Waitlist Survivors c/o 2018!

Started by jwliu86
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry!
Um, I believe 30.....so numbers wise a slightly better than 10% chance? (of course, way more complicated than that, but that's what I'm telling myself to keep from getting my hopes up haha)
Yeah that is about how many WSU takes. The hardest part is guessing how many of those spots have been left empty after today!!
 
Yeah that is about how many WSU takes. The hardest part is guessing how many of those spots have been left empty after today!!

In my dream world, everyone knows their spot on every list and there is a magical website that is updated to the second every time someone declines an offer, so you know exactly how far down the list they are, how many slots are left to fill, etc......if only....
 
In my dream world, everyone knows their spot on every list and there is a magical website that is updated to the second every time someone declines an offer, so you know exactly how far down the list they are, how many slots are left to fill, etc......if only....
LSU on their portal actually has a thing where it shows how many of the spots have been filled and how many are left. I find it very helpful and I wish more schools did that.
 
For those of you waitlisted at Upenn, you may wanna reconsider .. yikes
http://www.westphillylocal.com/2014...nd-killed-outside-copabanana-40th-and-spruce/

This is abt 2 blocks away from the school. And my friends that go to Upenn say alert texts like this at least a few times a week. This one is the freaking everybody out tho. :\

Honestly, it's a city. You have higher crime rates in a city. Yes, it's nerve wracking when it's that close to school and where people live, but students are not the main targets. This was over an argument in a bar, not some random attack where the assaulter picked a person at random and gunned them down on the street. If you're applying to and considering to attend a school in a major city, these are things you should take into consideration before hand.

And the text alerts are not that often. It's really like once a month (if that even). Actually, most of mine this year were due to inclement weather.
 
Last edited:
Honestly, it's a city. You have higher crimes in a city. Yes, it's nerve wracking when it's that close to school and where people live, but students are not the main targets. This was over an argument in a bar, not some random attack where the assaulter picked a person at random and gunned them down on the street. If you're applying to and considering to attend a school in a major city, these are things you should take into consideration before hand.

And the text alerts are not that often. It's really like once a month. Actually, most of mine this year were due to inclement weather.

Yeah University City is really freaking safe...I wouldn't let something like that influence my decision.
 
Yeah University City is really freaking safe...I wouldn't let something like that influence my decision.

I live further out from campus compared to most people and right on the border of the map that shows the suggested boundaries on the orientation site and I have never felt unsafe.

Just don't be stupid about things and use your common sense. We also have a ton of services that can help you get your house if you ever feel like it's unsafe to walk by yourself.

ETA: And now I can't tell if that was sarcasm...
 
Last edited:
I am a waitlist survivor!!!! I can't believe it, Csu class of 2018, I'm in wit ya!!!!!! Wow!!!!! Hurrahhhh!!!!!!!! The best of luck to everyone else who hasn't heard back yet. I really hope you get in!!! Wow!!

Also FYI for anyone on CSU alternate list, Dr. Hardy calls you, so watch for a (970) 491 number! Maybe they will change how they are doing this, but my experience today is that my portal admission status didn't change before or after I received the offer of admission via a phone call. It was the first day and she called around 5, so who knows if it will be like this for the next wave of alternate she calls.
 
Last edited:
I got an email this morning asking if I still would like to be included on the waitlist, but they said that the class is currently full
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email this morning asking if I still would like to be included on the waitlist, but they said that the class is currently full
Do you mind me asking what number on the waiting list are you? I'm wondering if they're doing this so they don't waste their time calling people that know they don't want to go there anymore.
 
Do you mind me asking what number on the waiting list are you? I'm wondering if they're doing this so they don't waste their time calling people that know they don't want to go there anymore.


I'm 9 on the IS list, so I doubt it will move. They pretty much said exactly what you mentioned about not wasting time calling people though
 
I'm 9 on the IS list, so I doubt it will move. They pretty much said exactly what you mentioned about not wasting time calling people though
Oh ok, I'm out of state, but best of luck! Hopefully they just don't want to waste their time calling and there's still spots available.
 
Oh ok, I'm out of state, but best of luck! Hopefully they just don't want to waste their time calling and there's still spots available.
Just kidding, I called and they did actually fill the class with the original offers that went out 🙁
 
Hey idk if youre IS or OOS but im #1 on the OOS list and havent heard anything. So i dont think they have started making calls yet, so dont worry!!

Found out yesterday I moved up a spot to #8, but yes I am also on the OOS list. Hopefully the list starts moving today! Please update as soon as you find out!
 
Just kidding, I called and they did actually fill the class with the original offers that went out 🙁

I'm sure that they must have gone a little bit into the wait list though. There were at least a couple of people who wrote their names down under Michigan State in the "Declined Acceptances" thread. If they give alternates 2 weeks to make a decision, that could be why the class is currently full... since they haven't made a decision to accept or decline yet. That would make sense, right?
 
I'm sure that they must have gone a little bit into the wait list though. There were at least a couple of people who wrote their names down under Michigan State in the "Declined Acceptances" thread. If they give alternates 2 weeks to make a decision, that could be why the class is currently full... since they haven't made a decision to accept or decline yet. That would make sense, right?
The email said that nobody declined their spot. Maybe they meant to do it but never did it because I thout the same thing.
 
So is anyone at all waiting on hearing from UF or have any news about it? I am on the verge of calling to see if they've filled their spots, but considering they're being so tightlipped on rankings this year, I have a feeling it'll be a waste of time. And I don't want to harrass them. But it doesn't mean I'm not impatient 😛
 
Is anyone other than @ntorres and I waiting to hear from Illinois?!?! I just want to know if they've started going down their HUGE list (like 250+...and no idea where I am on it)!!!!!!!!!

I second this. Anyone hear from Illinois about getting off the waitlist? Just curious.
 
I second this. Anyone hear from Illinois about getting off the waitlist? Just curious.
I've heard some IS applicants have been called off the list. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything from OOS applicants. With a list that huge I don't expect to be called, but it would be nice if they told us a ranking!
 
I just called Illinois and asked when they will start making calls. I was told that they will not start til next week as the acceptance cards had to be 'postmarked' by the 15th and they had to allow time to receive those. I was also told that classes were "almost" full, but they had some spots remaining. I asked if everyone on the wait list was ranked and she said yes. I then asked if it were at all possible to find out that ranking and she of course said no. "Because as people drop the ranking changes". Not the best reply but I chose not to press on the subject. It's hard to tell if the person who answered the phone was just giving canned responses or not.

v0712, where did you hear some IS were called off the list?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a friend in the pre-vet club that finally got in like a week or two weeks ago. That's so weird that they said that?? Maybe just the bulk of their calls don't start yet...?
 
I just called Illinois and asked when they will start making calls. I was told that they will not start til next week as the acceptance cards had to be 'postmarked' by the 15th and they had to allow time to receive those. I was also told that classes were "almost" full, but they had some spots remaining. I asked if everyone on the wait list was ranked and she said yes. I then asked if it were at all possible to find out that ranking and she of course said no. "Because as people drop the ranking changes". Not the best reply but I chose not to press on the subject. It's hard to tell if the person who answered the phone was just giving canned responses or not.

v0712, where did you hear some IS were called off the list?
Thanks for sharing the information, it is very helpful!
 
I have a friend in the pre-vet club that finally got in like a week or two weeks ago. That's so weird that they said that?? Maybe just the bulk of their calls don't start yet...?
That's interesting. I'm IS and have not heard a peep. Congrats to your friend though. You would think that the OOS list would be the fastest moving and first called. It looks like nothing to do but wait, unfortunately.
 
If we were already given rank numbers for OSU do you think they are meeting to see how many spots to fill, or to reevaluate ranks? 😱
 
I'm wait listed both...OOS both. Haven't heard from either yet. Just the email last week from OSU that said they will meet today (4/16) to consider applicants to fill spots. So maybe we will hear soon!!!

Lol. Hollista, I think you're talking about Oregon State whereas I think Fightingquaker is waiting from Ohio State. Correct me if I'm wrong though...
 
I've seen in a few different places (threads from last year, waitlist survivors, etc) that mizzou calls oos but sends packets to IS. Can anyone verify? I'm IS, and I didn't get a phone call yesterday. Should I be panicking?
 
I've seen in a few different places (threads from last year, waitlist survivors, etc) that mizzou calls oos but sends packets to IS. Can anyone verify? I'm IS, and I didn't get a phone call yesterday. Should I be panicking?

I heard from several people that IS waitlisters are notified by acceptance packets only. I know it's a crazy wait, but just sit tight, I'm sure in a day or so you will get some good news! 🙂
 
So is anyone at all waiting on hearing from UF or have any news about it? I am on the verge of calling to see if they've filled their spots, but considering they're being so tightlipped on rankings this year, I have a feeling it'll be a waste of time. And I don't want to harrass them. But it doesn't mean I'm not impatient 😛
I'm still waiting too 🙁 if you hear anything please let me know! I'm in state so I don't have my hopes up but it sure would be nice to get a call!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm wait listed both...OOS both. Haven't heard from either yet. Just the email last week from OSU that said they will meet today (4/16) to consider applicants to fill spots. So maybe we will hear soon!!!
I'm hoping the same story for WSU because they meet up before making calls
 
Atlantic Veterinary College:

Auburn:

CSU: Kenggy (WICHE, phone, 4/9/14)

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri: Kittyy (4/15, missed phone call, followed by voicemail and email)

Ohio State:

Oklahoma State University:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

Royal Veterinary College:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM: Wolfvet (OOS, phone, 3/7/14), ntorres (OOS, email, 4/14/14)

Washington State University: Kenggy (WHICHE, phone, 4/9/14)

Western University of Health Sciences: