VMCVM Class of 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When I toured there the student I walked around with said she helps with admissions. She obviously couldn’t say much, but told me that when discussing interview format they were leaning toward more scenario based questions for this year.
it’s an MMI format so those are all scenario based questions :) they will be ethical/scenario questions focused on certain skills that the college is looking for in there applicants

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS interview too! Does anyone know how long after interviews they send acceptance/rejection notice?
it was a long haul last year 😅 we heard back on february 28th! about 2 months

Reactions: 1 user
I saw a post on instagram that interview emails all went out and I didn't get an email at all... did this happen to anyone else???

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who got an invite!
OOS rejection. This was my top choice and third time applying. I even had an incredible review last cycle. She said my application was perfect and just to keep applying. I’m devastated. This was the last time for me. I can’t keep doing this to myself.I’ve spent three years and thousands of dollars applying, repeating courses, developing my app and so on. It’s a numbers game and it’s sickening that we all have to play it. Or maybe it plays us? This was my third rejection this cycle. Four left.
I understand your pain. Rejection is hard to bare. BUT if you cannot see yourself doing anything else- then apply again. This is a part of your testimony. When you become a veterinarian you can share your experience with aspiring students.

Interview invite for the DVM and the PhD/DVM.
Same, I just didn't know there is a separate interview for the dual degree program. Now my anxiety is doubled -_- Congrats and good luck to you.

please lmk if anyone else didn't hear back ANYTHING at all like no email, nothing in spam, etc. I am so stressed out:cryi:

Same, I just didn't know there is a separate interview for the dual degree program. Now my anxiety is doubled -_- Congrats and good luck to you.
Yeah there is one for each, I had it last year for both, it isn't so bad.

Does anyone know if the zoom’s from yesterday were recorded?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! 3rd time IS applicant and got an IS interview, but sadly declined as I accepted another offer from another school and starting in January. Idk if this opens up a spot for an interview but I hope it does. Good luck everyone!

Hi! 3rd time IS applicant and got an IS interview, but sadly declined as I accepted another offer from another school and starting in January. Idk if this opens up a spot for an interview but I hope it does. Good luck everyone!
Good wishes to you on your journey!!

Just did my interview!!! I think one of the scenarios I babbled too much, but other than that I think I did good. Now waiting until mid to end of February

Reactions: 5 users
Just did my interview!!! I think one of the scenarios I babbled too much, but other than that I think I did good. Now waiting until mid to end of February
Any advice for preparation?

I know is redundant but really just be yourself. Slow yourself down, and get your point across and be ready to say why you choose xyz.
Did it feel like the CASPER??

are the practice questions a good indication of what types of questions to expect in the real interview?

Took my interview today, glad its done with! Now the long days lie ahead of waiting until February lol

I'm trying to register for Kira. Can anyone tell me where to find the confidentiality agreement that we need to upload in the supplemental materials section?

I'm trying to register for Kira. Can anyone tell me where to find the confidentiality agreement that we need to upload in the supplemental materials section?
There's a link in the email that has the Kira account information

How many practice questions should there be? I only see 2 and they’re super short.

Anyone know how many off the 470 interviews are OOS for the 40 seats?

Anyone know how many off the 470 interviews are OOS for the 40 seats?
There are 132 Virginia for 50 seats, 84 Maryland for 30 seats, 23 West Virginia for 6 seats, and 232 OOS for 40 seats

Reactions: 3 users
For those who got interview invites or acceptances, would you mind sharing your gpa?

For those who got interview invites or acceptances, would you mind sharing your gpa?
I’m OOS. My overall was 3.86. Can’t remember exactly what prereq or science was but I know it was around the same

Just finished my interview! If you haven't taken it yet, I highly recommend doing the practice questions a day or two in advance of the actual interview and then again right before you take it. Overall a pretty easy process and I appreciated the thought behind most of the questions. I ended up not using the full time for most of my responses and I think that was ok.

Thanks to @MayaFaye for their advice and best wishes to all who have yet to take the assessment!

Reactions: 2 users
IS, non-traditional student -- 4.0 GPA throughout previous undergrad and grad school experiences, 4.0 on my prereqs.

From what I've been learning on this forum and past forums, though, VMCVM seems to value your experiences and essays as a complete picture over just your academic performance. :)

Hi everyone! I was able to do 2 practice questions. I don't see any beyond the (mandatory) 2 questions, but they said there were 10 practice questions total. Any insight on how to access the other practice questions? After I completed the first two, it takes me back to the home page or repeats the same two questions. Help!

Hi everyone! I was able to do 2 practice questions. I don't see any beyond the (mandatory) 2 questions, but they said there were 10 practice questions total. Any insight on how to access the other practice questions? After I completed the first two, it takes me back to the home page or repeats the same two questions. Help!
I had similar issues, I kept doing the practice and eventually there was like 2-3 other questions I got. But definitely not 10 different questions for me too.

Does anyone know once you make it to the interview how much of the final decision is based on the interview?

Does anyone know once you make it to the interview how much of the final decision is based on the interview?
From my knowledge, admission offers are extended based solely on the interview.. I could be wrong though.

first year here, admission is based solely on the interview :) Nothing else matters once you receive an interview

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone introduce themselves at the beginning of each question? I didn’t and now I’m overthinking it..

Did anyone introduce themselves at the beginning of each question? I didn’t and now I’m overthinking it..
I didn’t considering it’s timed and I wanted to use all the time to clearly answer the questions