This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I took the CASPER test last cycle and this cycle as well. I can't remember when I was able to actually view my results after they were delivered. I took casper on Aug 27th, and it says that my results have been delivered but doesn't have a tab for me to actually view them. Does anyone know when I will be able to?

Members don't see this ad.

So I took the CASPER test last cycle and this cycle as well. I can't remember when I was able to actually view my results after they were delivered. I took casper on Aug 27th, and it says that my results have been delivered but doesn't have a tab for me to actually view them. Does anyone know when I will be able to?
4 weeks after you take it you’ll get an email that has the link to the results. Schools get the results 2 weeks after

Reactions: 1 user
Hey friends! I am finalizing everything and am having an issue with entering my Ashworth College transcript. They don't identify their semesters in the traditional sense (summer, fall, etc) but rather First, Second, etc. I am in my last class of the first semester. For those of you that attended programs like this (Penn Foster, etc), how did you enter your transcripts? TIA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Help! A weird thing happened with my transcript! So I took a summer class at my primary institution, and once my final grade for that was posted (early July) I requested the transcript and it was sent with no issues. On Thursday WesternU emailed me that a grade for that summer course was missing, making my application incomplete. I checked my VMCAS and sure enough, that class was still marked as In Progress. I dont know how this happened, but I immediately requested a new transcript from Parchment, and I got the email that it was received by VMCAS early on Friday morning. Since it takes up to 5 business days for a transcript to show up in the application, I'm worried that the transcript wont be on my VMCAS profile by the deadline on Monday. Will this get me automatically rejected? tldr: If i order my transcripts before the vmcas deadline, and they are received by vmcas before the deadline, but they show up in the "Check Status" part of my application until after the deadline, will I be okay?

Help! A weird thing happened with my transcript! So I took a summer class at my primary institution, and once my final grade for that was posted (early July) I requested the transcript and it was sent with no issues. On Thursday WesternU emailed me that a grade for that summer course was missing, making my application incomplete. I checked my VMCAS and sure enough, that class was still marked as In Progress. I dont know how this happened, but I immediately requested a new transcript from Parchment, and I got the email that it was received by VMCAS early on Friday morning. Since it takes up to 5 business days for a transcript to show up in the application, I'm worried that the transcript wont be on my VMCAS profile by the deadline on Monday. Will this get me automatically rejected? tldr: If i order my transcripts before the vmcas deadline, and they are received by vmcas before the deadline, but they show up in the "Check Status" part of my application until after the deadline, will I be okay?
I would contact VMCAS and also westernU ( to be safe) as soon as possible they should be able to tell you.

I'm in a similar situation but VMCAS assured me that they are verifying applications until October 5th however it is up to the individuals school on whether they will accept your application. I contacted the schools that I applied to and most of them said they were accepting it after the deadline but, some made a note in my file and told me to email them once I am verified.

it's finished!!! this VMCAS cycle is finished!!! I can finally actually focus on all the other stuff I have been delaying.

One of my recommenders waited till the last second then had some technical difficulties uploading their letter, so they sent it to VMCAS customer support within an hour of but before the deadline. Do y’all think this has any chance of making it in? I had my required number already, but they worked with me for years so I’m a little disappointed.

One of my recommenders waited till the last second then had some technical difficulties uploading their letter, so they sent it to VMCAS customer support within an hour of but before the deadline. Do y’all think this has any chance of making it in? I had my required number already, but they worked with me for years so I’m a little disappointed.
As long as it was submitted before the application deadline I don't see why it wouldn't be processed.

As long as it was submitted before the application deadline I don't see why it wouldn't be processed.
It wasn’t technically submitted, they weren’t able to access the request on their end for some reason and it was too late to troubleshoot so they just emailed it to VMCAS support. It went from “requested” to “expired” on my side after the deadline

It wasn’t technically submitted, they weren’t able to access the request on their end for some reason and it was too late to troubleshoot so they just emailed it to VMCAS support. It went from “requested” to “expired” on my side after the deadline
Did you check again today? VMCAS apparently extended the deadline 24 hours

Did you check again today? VMCAS apparently extended the deadline 24 hours
I did and it hasn’t changed- I think the deadline extension is just for actual submissions, not transcripts or LoRs (or at least that’s what I’ve seen on the screenshots going around)

Yeah then I wouldn't hold out on having it count at all. I would definitely let the recommender know that you missed out just so they are more careful with other students that request recommendations.

good on you for having the other reccs submitted early

Members don't see this ad :)
Feeling frustrated with the VMCAS verification, I kept waiting for them to verify my spring term 2023 until I realized they just weren't going to. Mistake on my end combined with a mistake on their end (and lack of communication) and now I'm very stressed with having an incomplete transcript. So far, individual schools have been so kind and helpful but it's been anxiety-inducing to the max

i was not expecting schools to have so many supplemental applications😭 i assumed that any supplementals would be in the VMCAS questions sections, but trying to do all these additional supplemental essays is such a pain. i really thought a weight was lifted after i submitted vmcas but i guess not

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Not sure if anyone has asked this already but I keep getting emails from VMCAS saying to print my application PDFs before I lose access to them on October 12. Do we actually lose complete access to them? Obviously I would like my applications so I can have them on hand for interviews, but I really don’t want to print out 350+ pages if I don’t have to.

