This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I realize that I'm actually not a patience person from the day i sent in my applications for vet schools! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I realize that I'm actually not a patience person from the day i sent in my applications for vet schools! :laugh:
Same!! I think I'll have no hair left by the time May comes by. It's taking everything in me to not call admissions office every day!

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody know the chances of getting off Mizzou's waitlist?! currently ranked number 2!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same!! I think I'll have no hair left by the time May comes by. It's taking everything in me to not call admissions office every day!
SO TRUE!! I just wanna get the call! I'm like sooo unfocused this semester.

Anybody know the chances of getting off Mizzou's waitlist?! currently ranked number 2!
Wait they tell you the rank? I thought that they do not disclose that. I will have to give them a call tmr. I'm placed as alternate and i'm OOS

Wait they tell you the rank? I thought that they do not disclose that. I will have to give them a call tmr. I'm placed as alternate and i'm OOS

Yes they did, maybe they did not finalize waitlist rank until they interviewed OOS and IS? I could be wrong though!

Hi everyone! This year I only applied to CSU and got on their OOS waitlist... it's killing me though waiting! Though they do not disclose their ranking information, does anyone know approximately how long their waitlists are? Freaking out...

I don't know anything about the CSU waitlists, but I can tell you that sometimes when I'm stressed about the waitlists I go and search the SDN forums for threads from previous years. Like, for example, you can search "Colorado State c/o 2022" and look to see when people started getting off the waitlist and how many IS/OOS. Sometimes when I really spiral, I go back to like... c/o 2010 or whatever. The numbers won't be the same and they've probably changed things up by now, but sometimes it's oddly comforting to see? Anyway, best of luck to you!!!

I don't know anything about the CSU waitlists, but I can tell you that sometimes when I'm stressed about the waitlists I go and search the SDN forums for threads from previous years. Like, for example, you can search "Colorado State c/o 2022" and look to see when people started getting off the waitlist and how many IS/OOS. Sometimes when I really spiral, I go back to like... c/o 2010 or whatever. The numbers won't be the same and they've probably changed things up by now, but sometimes it's oddly comforting to see? Anyway, best of luck to you!!!
This helps! I would also recommend just focusing on any changes you want to make in case you have to reapply. That way you distract yourself a little from the waiting.

Hi, does anyone ever face push-back from their parents from remaining on the waitlist? Anyone a graduating college senior with a similar issue?

Hi, does anyone ever face push-back from their parents from remaining on the waitlist? Anyone a graduating college senior with a similar issue?

I didn't get push back per se, nor was it from my parents. It was more the people I know not understanding why I wasn't accepted and what I needed to do to keep moving forward. My grandpa kept insisting on calling our local senator to talk to them about getting me into my in state, and I had to explain that it's not a thing.

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get push back per se, nor was it from my parents. It was more the people I know not understanding why I wasn't accepted and what I needed to do to keep moving forward. My grandpa kept insisting on calling our local senator to talk to them about getting me into my in state, and I had to explain that it's not a thing.
Not related, but I get the explaining how things work :p my mom doesn’t want me to go OOS, and keeps asking if there is any way I can do vet school online there so I can stay here. Lol.

Reactions: 9 users

Ahh I bet that would have been stressful to deal with too.

My parents are talking about using what’s left of my college fund (~100k) and otherwise financially disowning me if I choose to remain on the waitlist and/or get a job instead of doing a grad school option which has the same April 15th deadline.

My parents are talking about using what’s left of my college fund (~100k) and otherwise financially disowning me if I choose to remain on the waitlist and/or get a job instead of doing a grad school option which has the same April 15th deadline.

Do they own the fund? When my great-grandpa died, they set up funds for what remained of his money and it could only be used by us for education or health emergencies.

Do they own the fund? When my great-grandpa died, they set up funds for what remained of his money and it could only be used by us for education or health emergencies.

They do, they're the ones who built it up. I just got lucky with going to college with a scholarship.

I don't really get push-back necessarily, but my SO is not overly optimistic that I will get called off of any of the waitlists. We are getting married this summer, and he is more worried about making plans in case I do not get pulled off, including finding an apartment. This really stresses me out because I would hate signing a lease for a year, and then I do get called off a waitlist.

How long is it reasonable to remain on a waitlist while accepted to another school? Tufts is my first choice, but April 15th is fast approaching and I have a seat at Penn. At some point I need to buy plane tickets, sign a lease, etc... I’m not going to be in a position to wait until the first week of class.

