This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone else feel like the waiting game is extra painful now? Like I knew I wouldn't hear very much in October, let alone any decisions. But now it's November first and I am refreshing my email every 5 seconds waiting for interview updates! :nailbiting: Is this what's it's gonna be like through February? :dead:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone else feel like the waiting game is extra painful now? Like I knew I wouldn't hear very much in October, let alone any decisions. But now it's November first and I am refreshing my email every 5 seconds waiting for interview updates! :nailbiting: Is this what's it's gonna be like through February? :dead:
You're definitely not the only one :cryi:

Reactions: 3 users
Honestly same, I just want to rip it off like a bandaid. Everyone is telling me to enjoy the process, but I can't find any of this enjoyable lol. :laugh:
1604262528882.png

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone is telling me to enjoy the process, but I can't find any of this enjoyable lol.

Ain't none of the application process enjoyable. Will say that obsessing makes it worse. Focus on other aspects of your life and keep improving your application. Refreshing emails just makes things worse

Reactions: 7 users
Ain't none of the application process enjoyable. Will say that obsessing makes it worse. Focus on other aspects of your life and keep improving your application. Refreshing emails just makes things worse

Is there anything else at this stage to improve application than to gain more experience?

Is there anything else at this stage to improve application than to gain more experience?
Not to speak for bats, but this is going to be very situation dependent. For some people it means more vet hours, more variety. Others it means leadership positions, volunteer work, research positions, working. For some it means retaking classes. What Bats is getting at I believe is don't sit idlily by while assuming you have an acceptance because by the time you get file reviews from some universities it's April-May and there was a whole lot of time wasted and then there's not enough time to improve upon suggestions from universities enough before the next application is due. Plus it never hurts to keep expanding your horizons to put yourself in a better position in the event one gets into vet school.

• Love
What she said!

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else read this and are even more slightly terrified now? Or is it just me lol?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201103-192736_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-192736_Chrome.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 246
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone else read this and are even more slightly terrified now? Or is it just me lol?
Yes omg:(
I’m very nervous about schools not increasing class size accordingly. I’m so scared I won’t get in

Reactions: 2 users
Same here! Not getting in last cycle was pretty hard for me! I just cant believe the increase in numbers! I thought with COVID a lot fewer would be applying!
I’m very nervous about schools not increasing class size accordingly. I’m so scared I won’t get in

Reactions: 10 users
Same here! Not getting in last cycle was pretty hard for me! I just cant believe the increase in numbers! I thought with COVID a lot fewer would be applying!
I am going to be honest, I feel like MORE people would be applying this cycle. A lot of schools relaxed requirements (hours, GRE, even DVM letters) and maybe some people thought they should go apply this cycle knowing the fact that next year schools may not relax the requirements.

I am going to be honest, I feel like MORE people would be applying this cycle. A lot of schools relaxed requirements (hours, GRE, even DVM letters) and maybe some people thought they should go apply this cycle knowing the fact that next year schools may not relax the requirements.
I agree. This may mean that a lot of applicants are not extremely competitive, though, so don’t lose hope yet!

Members don't see this ad :)

That’s a good point!

I totally get how more people would have taken advantage of relaxed requirements BUT it is pretty surprising considering we are in economically trying times. I wonder how many people have applied without considering the financial hardship that vet school poses. I worked with a receptionist at my clinic who applied to vet school without doing any research on cost. I think that this is likely an extreme and bizarre situation but I think that some people, especially young people don't anticipate the financial challenges that might affect their plans, maybe even end them entirely.

I just hope that this relaxing of requirements don’t end up hurting those that have worked sooooo freaking hard to meet and exceed these requirements. I’m afraid they’re going to have to accept some that don’t meet requirements just to say that they are not discriminating against covid affected individuals. But then again I feel awful for my friends that are applying rn and can’t meet all these requirements. Basically I’m just a puddle of stress

I just hope that this relaxing of requirements don’t end up hurting those that have worked sooooo freaking hard to meet and exceed these requirements. I’m afraid they’re going to have to accept some that don’t meet requirements just to say that they are not discriminating against covid affected individuals. But then again I feel awful for my friends that are applying rn and can’t meet all these requirements. Basically I’m just a puddle of stress

Both this and the election have me SO STRESSED

I actually read the entire article (thank you SAVMA membership). The overall theme was that this was an aberration and not to get worked up over this.

Schools absolutely *should not* increase class sizes. Class size is actually linked to AVMA COE accreditation. Schools *cannot* increase class sizes without going through the COE and proving that they can handle the increased students, and then the class size change is permanent until the next COE site visit. Illinois had to have an emergency evaluation of our facilities and accreditation due to the class of 2020 having 160 students (originally 180 following April 15 signing day) instead of 130.

I'm not sure if you can access the entire article, but the veterinarian interviewed from the AAVMC mentions multiple times that this is expected to be a random blip in increases and that this will not happen again next year. So changing the class seat numbers would be a poor decision on parts of schools.

Further more, we shouldnt be adding schools or seats until we get the veterinary financial crisis figured out.

I wonder how many people have applied without considering the financial hardship that vet school poses.

LOL. This is standard, not the exception. There is a hefty majority of people who still believe that its worthwhile going to the more expensive school, even if they have the in state acceptance in hand. I would wager 20% of the people I know in school either 1) didnt even apply to their in state or 2) still came to Illinois despite getting into their in state. Then you have to remember 20% graduate without debt.

It really hasnt been until the last 2-4 years where I've seen the cultural shift in veterinary medicine to actually worry about the cost. When I was first applying in 2013, the norm on here and the APVMA facebook page was to get into your dream school, not the cheapest school.

I just hope that this relaxing of requirements don’t end up hurting those that have worked sooooo freaking hard to meet and exceed these requirements. I’m afraid they’re going to have to accept some that don’t meet requirements just to say that they are not discriminating against covid affected individuals.

Its mentioned in the article that the quality of the average matriculating applicant wont drop. With a less than 50% acceptance rate, there are plenty of applicants that are more than qualified and arent accepted during normal years. And with the nebulous definitions of "qualified applicant" across the different school admissions policies, I dont think schools are overly concerned with appearing to discriminate against students that have experienced hardship over the last 7-8 months. Especially when those hardships have been overwhelmingly universal for the most part.

Schools absolutely *should not* increase class sizes.

Further more, we shouldnt be adding schools or seats until we get the veterinary financial crisis figured out.

Then you have to remember 20% graduate without debt.

It really hasnt been until the last 2-4 years where I've seen the cultural shift in veterinary medicine to actually worry about the cost. When I was first applying in 2013, the norm on here and the APVMA facebook page was to get into your dream school, not the cheapest school.
Just pulling excerpts to touch on. I wanted to throw in IDK how many people might have access to the most recent AVMA economic summit basically 20% graduate debt free while another 20% graduate with a 4:1 debt to income ratio. Mean was 2:1 debt to income ratio. I think it's terrifying 20% of the profession is graduating with 4:1 debt to income.

Also with schools not increasing class sizes my school basically cannot aside from the COE link because we are maxed out on building capacities.*Among many other reasons class sizes should not increase/not open new schools*

It is disappointing that a 4:1 debt to income ratio does not make people stop and think about pursuing this field and unfortunately I think the issue stems from a much deeper aspect in society than the schools/AVMA can address.

I think it's terrifying 20% of the profession is graduating with 4:1 debt to income.

A new grad I know at the clinic I would like to end up at has 465k in debt. His DVM and our DVMs are the same degree, but his costs over 50% more than mine. That is atrocious.

I think the issue stems from a much deeper aspect in society than the schools/AVMA can address

Agreed. Following your dreams doesnt really work when you cant afford to live them.