Not sure if anyone has asked this already but I keep getting emails from VMCAS saying to print my application PDFs before I lose access to them on October 12. Do we actually lose complete access to them? Obviously I would like my applications so I can have them on hand for interviews, but I really don’t want to print out 350+ pages if I don’t have to.
Why not just save the PDF file

Yes you do lose access. Just save them to PDF

I would not count on the following as how to get copies of your application but just thought I'd mention the following as a piece of information. A couple years back I had a computer issue and lost all my saved documents including the copies of my applications. I was offered an interview and recommended that I review my application which I didn't have a copy of anymore (and past the period you could access them. I contacted VMCAS and they were able to email me a copy of it.

Hi All!

I know this question has probably been asked a lot, but the answer is still a bit murky to me. If I'm starting a new job/experience this coming Monday (the 16th), does that qualify as a new experience I can add to the application before it closes? Or does it technically not count for this cycle since my start date is after the 12th? I wasn't sure if I should try to add it in or just reach out about it to the schools I applied to. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

Hi All!

I know this question has probably been asked a lot, but the answer is still a bit murky to me. If I'm starting a new job/experience this coming Monday (the 16th), does that qualify as a new experience I can add to the application before it closes? Or does it technically not count for this cycle since my start date is after the 12th? I wasn't sure if I should try to add it in or just reach out about it to the schools I applied to. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!
I would not add an experience you haven’t actively participated in. It’s not going to help your app if you haven’t started the experience anyway because you haven’t done anything, and worst case they may think you’re trying to pad experiences…just looking at your app how would they know if you’d follow through and actually do the thing vs lying about it? (Absolutely not saying you are, just saying what it might make me think if I saw an app with a mysterious new experience starting shortly after the closing period.) Bring it up at an interview or something instead once you’ve actually done the thing.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi All!

I asked Minnesota a similar question last year and they said no hours count after the deadline so they don’t even look at them

I would not add an experience you haven’t actively participated in. It’s not going to help your app if you haven’t started the experience anyway because you haven’t done anything, and worst case they may think you’re trying to pad experiences…just looking at your app how would they know if you’d follow through and actually do the thing vs lying about it? (Absolutely not saying you are, just saying what it might make me think if I saw an app with a mysterious new experience starting shortly after the closing period.) Bring it up at an interview or something instead once you’ve actually done the thing.
Thank you so much, that makes a lot of sense! I appreciate the feedback :)

Does anyone know the last day you can update your VMCAS app on the website? I thought it was the 16th but I can't seem to log into my account right now

Does anyone know the last day you can update your VMCAS app on the website? I thought it was the 16th but I can't seem to log into my account right now
VMCAS sent out an email recently that access to the application would be closing Oct 12th so this is probably why you can't log into your account

I know waiting in silence is normal for the process. But, anyone else just a ball of nerves right now?

I know waiting in silence is normal for the process. But, anyone else just a ball of nerves right now?
Yes. It has been so hard to occupy myself and think about other things. I feel like I wake up every day with my heart pounding and I have nightmares about rejection. I know this isn’t healthy, but you are not alone! Lol 🤣

Reactions: 2 users
Very same. I check my email about 100 times a day, I stopped even trying to be less anxious and am just riding it out at this point- it won't last forever!

you are not alone!! it is extra difficult because it is (very understandably) hard for those not going through this process to understand the level of anxiety and pressure this waiting period elicits - so if everyone else in your life is telling you to just chill, you are not alone and we hear ya :)

I noticed a mistake on my application. One of my animal experiences is missing most of its description, so I guess I didn't save it correctly the first time. Should I email the schools I applied to with my corrected description?

I noticed a mistake on my application. One of my animal experiences is missing most of its description, so I guess I didn't save it correctly the first time. Should I email the schools I applied to with my corrected description?
Might as well. Worst that happens is they don’t accept it but that’s no different than where your application is now.

Hi guys! So I wrote a paper with one of the vets I work with that is now getting published (yay!). However, I only included it as submitted for publication on my VMCAS apps since it hadn't been accepted yet. Updates are now closed too. I did list it under both research experience and achievements as I felt it was warranted, but I would like to update the schools and tell them that it was accepted and send the link to the article when it's live. Should I just email them? Does it even matter?? Thanks!

