W or C in a non-major course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mcdreaming

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I'm taking a 3 credit course in computer engineering and I am a biochemistry major. In the beginning of the semester, I thought I could handle it but it has become increasingly difficult and I haven't been able to keep up with it. I'm currently a second year and my GPA is 3.87 and science GPA is 3.75. Do you guys think I should drop or keep the C?

Thank you for your help
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree about taking the C - I have a C in physics II and gen chem II, and had 5 interviews. A W would look more like you tucked tail and ran to my eye.
 
I am biased, but you should take the W and still check out the class. Basic computer science and engineering is important for scientific research. You can make simple programs just with intro level knowledge.