Reactions: 1 users
waiting for vet school stuff on top of election stuff while trying to keep myself busy might give me a brain aneurysm and I don't think I mentally prepped enough :lol:

waiting for vet school stuff on top of election stuff while trying to keep myself busy might give me a brain aneurysm and I don't think I mentally prepped enough :lol:
Same over here. I have two exams tomorrow and I DO NOT NEED THIS RIGHT NOW.

Right there with you. Have an exam in a couple of hours, my first spay tomorrow, and another exam after that and my focus is zero right now because of everything else that's going on :shrug:

hi everyone!!!! I need help I screwed up bad somehow LMAO
when I applied to penn I NEVER saw a mention of a supplemental app on their vmcas page (I thought their extra questions on vmcas were the supplemental app) and now I got an email saying THAT I DIDN;T FILL OUT THE SUPPLEMENTAL
so.... I found it online and Im trying to fill it out and I can't tell if I'm just an idiot and didn't notice it or it somehow was actually not indicated?? it seems like they will still accept my app if I do it now but man.. I didn't need this stress rn lmao
so my first question for everyone is- will this problem make them think less of me when they read the app? it says they don't start review until December
second, they want to know my veterinary primary interest and how many "VET experience hours" I have in this interest. I am mostly interested in public health and I do have experience in veterinary public health but this was all on a research basis. Therefore in VMCAS it is listed as research experience, not veterinary experience. About half my hours were actually working with animals, and the rest were running tests in the lab/data interpretation. what am I supposed to do? should I include all my research hours in veterinary public health? should I just include the hours that actually involved the animals? do I literally put 0 because vmcas classifies them as "research" not "vet"?
also I have significant experience in a wildlife hospital and although that is not strictly "public health" it is extremely related to public health. Do I include those hours? or no???? I also have "human" public health experience (infectious disease control)... I assume I don't include this?
also the categories they offer for your interests are: small animal, equine, large animal, food animal, mixed, special species/exotics, research, lab animal, academic, public health, wildlife, zoo" and then they have you "describe your interest". should I just choose "research" instead of "public health" and then describe it as public health research??!?!?!? I just don't want to have to put down zero hours lol
sorry this is so long and winding but I am really frazzled by all of this and I don't know anyone applying to Penn and I can't find a penn thread for this year
thank you if you read this mess :)

hi everyone!!!! I need help I screwed up bad somehow LMAO
when I applied to penn I NEVER saw a mention of a supplemental app on their vmcas page (I thought their extra questions on vmcas were the supplemental app) and now I got an email saying THAT I DIDN;T FILL OUT THE SUPPLEMENTAL
so.... I found it online and Im trying to fill it out and I can't tell if I'm just an idiot and didn't notice it or it somehow was actually not indicated?? it seems like they will still accept my app if I do it now but man.. I didn't need this stress rn lmao
so my first question for everyone is- will this problem make them think less of me when they read the app? it says they don't start review until December
second, they want to know my veterinary primary interest and how many "VET experience hours" I have in this interest. I am mostly interested in public health and I do have experience in veterinary public health but this was all on a research basis. Therefore in VMCAS it is listed as research experience, not veterinary experience. About half my hours were actually working with animals, and the rest were running tests in the lab/data interpretation. what am I supposed to do? should I include all my research hours in veterinary public health? should I just include the hours that actually involved the animals? do I literally put 0 because vmcas classifies them as "research" not "vet"?
also I have significant experience in a wildlife hospital and although that is not strictly "public health" it is extremely related to public health. Do I include those hours? or no???? I also have "human" public health experience (infectious disease control)... I assume I don't include this?
also the categories they offer for your interests are: small animal, equine, large animal, food animal, mixed, special species/exotics, research, lab animal, academic, public health, wildlife, zoo" and then they have you "describe your interest". should I just choose "research" instead of "public health" and then describe it as public health research??!?!?!? I just don't want to have to put down zero hours lol
sorry this is so long and winding but I am really frazzled by all of this and I don't know anyone applying to Penn and I can't find a penn thread for this year
thank you if you read this mess :)
First, take a moment to breathe. Then ask the school if they will still accept the supplemental form.

Vet experience hours are those that are supervised by a veterinarian. So if the PI in the lab where you worked was a veterinarian, those hours count toward vet experience hours. Honestly, the school is going to be your best resource for how they want hours counted, so you can reach out to their admissions office with questions.

There isn't really a right or wrong answer for whether you put your main interest as public health or as research. The school wants to know what you want to do. If that's public health, then you answer public health, and describe why you're interested in public health.

Just pulling excerpts to touch on. I wanted to throw in IDK how many people might have access to the most recent AVMA economic summit basically 20% graduate debt free while another 20% graduate with a 4:1 debt to income ratio. Mean was 2:1 debt to income ratio. I think it's terrifying 20% of the profession is graduating with 4:1 debt to income.

Also with schools not increasing class sizes my school basically cannot aside from the COE link because we are maxed out on building capacities.*Among many other reasons class sizes should not increase/not open new schools*

It is disappointing that a 4:1 debt to income ratio does not make people stop and think about pursuing this field and unfortunately I think the issue stems from a much deeper aspect in society than the schools/AVMA can address.
Also, like, you seriously don't want to be the first class of an increased size.

I was c/o 2016 at NCSU, which was the first when they went from 80 to 100. Legitimately had an instructor (who was great! just honest) go, within the first month of school, "If I had my way twenty of you wouldn't be here." :|

Everything has to be modified to account for new students. The whole time, we were the first to do groups a certain way, first to do rotations with different numbers, first to do x and y and seriously at a certain point you do get a bit tired of being a guinea pig, haha.

Last edited:
also yes, everyone here should know, go to the cheapest school and don't put yourself into insurmountable debt for a career that you have NO IDEA if you're going to want to do forever until you're doing it.

I graduated with like 80k in debt (so super reasonable) and it's still a bitch watching over a grand disappear every month to pay it off. I can't imagine graduating with 400k.

Hi all, I hope this is not a stupid question. I honestly did not know about the VMCAS lock down earlier in October. For some reasons I thought it will be active the whole time for us to refer back to. Therefore, I didn’t save any pdf copies of my application now I just realized having that to refer back to for interview would be super helpful any tips on what I should do?

Hi all, I hope this is not a stupid question. I honestly did not know about the VMCAS lock down earlier in October. For some reasons I thought it will be active the whole time for us to refer back to. Therefore, I didn’t save any pdf copies of my application now I just realized having that to refer back to for interview would be super helpful any tips on what I should do?

You can contact VMCAS customer service and they will send you copies.

When you realize that you are most likely going to be hearing back from the majority of the schools you applied for in a matter of a couple of weeks.

1605739880325.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Ok y'all
Quick rant/vent
I am SO NERVOUS. I've been non-stop clenching my jaw since the start of November (KILLER headache btw). I'm really scared about not getting in anywhere. I applied to 17 schools (I know, it was basically a full-time job writing essays and I put all the app fees on my credit card so that bill is HIGH) and I'm out of the running at 6 of them. My IS/undergrad school UCD is my dream school but I honestly don't think I'm competitive enough to get in.
I'm so, so SO scared. I don't know what my backup is. I can't really afford to start paying off my student loans AND continue to build veterinary hours/experience, so I'm thinking about maybe a master's? (I'm graduating with my Bachelors this spring)
Is anyone else feeling absolutely terrified and already defeated? Or does anyone have any tips about getting up and trying again after not getting in the first time you apply? I've never gotten rejected from a school, out of highschool I went to a community college and did a transfer guarantee thing to get into UCD undergrad, so this has been EXTRA hard hearing my first ever rejections (lots of crying and wine)
Anyway, thanks for being my shoulder to cry on if you made it to the end of this post
-XOXO really terrified and I wish I could say prevet but whaT IF I DONT GET IN AHHHH

• Care
Ok y'all
Quick rant/vent
I am SO NERVOUS. I've been non-stop clenching my jaw since the start of November (KILLER headache btw). I'm really scared about not getting in anywhere. I applied to 17 schools (I know, it was basically a full-time job writing essays and I put all the app fees on my credit card so that bill is HIGH) and I'm out of the running at 6 of them. My IS/undergrad school UCD is my dream school but I honestly don't think I'm competitive enough to get in.
I'm so, so SO scared. I don't know what my backup is. I can't really afford to start paying off my student loans AND continue to build veterinary hours/experience, so I'm thinking about maybe a master's? (I'm graduating with my Bachelors this spring)
Is anyone else feeling absolutely terrified and already defeated? Or does anyone have any tips about getting up and trying again after not getting in the first time you apply? I've never gotten rejected from a school, out of highschool I went to a community college and did a transfer guarantee thing to get into UCD undergrad, so this has been EXTRA hard hearing my first ever rejections (lots of crying and wine)
Anyway, thanks for being my shoulder to cry on if you made it to the end of this post
-XOXO really terrified and I wish I could say prevet but whaT IF I DONT GET IN AHHHH
if it makes you feel any better i only applied to 3 schools and have already been rejected from 1

Ok y'all
Quick rant/vent
Everyone here who is applying this cycle can vouch when I say that everyone is nervous! So don't worry. I felt terrified and already defeated when I hit the submit button for the VMCAS. The reason why I am so numb right now is that my vet would say to me that it is completely normal not to get in the first time, improve your application, and then apply again. "Pretend that you didn't get in anywhere so the rejections won't hurt as bad". :laugh:

It wouldn't be a bad thing to start looking into backups just in case! I have a few things that I might want to pursue if vet school was not in the cards for me. For me, I don't know if applying for a master would be the best option for me, but I would probably either retake some classes or take more high-level science courses. The thing that worried me about this post is the fact that you can't really afford to start paying off your student loans. If you can't pay for your UG loans then what is going to happen when you have to pay vet school loans? There is no shame in prioritizing paying off your student loans while making your application more competitive. I am very lucky that I will be graduating with no loans or else I would probably hold off applying until all of my loans are paid off.

I already got rejected by two schools already due to a miscommunication on my part. :rolleyes: so there's that lol. My IS is Davis too, but I am most likely not getting in there lol. This is why I am rooting for U of A!

Ok y'all
Quick rant/vent
Last cycle I applied to 4, was flat out rejected from 3, got interviewed at my in state but ultimately rejected. It sucked, but I also have learned so much from the veterinarians I work with this past year and know I will grow from this experience. Acceptance or not, it will be okay.

Last edited:
Everyone here who is applying this cycle can vouch when I say that everyone is nervous! So don't worry. I felt terrified and already defeated when I hit the submit button for the VMCAS. The reason why I am so numb right now is that my vet would say to me that it is completely normal not to get in the first time, improve your application, and then apply again. "Pretend that you didn't get in anywhere so the rejections won't hurt as bad". :laugh:

It wouldn't be a bad thing to start looking into backups just in case! I have a few things that I might want to pursue if vet school was not in the cards for me. For me, I don't know if applying for a master would be the best option for me, but I would probably either retake some classes or take more high-level science courses. The thing that worried me about this post is the fact that you can't really afford to start paying off your student loans. If you can't pay for your UG loans then what is going to happen when you have to pay vet school loans? There is no shame in prioritizing paying off your student loans while making your application more competitive. I am very lucky that I will be graduating with no loans or else I would probably hold off applying until all of my loans are paid off.

I already got rejected by two schools already due to a miscommunication on my part. :rolleyes: so there's that lol. My IS is Davis too, but I am most likely not getting in there lol. This is why I am rooting for U of A!
Thank you sm to everyone who's already applied it felt really good to get that all out to my peers lol
I've been walking the clinical or research border for a bit (my undergrad major is a research-based one) so I've been toying w the idea of a master's first, but I know some schools consider grad GPAs in like a different way?
The thing about the loans is most of my undergrad, including living expenses, has been paid for by a combination of scholarships and loans. The loan ship has sailed, and I'm contributing to the student debt crisis whether I like it or not, so in a weird way I've just accepted them?? Like I think I might have to pay loans for the rest of my life and tbh I'm at peace with that??

Anyway yes one of the schools I'm rejected from was also miscommunication on my part:( There's a lot of moving parts when applying and one of them moved right out from under me lol

It's comforting to hear that applying a second time is totally normal! I'm feeling a bit better already just after venting and reading some replies. And honestly just in the application process alone I've already learned how to apply a little better next time if I need to. Thanks y'all <3

Ok y'all
Quick rant/vent
I totally relate to this. My circumstances are likely a bit different as I'm approaching 30 years old and just now graduating undergrad in the spring. I have been terrified that my grades when I was younger will impact my application and I'm super fearful of having to apply again considering my age. It's very daunting to think that I will only be starting my career mid 30's and not getting into any schools will certainly be disappointing. I applied to 10 schools and have already been flat out rejected by 3. 2/7 I have left are far reach schools and I don't anticipate any possible way I will get in there. Needless to say, I feel your pain and every time I check my email I panic inside. With that, I've worked in vet med for 8 years and the majority of doctors I know had to apply a minimum of two times. So I just try to keep that in mind and remember that rejection doesn't define the kind of doctor I will be. Sending you good vibes!

Ok y'all
Quick rant/vent
I totally get you! This is my first time applying too, I went crazy and applied to 14 schools :rofl:

I find it helpful to be productive in other things during this waiting game. Been picking up many extra shifts in the ER I work in. Keeps my mind off the applications, adds quite some fund to my bank account, and gains more experience in the field! We'll get through this!!

People start vet school later than that. I had someone in my class who started at 51. It can be an asset graduating older too, since you don't look like you're fresh out of undergrad and you don't get those clients asking to see "the real doctor."
Very true! Thank you, this is a positive perspective :)

I totally relate to this. My circumstances are likely a bit different as I'm approaching 30 years old and just now graduating undergrad in the spring. I have been terrified that my grades when I was younger will impact my application and I'm super fearful of having to apply again considering my age. It's very daunting to think that I will only be starting my career mid 30's and not getting into any schools will certainly be disappointing. I applied to 10 schools and have already been flat out rejected by 3. 2/7 I have left are far reach schools and I don't anticipate any possible way I will get in there. Needless to say, I feel your pain and every time I check my email I panic inside. With that, I've worked in vet med for 8 years and the majority of doctors I know had to apply a minimum of two times. So I just try to keep that in mind and remember that rejection doesn't define the kind of doctor I will be. Sending you good vibes!
You're not alone! I'm 28; If I get in this round, I'd start at 29 and if I wait til next round, I'd start at 30. I did my Master's first and moved around quite a bit deciding if I wanted to pursue a PhD or DVM and I like to think that in itself kind of tells an interesting story. I'm not sure if I'm getting in this round but I always tell myself, really what's the big difference between graduating vet school at 33 or 34 or 35? (or any age, depending on what you make of it). it's alarming, I think, to watch your youth zip by - but supposing all goes well, those years will tick by anyway. may as well do what we like.