How long is it reasonable to remain on a waitlist while accepted to another school? Tufts is my first choice, but April 15th is fast approaching and I have a seat at Penn. At some point I need to buy plane tickets, sign a lease, etc... I’m not going to be in a position to wait until the first week of class.

I feel like that all depends on personal preference. For me, I decided that I would be willing to wait on waitlists through the end of May/beginning of June because I have an SO who needs to apply for jobs. Think about how much time you need personally to prepare to move and purchase everything you need and probably make that your cutoff. I think that most people who are willing take a position during the first week of school generally didn't get into other schools. If it helps, you can go into the Tufts forum from previous years and look at their pattern of waitlist movement. I.e. if they only called two people off after May last year and three the year before is it truly wise to spend that time waiting on Tufts?

Good luck!

How long does it take for schools to start contacting the waitlist people after April 15th? Since Wisconsin’s waitlist is ranked, will it just be immediate automated calls/emails sent out going down the list of alternates?

Last edited:
How long does it take for schools to start contacting the waitlist people after April 15th? Since Wisconsin’s waitlist is ranked, will it just be immediate automated calls/emails sent out going down the list of alternates?
Depends on the school. Check previous years applicants threads and the previous waitlist threads to see when they started getting calls. Some places will let you know the next day, some places it’s at least a week.

Depends on the school. Check previous years applicants threads and the previous waitlist threads to see when they started getting calls. Some places will let you know the next day, some places it’s at least a week.
This. Going through the past few years of threads, it seems like Wisconsin usually begins giving offers to waitlisters about a week after the deadline. So somewhere probably around April 22nd.

Update: I was waitlisted at all 5 of the schools I applied to this cycle, but I was pulled from my IS waitlist yesterday and I am so excited! Hang tight everyone the waitlists are starting to move! I wish everyone the best of luck :)

Reactions: 18 users
Update: I was waitlisted at all 5 of the schools I applied to this cycle, but I was pulled from my IS waitlist yesterday and I am so excited! Hang tight everyone the waitlists are starting to move! I wish everyone the best of luck :)

That's the best news ever!!! Pulled off EARLY from a waitlist at your IS!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations!!! So happy to hear these news! What school was your IS?

This is like the best think ever! I'm soo happy for u and it just makes me soo happy that there is always that hope at the end of the road to vet school!! Congrats fam!!

Okay guys a very dumb question but just to confirm does the first sem of vet school start in June right or is it July?

Okay guys a very dumb question but just to confirm does the first sem of vet school start in June right or is it July?

This depends on the vet school. Like, Mississippi starts in June (I'm pretty sure), but Western starts in August. Which school are you asking about?

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys! Does anyone know the likelihood of being pulled off of Ohios waitlist? I am #1 and have been checking my email every 5 minutes hoping for some good news! Also congrats to everyone who got pulled off the waitlist and to all my patient people still waiting, keep hanging on your time will come!!

Hi guys! Does anyone know the likelihood of being pulled off of Ohios waitlist? I am #1 and have been checking my email every 5 minutes hoping for some good news! Also congrats to everyone who got pulled off the waitlist and to all my patient people still waiting, keep hanging on your time will come!!
Keep in mind, some schools will not start calling until AFTER the acceptance deadline. I don’t know how osu does it, but they may be one that won’t notify you until after. It’s so close to the deadline, so hopefully you’ll get some good news in the next few weeks.

You have very good chances, especially if you're OOS!! But usually schools don't contact until after April 15! So in the meantime all of us waitlisted remain anxious and freaking out!

Last edited:
I am currently waitlisted for OOS WSU (unranked) and #77 OOS for UMN (Minnesota), which are my top two picks. I got accepted into Illinois but am waiting in hopes of hearing back from WSU or UMN. I will send Illinois the official acceptance once April comes.

Anyone know how the UMN waitlist is going?
I just want to point out that I think UMN doesn't pull people off the waitlist until after the April deadline. I was waitlisted last year so I went ahead and accepted my offer from another school, and when I was pulled off UMN's waitlist after the April deadline I accepted and declined my spot at the other school. I just don't want you to decline a school you got into and not get pulled off. I'm not sure if Illinois has a deposit, but IMO it'd be better to pay it and secure a spot even if you end up forfeiting the deposit, than ending up not getting in.

Currently #6 at University of Minnesota waitlist and #29 at Michigan States waitlist. Should I still consider both of these schools as feasible options for entry?

I’m also on VMCVM and Westerns waitlist.

I’ve been accepted to Iowa State and Midwestern.
It depends on if you're OOS or IS as typically the OOS waitlists move more. I was number 17 of UMN's OOS waitlist last year and got in, and I'm pretty sure more people further down got pulled as well, but I'm not sure to what exact number.

It depends on if you're OOS or IS as typically the OOS waitlists move more. I was number 17 of UMN's OOS waitlist last year and got in, and I'm pretty sure more people further down got pulled as well, but I'm not sure to what exact number.
I’m oos!

I’m oos!
Then I would say you have a really good chance at getting in! Good luck deciding which school to attend (regardless of if you get pulled off or not), it can be a very difficult decision!

Does anyone know how many places Iowa goes down their waitlist historically? Trying to gauge my chances...

This depends on the vet school. Like, Mississippi starts in June (I'm pretty sure), but Western starts in August. Which school are you asking about?
Hey thanks! Yes, I was concerned about MSU. Thanks that answered my question.

Currently on Michigan State’s OOS Waitlist #48 (started at #62). How should I feel about this?? Obviously I’m preparing to reapply but is there hope for me?

Currently on Michigan State’s OOS Waitlist #48 (started at #62). How should I feel about this?? Obviously I’m preparing to reapply but is there hope for me?

I think there's some hope. Someone on here was #81 last year and made it to #1. They didn't end up gaining admission, but that does show that the waitlist moved a bit. Not sure how it's been in previous years.

edited waitlist number to reflect the correct number

Last edited:
I think there's some hope. Someone on here was #84 last year and made it to #1. They didn't end up gaining admission, but that does show that the waitlist moved a bit. Not sure how it's been in previous years.
makes me feel a lil better! this is the only school that I didn't get flat out rejected from so crossing my fingers!

Just sent a whoooole lotta emails for file reviews to gear up for next round :( Got me feelin a type of way. Western won't start calling alternates until the beginning of May, so this month is dragging a lot more than usual. Especially with everyone and their mother asking me what my plans are after graduation! Anyway, how is everyone else doing?

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, I'd be optimistic. I was the one that started #81 (just double checked) last year and finished #1 as an OOS applicant. Also, last year they over accepted as well.

This year if I'm remembering correctly, they didn't over accept at all, so that will hopefully provide even more movement!

Yeah, I'd be optimistic. I was the one that started #81 (just double checked) last year and finished #1 as an OOS applicant. Also, last year they over accepted as well.

This year if I'm remembering correctly, they didn't over accept at all, so that will hopefully provide even more movement!
makes me feel a lil better! this is the only school that I didn't get flat out rejected from so crossing my fingers!

I wish we had more info... like, how many have accepted their seats (though I know that's not necessarily an indicator of anything since people can give up their seats after they've paid a deposit).. etc

Just sent a whoooole lotta emails for file reviews to gear up for next round :( Got me feelin a type of way. Western won't start calling alternates until the beginning of May, so this month is dragging a lot more than usual. Especially with everyone and their mother asking me what my plans are after graduation! Anyway, how is everyone else doing?

Maybe it’s the long wait until hearing back for waitlists, but I’m definitely feeling a type of way too! It would be like comparing night and day if we were to compare how I felt applying last year and how I feel this year. I honestly don’t even know if I should apply again! Lots of imposter syndrome symptoms setting in haha

Lots of imposter syndrome symptoms setting in haha
If you made it onto a waitlist, that means you were still a good candidate to the school. You were good enough to make it that far. They wouldn’t put you on the waitlist if you weren’t a good candidate to them, since you could be called off to join their class.

This has definitely been a long wait, but we're almost there! April 15 is just around the corner and before we know it the waitlists will be moving! If we have made it this far it's because we have been determined and they have seen the potential in us. Everything comes at the right time so if this isn't our year, then it'll be the next!

Reactions: 10 users
Maybe it’s the long wait until hearing back for waitlists, but I’m definitely feeling a type of way too! It would be like comparing night and day if we were to compare how I felt applying last year and how I feel this year. I honestly don’t even know if I should apply again! Lots of imposter syndrome symptoms setting in haha
I’m feeling the same way! I think part of it is I’m trying to prepare myself for the disappointment of not getting in, but that makes it hard to get excited to apply again.