This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flamingo123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I count clinical volunteer hours that was not through a hospital or hospice?
For example, if I volunteer for a sick special needs boy in his home and give him meds and feed him, can that count as patient care? (I am not related to the boy personally nor do I know him personally. I was asked by a friend to volunteer who had previously done it).

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, absolutely. And if I'm wrong, the system is broke.

This is a great experience and will look pretty unique I would think.

Can I count clinical volunteer hours that was not through a hospital or hospice?
For example, if I volunteer for a sick special needs boy in his home and give him meds and feed him, can that count as patient care? (I am not related to the boy personally nor do I know him personally. I was asked by a friend to volunteer who had previously done it).
Yes, you can list it, but you're going to need an objective witness as a Contact to legitimize the experience. Is there a nurse, on site medical aide, or physician that can verify your timeframe and total hours? The child's parent is a last choice.