Hi guys! So I wrote a paper with one of the vets I work with that is now getting published (yay!). However, I only included it as submitted for publication on my VMCAS apps since it hadn't been accepted yet. Updates are now closed too. I did list it under both research experience and achievements as I felt it was warranted, but I would like to update the schools and tell them that it was accepted and send the link to the article when it's live. Should I just email them? Does it even matter?? Thanks!
You would have to ask the schools if they accept updates. If they do, then awesome; if not, then it is what it is.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm super anxious because I applied last cycle, didn't get in, but I applied this cycle. The reason I'm nervous is because schools told me to retake some classes during my gap year to boost my GPA, but I did not do that. It is just so expensive to retake classes fresh out of graduating college when most classes are a minimum of $500. I also started a new job as a vet assistant that to no surprise does not pay well so it was not feasible for me to follow their advice and retake every class they wanted me to take. It just sucks because I gained more experience since last application and my undergrad GPA did go up a bit, but all they care about is grades grades grades and I feel like no matter what I do it is not good enough. If I don't get in this cycle do I bite the financial bullet and retake classes?

I'm super anxious because I applied last cycle, didn't get in, but I applied this cycle. The reason I'm nervous is because schools told me to retake some classes during my gap year to boost my GPA, but I did not do that. It is just so expensive to retake classes fresh out of graduating college when most classes are a minimum of $500. I also started a new job as a vet assistant that to no surprise does not pay well so it was not feasible for me to follow their advice and retake every class they wanted me to take. It just sucks because I gained more experience since last application and my undergrad GPA did go up a bit, but all they care about is grades grades grades and I feel like no matter what I do it is not good enough. If I don't get in this cycle do I bite the financial bullet and retake classes?

They do not only go off of GPA.. It definitely helps to give you a boost but I have a pretty good GPA and this is my third application cycle unfortunately. Some things just take time! Continuing to get more experiences helps along with getting file reviews!

Hi all, I did a Fear Free certification through my employer where I work as a VA (the course was discounted). For the next application cycle, where would I enter that? Extracurriculars? I tried searching but i didn't find any results specific to certifications/courses. TIA!

Hi,

This is my first time using this website so I'm not really sure how it works. Does anyone have a complied list of when schools send out invites for interviews/acceptance/rejections (for schools who do not interview)? It's very difficult to interpret on some school's websites, so just wondering if anyone has any more information on it.

Hi,

This is my first time using this website so I'm not really sure how it works. Does anyone have a complied list of when schools send out invites for interviews/acceptance/rejections (for schools who do not interview)? It's very difficult to interpret on some school's websites, so just wondering if anyone has any more information on it.
Most schools are pretty vague on purpose. They don't give specific dates because at some point, there will be an issue where invites or updates aren't sent on time and 1000-2000 applicants freak out and start sending panicked emails. Can't be late if there's no timeline.

You would want to check the threads from the last few years for the schools you've applied to.

Anyone know how schools calculate pre-req GPA when there are AP courses involved from high school? On my transcript they don't seem to factor into my GPA or anything so I'm wondering how they go about calculating that.

Anyone know how schools calculate pre-req GPA when there are AP courses involved from high school? On my transcript they don't seem to factor into my GPA or anything so I'm wondering how they go about calculating that.
Most schools do no factor AP classes into their GPA because you took them in high school and generally don't have a grade on your college transcripts. My AP classes were essentially just "passes" that counted for my freshman year

Today I was looking back at my VMCAS application and noticed that I made a mistake. I have been working at my clinic for more than a year, but in weeks worked, I put only 2 which calculated my total hours to be around 40. Luckily, I have about 700 hours of experience at another clinic, but is this going to hurt my application? Or if I had listed that the experience is current, the reviewers would be able to tell that I have accumulated more hours than what is listed? My letter of recommendation was also from a vet who works at the clinic.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have that info on the schools i applied to so this may or may not be helpful to your situation.

Virginia-Maryland:
2022-2023 Cycle: December 9th Interview Invites, February 17th decisions released
2023-2024 Cycle: December 4th Interview Invite

Ohio:
2022-2023 Cycle: December 21st Interview invites, rolling admissions
2023-2024 Cycle: December 21st Interview Invite

Cornell: No interviews
2022-2023 Cycle: January 3rd decisions sent out
2023-2024 Cycle: ?

Minnesota: Does MMI interviews
2022-2023 Cycle: January 4th interview invites sent, february decisions released

Colorado: No interviews
2022-2023 Cycle: January 9th decisions
2023-2024 Cycle:?

SDSU: Does MMI interviews
2022-2023 Cycle: January 18th Interview Invite, February 15th decisions sent

UPenn: Does rolling interview invites
2022-2023 Cycle: February 17th decisions sent

Iowa: No interviews
2022-2023 Cycle: February 22nd decisions sent out

Other schools, such as NCSU, WSU, and OSU, have already sent out their decisions.

Edit: Keep in mind most of these dates were from last year so they may vary. So far, the majority of the schools have sent out decisions a day or two earlier than the previous year.

Today I was looking back at my VMCAS application and noticed that I made a mistake. I have been working at my clinic for more than a year, but in weeks worked, I put only 2 which calculated my total hours to be around 40. Luckily, I have about 700 hours of experience at another clinic, but is this going to hurt my application? Or if I had listed that the experience is current, the reviewers would be able to tell that I have accumulated more hours than what is listed? My letter of recommendation was also from a vet who works at the clinic.
Contact the schools and see if they can put a note on your file. Certain schools can, like Minnesota and Iowa, but other schools have a strict no updating policy like Colorado

This might be kind of stupid but I just realized I self-reported the wrong primary school GPA in my VMCAS app (wrote my college GPA instead which was a few 0.1 lower). This shouldn't affect my chances as much right? It was just my high school GPA...lol I think I'm just picking myself apart out of worry. I don't see it as big enough a mistake to try to correct.

This might be kind of stupid but I just realized I self-reported the wrong primary school GPA in my VMCAS app (wrote my college GPA instead which was a few 0.1 lower). This shouldn't affect my chances as much right? It was just my high school GPA...lol I think I'm just picking myself apart out of worry. I don't see it as big enough a mistake to try to correct.
Take this with a grain of salt as I'm not on any admissions committees, but .1 is not going to make or break anything. Schools have your official transcripts. And it sounds like you reported a lower GPA by accident? I wouldn't worry.

This is a class of 2029 question (VMCAS hasn't opened yet but I'm trying to be prepared). If I have an experience but no longer have the supervisor's contact information, what do I do?

In particular, I am referring to a 3-4 year equine volunteering experience, probably a good 3000+ hours (extremely rough estimate, but either way it's definitely a lot). However, this was quite a few years ago and the farm owner has since sold the farm and retired and I no longer have her phone number. I can try to keep looking around or hunt down old volunteers that might have it but what do I do if I don't have contact information?

This is a class of 2029 question (VMCAS hasn't opened yet but I'm trying to be prepared). If I have an experience but no longer have the supervisor's contact information, what do I do?

In particular, I am referring to a 3-4 year equine volunteering experience, probably a good 3000+ hours (extremely rough estimate, but either way it's definitely a lot). However, this was quite a few years ago and the farm owner has since sold the farm and retired and I no longer have her phone number. I can try to keep looking around or hunt down old volunteers that might have it but what do I do if I don't have contact information?
Don't stress. The dates will make it obvious that the supervisor is likely gone from the facility. If you have space, you can explain it. But don't waste the space doing so

hi all! this is such a broad question (and i know very personal) but what are the main ways that you folks are choosing between programs? i have been very fortunate this cycle and have had multiple offers so far, but i am becoming so anxious about choosing the "right" school. i'm really worried that i will make the "wrong" decision, and it's compounded by how long it has taken me to get here and the cost itself. right now i'm thinking to go to schools purely based off of location, COA, reputation/ranking i guess? i feel that if a school is accredited then i am not too worried about vetting the program specifics. would you say that it is shortsighted? how deeply are you all looking into actual program curriculum and how are you weighing that in your decision? my IS school and alma mater (UF) is definitely not a bad choice, and i am hoping to hear good things from in the next week or so but i also feel that its hasty to ignore my other options due to ease. i'm definitely overthinking things, but just wanted to hear other people's perspective on making such a life-changing decision!

hi all! this is such a broad question (and i know very personal) but what are the main ways that you folks are choosing between programs? i have been very fortunate this cycle and have had multiple offers so far, but i am becoming so anxious about choosing the "right" school. i'm really worried that i will make the "wrong" decision, and it's compounded by how long it has taken me to get here and the cost itself. right now i'm thinking to go to schools purely based off of location, COA, reputation/ranking i guess? i feel that if a school is accredited then i am not too worried about vetting the program specifics. would you say that it is shortsighted? how deeply are you all looking into actual program curriculum and how are you weighing that in your decision? my IS school and alma mater (UF) is definitely not a bad choice, and i am hoping to hear good things from in the next week or so but i also feel that its hasty to ignore my other options due to ease. i'm definitely overthinking things, but just wanted to hear other people's perspective on making such a life-changing decision!
vet school ranking is baloney.

For me it boils down to COA and location. having a curriculum style that meshes with your preferences is also a bonus but for me isn’t a requirement since I would still rather go to a cheaper school regardless.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users