I've been walking the clinical or research border for a bit (my undergrad major is a research-based one) so I've been toying w the idea of a master's first, but I know some schools consider grad GPAs in like a different way?
Hey, so I'm unsure if I'm getting in anywhere this round, but I did my Master's prior to this. I have run into some schools considering my grad school GPAs differently, but so far it also seems to depend on the school and the class. eg, some courses in grad school are double listed -- a simultaneous 400/600 level course - and may be better received since there's less room for ambiguity. But ultimately what worked best for me was calling the schools I was interested in and asking them directly. As far as I can tell it hasn't really posed a problem at the schools I applied to - they were more concerned about missing pre-reqs and prior withdrawals from o-chem on my part. In fact, during my interview with Ross, the interviewers were really interested in my Master's research and wanted to hear more about research interests. Luckily I like my research (some people don't!) - and it probably goes without saying - but in deciding if you want to go to grad school make sure you pick something you at least feel comfortable talking about for interviews later on.

You're not alone! I'm 28; If I get in this round, I'd start at 29 and if I wait til next round, I'd start at 30. I did my Master's first and moved around quite a bit deciding if I wanted to pursue a PhD or DVM and I like to think that in itself kind of tells an interesting story. I'm not sure if I'm getting in this round but I always tell myself, really what's the big difference between graduating vet school at 33 or 34 or 35? (or any age, depending on what you make of it). it's alarming, I think, to watch your youth zip by - but supposing all goes well, those years will tick by anyway. may as well do what we like.
Thanks for sharing this! I think no matter how you spend your 20's, they fly by! I do think having another career outside of vet Med makes me a well-rounded applicant so I'm hopeful that our age and experience will only aid in our applications!

Thanks for sharing this! I think no matter how you spend your 20's, they fly by! I do think having another career outside of vet Med makes me a well-rounded applicant so I'm hopeful that our age and experience will only aid in our applications!
Yes! Agreed - I'm gradually growing more confident that it will. :giggle: it helps when you like your other career, too. I'm in ecology and in general I have so much fun with it. I'm hoping it'll kind of shine through.

Hey, so I'm unsure if I'm getting in anywhere this round, but I did my Master's prior to this. I have run into some schools considering my grad school GPAs differently, but so far it also seems to depend on the school and the class. eg, some courses in grad school are double listed -- a simultaneous 400/600 level course - and may be better received since there's less room for ambiguity. But ultimately what worked best for me was calling the schools I was interested in and asking them directly. As far as I can tell it hasn't really posed a problem at the schools I applied to - they were more concerned about missing pre-reqs and prior withdrawals from o-chem on my part. In fact, during my interview with Ross, the interviewers were really interested in my Master's research and wanted to hear more about research interests. Luckily I like my research (some people don't!) - and it probably goes without saying - but in deciding if you want to go to grad school make sure you pick something you at least feel comfortable talking about for interviews later on.
That’s really helpful! I’m considering an MS in epidemiology from UCD, my PI for my senior practicum is the faculty advisor for the emphasis I would do. I love one health so much, it’s so cool! If I did do my masters first, I would probably get a DVM but go research instead of clinical :)

Good point! Thank you
Hi friends! I had this exact same thought! What about the schools that dont have interviews?( my in state school ISU :() I have been doing some cool stuff that id love for schools to see that didnt make it on my application :(

Hey y'all! Hope everyone's been doing well! I was checking through old emails and saw this from NC State: "Please remember you are responsible for sending your Summer 2020 (if applicable) by December 1, 2020 and Fall 2020 transcripts by February 1, 2021 directly to NC State University." I waited to send my transcripts to VMCAS until my summer grades were all in, so I don't need to resend it, correct?

Hey y'all! Hope everyone's been doing well! I was checking through old emails and saw this from NC State: "Please remember you are responsible for sending your Summer 2020 (if applicable) by December 1, 2020 and Fall 2020 transcripts by February 1, 2021 directly to NC State University." I waited to send my transcripts to VMCAS until my summer grades were all in, so I don't need to resend it, correct?
I’m not sure if this is the case for your school, but w my school sending transcripts is free so if I were you I would do it anyway? Just to be safe