’ll show me when I leave for school what he wrote (I didn’t ask to see it). I definitely wouldn’t ask any of my references if I could see the letters they wrote though.

Reactions: 1 users