This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a call from KSU around 10:15!!! IM GOING TO BE A VET!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 24 users
@KTpass congrats! Is that your top pick?
YES! I'm still on 5 other waitlists so I won't pull my name off those until I get confirmation from KSU in the mail. But that should be by the end of the week.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from Ohio State about the waitlist yet? Just wondering if they are calling people later today or tomorrow

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard from Ohio State about the waitlist yet? Just wondering if they are calling people later today or tomorrow

I haven’t heard anything from them. I am on the OOS waitlist! Anxiously waiting!

Does anyone know when UPenn starts calling people from the waitlist?

I'm in the second quartile OOS for mississippi. I applied to 9 schools this year and this was the only one i got an interview at. Last year I only applied to my instate and got rejected so I decide to wise up this year. I hate the feeling that I wasted a lot of money. I have an abndance of experience I asked my interviewers what I could do to improve my application and they literally said only my GPA which i have done everything I can including taking a whole extra year of undergrad science courses. I guess my next step is to try a masters program. Trying not to be too hopeful about the waitlist right now because that will just be a hard hit if I am. Glad to know Im not alone in this struggle! They start making calls tomorrow but I know it could still be a couple weeks until I hear.

I'm in the second quartile OOS for mississippi. I applied to 9 schools this year and this was the only one i got an interview at. Last year I only applied to my instate and got rejected so I decide to wise up this year. I hate the feeling that I wasted a lot of money. I have an abndance of experience I asked my interviewers what I could do to improve my application and they literally said only my GPA which i have done everything I can including taking a whole extra year of undergrad science courses. I guess my next step is to try a masters program. Trying not to be too hopeful about the waitlist right now because that will just be a hard hit if I am. Glad to know Im not alone in this struggle! They start making calls tomorrow but I know it could still be a couple weeks until I hear.
hang in there! I'm in a similar situation so I know how ya feel. My GPA is also not the greatest but you got an interview so they definitely saw what makes you unique to the applicant pool!!

Don’t worry too much yet! Obviously any waitlist spot should be viewed as something other than acceptance in terms of preparing to reapply so that there’s no time wasted just in case. However, second quartile at Mississippi State is historically a good spot to be in. It’s not over til it’s over!

Don’t worry too much yet! Obviously any waitlist spot should be viewed as something other than acceptance in terms of preparing to reapply so that there’s no time wasted just in case. However, second quartile at Mississippi State is historically a good spot to be in. It’s not over til it’s over!
Thanks for the yalls support ! I totally agree but I’m one of those people that I feel like if I think about it the opposite of what I want to happen will happen lol

Just in case anyone is curious! I’m attending CSU in the fall but I am waitlisted at Oregon state. I just emailed out of sure curiosity) and she said they only rank the top 20 candidates and currently all of the non-resident seats are filled so there will only be movement if people pull out of their acceptance and forfeit their deposit! So likely not much movement is predicted!

I’m on the waitlist for CSU OOS, would you happen to know anything about it?

Not much! I spoke to my advisor right when I applied and she said there is usually quite a bit of movement on the out of state waitlist! I also had a friend get pulled off the In state waitlist a few days ago so there has been movement (although that was the instate waitlist so may be different)

Members don't see this ad :)
Less than a month to go before April 15! :) And yes, I do have a countdown running on my phone because I have nothing better to do (who can focus on studying at a time like this!?)

It’s April 15th! How’d you do?

That’s good to know! It’s killing me, every buzz from my phone and I have a mini heart attack. Haha, congrats on CSU by the way.

Thanks! It’s been my dream school since I was really little! Still paranoid by the other waitlists though even though I know I won’t accept them!

I just got called at 1:30 from UMN!! I was number 9 on the IS waitlist... I’m so excited!!! ❤️

Reactions: 17 users
Anyone been called off the WSU IS waitlist or heard of anyone getting off, probs not but I’m just curious, getting real nervous!

Jumped from #65 to #47 on UMN's waitlist, but anxiously awaiting ANY news from Illinois...Their unranked waitlist is driving me bonkers.
Anyone else received any updates?

Pulled off UMN's IS waitlist @1:33pm today!! SO excited to finally say I'm going to vet school!! For those wondering I was number 3 on their IS waitlist when they sent out the original waitlist spots!

Reactions: 11 users
Hi there! Is anyone waiting on Wisconsin’s waitlist? Does anyone know when they start calling people? I’m pretty far down their list so just wondering if the movement is due to people being called off or people taking themselves off the waitlist. Thank you!

Hi there! Is anyone waiting on Wisconsin’s waitlist? Does anyone know when they start calling people? I’m pretty far down their list so just wondering if the movement is due to people being called off or people taking themselves off the waitlist. Thank you!

OOS waitlist*

Based on previous years, it seems like next week! I was originally #151 OOS and now from the email am #135, so I’ll be waiting with you too! Good luck! Are you waiting to hear back from any other schools?

It’s hard not to become pessimistic in this process. I told my non vet friends and family that there was no chance again this cycle and I thought they were being too optimistic, especially when they don’t understand how grueling it is. But sometimes they see your best qualities that you forget :) I know this process and I think you’re going to get in too!

Thanks so much!!! :) Here's hoping!

It’s April 15th! How’d you do?

Still at my wits' end, still waiting on Western! :) They said we might not hear until May since it's literally only the one Dean selecting the class (instead of a whole admissions committee). Definitely feelin' frazzled. Anyway, thanks for asking! How are you doing with acceptances, waitlists, and whatnot?

Based on previous years, it seems like next week! I was originally #151 OOS and now from the email am #135, so I’ll be waiting with you too! Good luck! Are you waiting to hear back from any other schools?

Oooh thank you!! Good luck to you too! I called today and I’ve moved somewhat further down the list so your number must have moved too! :)

I’m also waiting to hear back from Western.

Also do you know if they call and if we don’t pick up, will they move onto the next person or will they email us and give us time?

Also do you know if they call and if we don’t pick up, will they move onto the next person or will they email us and give us time?

The schools understand that people have real lives outside of the application cycle and that people won't always be able to answer their phone. If a school calls and you don't pick up, they'll leave a message for you to call back. Most wait list positions are given at least 24 hours to decide.

The schools understand that people have real lives outside of the application cycle and that people won't always be able to answer their phone. If a school calls and you don't pick up, they'll leave a message for you to call back. Most wait list positions are given at least 24 hours to decide.

Thank you!

I just got the call from Mississippi State! I was accepted to my instate so I will be turning down. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone on here on the waitslist for mIssissippi state even if you're not acepting that can update me on where they are on calls? I'm in the second quartile I know they've gone through ten spots at least already ...

Anyone on here on the waitslist for mIssissippi state even if you're not acepting that can update me on where they are on calls? I'm in the second quartile I know they've gone through ten spots at least already ...
I was #9 and I got the call about 15 minutes ago and I have a friend further down on the first quartile who hasn't been called. They're giving us until Thursday to answer. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 2 users
I was #9 and I got the call about 15 minutes ago and I have a friend further down on the first quartile who hasn't been called. They're giving us until Thursday to answer. Hope that helps!
WIll you update me when he/she hears? Do they know what number they were?

Anyone been called off the WSU IS waitlist or heard of anyone getting off, probs not but I’m just curious, getting real nervous!
Honestly, from what I've heard, I don't expect to hear back any time before May, if not June. Maybe this year will be different. I hope.

Anyone hear back from tufts yet?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone heard from Ohio? IS or OOS?
My friend from school got off the IS waitlist today. She got a call this morning around 10 am. :clap:

Edit: She was #6

Last edited: