Waitlist movement at USA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bnichols0330

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone on the waitlist at the University of South Alabama heard anything yet? I am still waiting and have an appointment with the ADCOM tommorrow, but I am just curious as to whether anyone has heard anything. I know today is the priority deadline, and I am hoping for some movement to take place in the next couple of days.

Waiting very impatiently

Members don't see this ad.

There's no movement at South as of yet (at least that I?ve heard of). They still have to use up the buffer of people they've over accepted (80 acceptance and 65 spots). The head of admissions is generally vague about your exact position on the waitlist, but if you push him, sometimes he'll leak additional information. I don't know the exact number, but I do know they lose a good number of people to UAB every year. Keep ?em crossed.

I met with the adcom at USA on Friday, and he said that they still had about 7 or 8 people holding multiple acceptances. He estimated waitlist movement beginning by the end of this month. For those of you who are with me waiting, this is an update. For those of you holding multiple acceptances, this is a request for you to make up your mind so us less fortunate applicants can begin to find out what we are going to do this fall.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
are you saying that if those 7 or 8 choose another school then South will take 7 or 8 from the waitlist or would they just be part of the over accepted buffer?

the way I took what he said was that they were waiting to see what those 7 or 8 decide to do before they begin to move down the list. It sounded to me like there would probably be a couple of slots open even if they all chose south. I'm not sure about that though. I have a sneaking suspicion that most prospects out there holding multiple acceptances (one of them being south) will probably choose to go to the other. I say that b/c most I would have to assume that most people still holding would be accepted at UAB and USA. We'll just have to wait and see.

Are you waiting for south too deadwood?

Hang in there, I was accepted about two weeks before orientation and a classmate of mine was accepted the day before school started.