Waitlist Blues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCATISEZ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it is early. Just here to vent and hear any advice. I have been fortunate enough to have been extended 6 MD interview invitations and an offer from one DO school. I have attended four interviews MD interviews of my six.

So far I've heard from two schools with a waitlist, including my top choice. Of those, I felt my interview went fairly well at one and the other I did not feel great about at all (just did not jibe with my faculty interviewer).

The other two interviews I attended (including an MMI) felt like they went well (one felt awesome!), and I am still waiting hear back post-interview.

I am just disappointed to hear about two waitlists in a row (although I rather expected one to be a waitlist or rejection) and fear that I may be doing something wrong. I still have to hear from my two other schools post-interview, and I have two more to attend. I am and will continue to keep my schools updated. Is it too soon to freak out? Is this normal? I have prepared for my interviews and for the most part, I feel prepared. Waiting is hard :(

Thanks SDN! Love you guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I was told this when I was applying so I'll relay...patience is a virtue. This whole road is the epitome of delayed gratification so you just gotta grit your teeth and bear it for a bit longer. Best of luck

Perhaps it is early. Just here to vent and hear any advice. I have been fortunate enough to have been extended 6 MD interview invitations and an offer from one DO school. I have attended four interviews MD interviews of my six.

So far I've heard from two schools with a waitlist, including my top choice. Of those, I felt my interview went fairly well at one and the other I did not feel great about at all (just did not jibe with my faculty interviewer).

The other two interviews I attended (including an MMI) felt like they went well (one felt awesome!), and I am still waiting hear back post-interview.

I am just disappointed to hear about two waitlists in a row (although I rather expected one to be a waitlist or rejection) and fear that I may be doing something wrong. I still have to hear from my two other schools post-interview, and I have two more to attend. I am and will continue to keep my schools updated. Is it too soon to freak out? Is this normal? I have prepared for my interviews and for the most part, I feel prepared. Waiting is hard :(

Thanks SDN! Love you guys.

Just a heads up...you will receive no sympathy with 6 II's and an acceptance. My guess is that you'll receive at least 1 more MD acceptance between 6 II's. You are going to be a Dr, you can stop being neurotic now.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not abnormal to be bummed about a disappointment or two OP but ultimately you're in a good position and frankly are going to deal with a ton of more serious dissapointments and setbacks in your career going forward.

Reactions: 1 users
I know the feel. I had 3 rejections and 1 post-II hold this week. Let’s just hope for the best as the season moves forward.

My username is completely sarcastic, it’s a hard test and my username makes me feel better about it :p

Thanks for the help from everyone tho! I went several months with nothing this cycle and understand how gruesome this is for most of us. Good luck to you guys :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user