VMCVM Class of 2027 Hopefuls

Started by cecetot
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I toured there the student I walked around with said she helps with admissions. She obviously couldn’t say much, but told me that when discussing interview format they were leaning toward more scenario based questions for this year.
it’s an MMI format so those are all scenario based questions 🙂 they will be ethical/scenario questions focused on certain skills that the college is looking for in there applicants
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone who got an invite!
OOS rejection. This was my top choice and third time applying. I even had an incredible review last cycle. She said my application was perfect and just to keep applying. I’m devastated. This was the last time for me. I can’t keep doing this to myself.I’ve spent three years and thousands of dollars applying, repeating courses, developing my app and so on. It’s a numbers game and it’s sickening that we all have to play it. Or maybe it plays us? This was my third rejection this cycle. Four left.
I understand your pain. Rejection is hard to bare. BUT if you cannot see yourself doing anything else- then apply again. This is a part of your testimony. When you become a veterinarian you can share your experience with aspiring students.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm trying to register for Kira. Can anyone tell me where to find the confidentiality agreement that we need to upload in the supplemental materials section?
 
I'm trying to register for Kira. Can anyone tell me where to find the confidentiality agreement that we need to upload in the supplemental materials section?
There's a link in the email that has the Kira account information
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just finished my interview! If you haven't taken it yet, I highly recommend doing the practice questions a day or two in advance of the actual interview and then again right before you take it. Overall a pretty easy process and I appreciated the thought behind most of the questions. I ended up not using the full time for most of my responses and I think that was ok.

Thanks to @MayaFaye for their advice and best wishes to all who have yet to take the assessment!
 
For those who got interview invites or acceptances, would you mind sharing your gpa?
IS, non-traditional student -- 4.0 GPA throughout previous undergrad and grad school experiences, 4.0 on my prereqs.

From what I've been learning on this forum and past forums, though, VMCVM seems to value your experiences and essays as a complete picture over just your academic performance. 🙂
 
Hi everyone! I was able to do 2 practice questions. I don't see any beyond the (mandatory) 2 questions, but they said there were 10 practice questions total. Any insight on how to access the other practice questions? After I completed the first two, it takes me back to the home page or repeats the same two questions. Help!
 
Hi everyone! I was able to do 2 practice questions. I don't see any beyond the (mandatory) 2 questions, but they said there were 10 practice questions total. Any insight on how to access the other practice questions? After I completed the first two, it takes me back to the home page or repeats the same two questions. Help!
I had similar issues, I kept doing the practice and eventually there was like 2-3 other questions I got. But definitely not 10 different questions for me too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad