This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1123grrf!

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've done a couple interviews now and have a couple more to go. I have been wait listed for some midwest schools, so I figured I'd make a post out there to see that I'm not alone and get more information about the programs! I was recently wait listed at Mizzou and I'm still waiting to hear from Missouri state. Anyone else waitlisted, accepted, or declined?

Members don't see this ad.

Currently on the waitlist to interview at Toledo.

I am currently on the waitlist to interview at Toledo as well. However, they informed me that they interview 130 applicants, and there are 120 on the waitlist, and that I was in the top 20% of the waitlist. This means that I am in the top 24/120 on the waitlist. So do you think there is a good chance/likelihood of 20-30 applicants declining the interview and me getting selected for an interview? I figure that not all 130 applicants will even accept the interview offer due to a number of reasons. I also am assuming that there are a few people above me on the waitlist that won't be able to make it either (due to travel accommodations, distance, accepting other offers). Who knows. I am just sort of getting my hopes up I guess, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently on the waitlist to interview at Toledo as well. However, they informed me that they interview 130 applicants, and there are 120 on the waitlist, and that I was in the top 20% of the waitlist. This means that I am in the top 24/120 on the waitlist. So do you think there is a good chance/likelihood of 20-30 applicants declining the interview and me getting selected for an interview? I figure that not all 130 applicants will even accept the interview offer due to a number of reasons. I also am assuming that there are a few people above me on the waitlist that won't be able to make it either (due to travel accommodations, distance, accepting other offers). Who knows. I am just sort of getting my hopes up I guess, lol.
I am in the same position with a different school. I am around number 15, but I don't know how likely candidates are to drop out. I def have my hopes up as well! Some schools will make it public how many offers they gave the previous year if that helps you out at all. Are you sending or emailing them anything to show you are still interested or are you just waiting? I couldn't decided if it would annoy them or show initiative lol

I also interviewed at Mizzou and was accepted. After my interview, I was told a little more about the waitlist. They said the lowest amount they've ever had to pull off the waitlist was 5 students and there was one year where they exhausted the entire list. Since the year that they used up the whole list, they have made it longer. However, it sounds like they aren't sure what will happen this year as they usually conduct their interviews in January/February. I was told that if you are waitlisted you are welcome to email them and ask what number they've currently reached on the waitlist so you can get an idea of if you might get an offer soon. They seem very open about the process so I probably wouldn't be afraid to reach out to them! Good luck with the rest of the process!

Reactions: 1 user

Did they tell you where on the waitlist you are when they told you you’re on the waitlist or did you ask? I have no clue where I am on the waitlist lol

Did they tell you where on the waitlist you are when they told you you’re on the waitlist or did you ask? I have no clue where I am on the waitlist lol
I asked them!

I also interviewed at Mizzou and was accepted. After my interview, I was told a little more about the waitlist. They said the lowest amount they've ever had to pull off the waitlist was 5 students and there was one year where they exhausted the entire list. Since the year that they used up the whole list, they have made it longer. However, it sounds like they aren't sure what will happen this year as they usually conduct their interviews in January/February. I was told that if you are waitlisted you are welcome to email them and ask what number they've currently reached on the waitlist so you can get an idea of if you might get an offer soon. They seem very open about the process so I probably wouldn't be afraid to reach out to them! Good luck with the rest of the process!
CONGRATS!! Thank you so much for the information! I am around number 10 so I feel like I will be cutting it close to whether I will get accepted or not :S I know they also did not use the PTCAS website this year, so I hope that doesn't make a difference as well. They told me applicants had till 11/26 to accept their positions, so I will probably call after that date and see if my number has changed at all. Is Mizzou your number one school or are you interviewing other places as well?

CONGRATS!! Thank you so much for the information! I am around number 10 so I feel like I will be cutting it close to whether I will get accepted or not :S I know they also did not use the PTCAS website this year, so I hope that doesn't make a difference as well. They told me applicants had till 11/26 to accept their positions, so I will probably call after that date and see if my number has changed at all. Is Mizzou your number one school or are you interviewing other places as well?
Thank you!! I have other schools that I'm still considering but since Mizzou is in-state for me it's pretty likely that I'll end up there. Maybe I'll see ya in June :)

Thank you!! I have other schools that I'm still considering but since Mizzou is in-state for me it's pretty likely that I'll end up there. Maybe I'll see ya in June :)
Yeah it's hard to beat that instate tuition for sure! Well congrats and thanks for the info, hopefully i'll be seeing you in June! :)

Got my acceptance as well. Hopefully I'll see you all for anatomy during the summer!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I was waitlisted around the mid 20’s at Mizzou, but I felt fortunate to make the interview cut off so I guess I cannot be too upset. I’m waiting to hear back from Missouri State and Rockhurst, has anyone heard anything from either of those schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to Missouri State on December 3rd! I hope you guys end up where you want to be! Good luck!

I just heard back from Missouri State via email. I was put on the alternate list :/. I’m going to email to accept the spot on the alternate list, and when I do, I’ll ask if they will share my rank with me. They told us at the interview that they sometimes go deep into their waitlist, so I still have some hope. Of course I will feel better if I’m at a good rank on the alternate list.

I just heard back from Missouri State via email. I was put on the alternate list :/. I’m going to email to accept the spot on the alternate list, and when I do, I’ll ask if they will share my rank with me. They told us at the interview that they sometimes go deep into their waitlist, so I still have some hope. Of course I will feel better if I’m at a good rank on the alternate list.
Same here

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

I was waitlisted around the mid 20’s at Mizzou, but I felt fortunate to make the interview cut off so I guess I cannot be too upset. I’m waiting to hear back from Missouri State and Rockhurst, has anyone heard anything from either of those schools?
I just heard back from Missouri state yesterday letting me know I was on the alternate list, and just so you know at Mizzou they called number 5 off the waitlist the end of November. I was placed on the waitlist as well, but I was pretty excited about it too since its a good school. She said she expects more to drop out since they did interviews earlier this year and they do not make you put down a deposit so more students accept at first. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Did you get a response from Missouri State confirming you accepted your alternate status? Also do you know how many alternates they have? I basically asked all the same questions but haven't gotten a response.

Did you get a response from Missouri State confirming you accepted your alternate status? Also do you know how many alternates they have? I basically asked all the same questions but haven't gotten a response.

No response from them so far. I may be wrong, but I assumed they may give us our ranks after they know who will accept their spots on the waitlist. I would feel a lot better knowing that they received my acceptance to the waitlist though. I emailed Dr. Wallentine because that was the email listed, so I hope that was the right one! I’ll let you know if I hear anything else!

I just heard back from Missouri state yesterday letting me know I was on the alternate list, and just so you know at Mizzou they called number 5 off the waitlist the end of November. I was placed on the waitlist as well, but I was pretty excited about it too since its a good school. She said she expects more to drop out since they did interviews earlier this year and they do not make you put down a deposit so more students accept at first. :)
Thank you for the update! I figure they’ll go deeper in the waitlist than previous years, but you never know if it’ll be 5 or 30. I’m not counting on there being enough movement for me to be accepted at Mizzou, but I’ll have a better idea come March, I’m sure.

No response from them so far. I may be wrong, but I assumed they may give us our ranks after they know who will accept their spots on the waitlist. I would feel a lot better knowing that they received my acceptance to the waitlist though. I emailed Dr. Wallentine because that was the email listed, so I hope that was the right one! I’ll let you know if I hear anything else!
Thanks and I emailed him too. I'll do the same if I hear anything. Good luck.

Thank you for the update! I figure they’ll go deeper in the waitlist than previous years, but you never know if it’ll be 5 or 30. I’m not counting on there being enough movement for me to be accepted at Mizzou, but I’ll have a better idea come March, I’m sure.
You might be surprised about Mizzou, I asked her about the previous three years and she said it fluctuates a lot year to year. She said last year was only around 9 but the last two years were over 20 so I wouldn't count it out.
I really hope Missouri state gives us a number because the not knowing is terrible lol

I received an email from Missouri State stating that they have the alternate list figured and if I wished to know my rank, to email her back and ask. Since I emailed her back at lunch on Friday and haven’t heard back yet, lm going to assume I’ll have to wait until Monday to find out. She also said there would be another email sent out to the first 5 on the waitlist. I didn’t receive another letter so here’s hoping I’m low on the waitlist and not 40+!

I received an email from Missouri State stating that they have the alternate list figured and if I wished to know my rank, to email her back and ask. Since I emailed her back at lunch on Friday and haven’t heard back yet, lm going to assume I’ll have to wait until Monday to find out. She also said there would be another email sent out to the first 5 on the waitlist. I didn’t receive another letter so here’s hoping I’m low on the waitlist and not 40+!
Yeah I received the same email and I have not heard a response back yet. It seems like it would be easier to just email each student on the alternate list their place instead of having every student ask. I am hoping she responds today!

Yeah I received the same email and I have not heard a response back yet. It seems like it would be easier to just email each student on the alternate list their place instead of having every student ask. I am hoping she responds today!
I got a response. I’m in the mid twenties for Missouri State. I know last year they accepted someone who was rank 42 so I’m hopeful. Each year is different so now its just a waiting game. Would you mind letting me know if/when you get accepted to Mizzou so I can get an idea of where they are on their waitlist? I couldn’t find a way to direct message you to ask.

I got a response. I’m in the mid twenties for Missouri State. I know last year they accepted someone who was rank 42 so I’m hopeful. Each year is different so now its just a waiting game. Would you mind letting me know if/when you get accepted to Mizzou so I can get an idea of where they are on their waitlist? I couldn’t find a way to direct message you to ask.
Yeah no problem, I actually called them a couple days ago and they are still on number 6 at Mizzou, but I will def keep you updated with that one. She did say that typically people drop out in the spring and not much happens over the holidays so I am still hopeful. I also got ranked in the mid 20s for Missouri state. That's good to hear they called that many people last year. Honestly I thought Missouri state was the hardest interview out of all of the ones I did.

I definitely thought the Missouri State interview was unique haha. I just asked Missouri State where they were at on the waitlist and it sounds like they have gotten to #18 so far. I’m pretty hopeful after hearing that!

Also, I called Mizzou and they told me the next number to be called would be #15 off the waitlist as of today.

Last edited:
Has anyone here been pulled from the Des Moines University wait list in previous years or know anyone that has? I was told I was in the Top tier of the waitlist so im just curious if there has been movement through it in the past to give me a better idea of my chances of being pulled! :)