Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
Just wondering how I should list 3+ years of research (mostly volunteer) on my app. For reference, I do most of my research for free/volunteer, but during the semesters at my college I get paid a small stipend for lab supplies and an even smaller stipend for personal use. Summers and previous work (before I got accepted into the stipend program) were totally volunteer (400+ hours).
Now, can I list them separately in the research and volunteering sections? Or can I just list my publications in the appropriate section and then include my research as a volunteer experience, plus maybe including the selective program in the honors/awards type section too? Apologies, haven't looked at the AMCAS sections in a while, so I'm not totally well-versed. Just trying to avoid having too few volunteer hours when I apply next year.
Thanks!
Just wondering how I should list 3+ years of research (mostly volunteer) on my app. For reference, I do most of my research for free/volunteer, but during the semesters at my college I get paid a small stipend for lab supplies and an even smaller stipend for personal use. Summers and previous work (before I got accepted into the stipend program) were totally volunteer (400+ hours).
Now, can I list them separately in the research and volunteering sections? Or can I just list my publications in the appropriate section and then include my research as a volunteer experience, plus maybe including the selective program in the honors/awards type section too? Apologies, haven't looked at the AMCAS sections in a while, so I'm not totally well-versed. Just trying to avoid having too few volunteer hours when I apply next year.
Thanks!