Waitlist Survivors c/o 2018!

Started by jwliu86
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Except this is worse than inJanuary/ February because we may not get an answer... You only hear if you get the "you're in" this time... Could be just left waiting forever (this is what I expect to happen to myself) 🙁
 
Except this is worse than inJanuary/ February because we may not get an answer... You only hear if you get the "you're in" this time... Could be just left waiting forever (this is what I expect to happen to myself) 🙁

I see what you are saying! I've been stressing myself out by looking at past wait-list survivor threads, and I have not been able to find a single OSU wait-list survivor that posted (of course they exist) but not seeing the numbers is worrying!
 
I see what you are saying! I've been stressing myself out by looking at past wait-list survivor threads, and I have not been able to find a single OSU wait-list survivor that posted (of course they exist) but not seeing the numbers is worrying!
Omg I did the same thing a month ago!! And I see the same results as you for WSU waitlisters 🙁 We Pacific Northwest hopefuls need to stick together! We have it rough! I think OSU's issue is such a small class size thus less people available to find out about SDN who applied there? Idk, that is my positive outlook on it.
 
Omg I did the same thing a month ago!! And I see the same results as you for WSU waitlisters 🙁 We Pacific Northwest hopefuls need to stick together! We have it rough! I think OSU's issue is such a small class size thus less people available to find out about SDN who applied there? Idk, that is my positive outlook on it.
I'm wait listed at OSU and WSU. Soooo planning on not getting in this year! Lol! Oh well, I've accepted it...so a "you're in" call/email would just be a great surprise, but not holding my breath. Good luck everyone!!
 
I see what you are saying! I've been stressing myself out by looking at past wait-list survivor threads, and I have not been able to find a single OSU wait-list survivor that posted (of course they exist) but not seeing the numbers is worrying!

To help, I have a friend who is a second year who got in as #24 on the IS wait list, so don't fret too much 🙂
 
I'm wait listed at OSU and WSU. Soooo planning on not getting in this year! Lol! Oh well, I've accepted it...so a "you're in" call/email would just be a great surprise, but not holding my breath. Good luck everyone!!
Ah! So scary!! Fingers crossed for all of us!
 
Ive been seeing alot of posts about "Calls off the waiting lists". Is that a norm with most schools and should be anticipating a call, or do they do emails as well?
 
Ive been seeing alot of posts about "Calls off the waiting lists". Is that a norm with most schools and should be anticipating a call, or do they do emails as well?

I think it depends on the school, and even then it could be different for IS versus OOS. For example, I heard at Mizzou they call OOS for waitlisters, but give a regular acceptance packet to IS.

I think overall calls are pretty common though, because usually they don't give you a lot of time to decide after they notify you. If you are waiting on a school it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to call them and see how they usually handle their waitlisters, so that way you would have a peace of mind and a good idea of how they will contact you.
 
I wish I knew where I stood on ANY of my waitlists! I can only find out where I am on VMRCVM's waitlist after tomorrow, but the other two won't tell me 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't believe it, I'm going to be a Hokie! Just received an email (they would have called but I live overseas) from Joyce over at Virginia Tech saying she anxiously wanted to talk to me... The offered me a seat in the class of 2018!

Atlantic Veterinary College:

Auburn:

CSU: Kenggy (WICHE, phone, 4/9/14)

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State:

Oklahoma State University:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

Royal Veterinary College:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM: Wolfvet (OOS, phone, 3/7/14), ntorres (OOS, email, 4/14/14)

Washington State University: Kenggy (WHICHE, phone, 4/9/14)

Western University of Health Sciences:
 
I can't believe it, I'm going to be a Hokie! Just received an email (they would have called but I live overseas) from Joyce over at Virginia Tech saying she anxiously wanted to talk to me... The offered me a seat in the class of 2018!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Not sure if anybody on here is waiting for WSU in the WICHE pool but just saw on their page that someone turned down a WICHE offer for WSU. Perhaps this will help someone out :happy:
 
Not sure if anybody on here is waiting for WSU in the WICHE pool but just saw on their page that someone turned down a WICHE offer for WSU. Perhaps this will help someone out :happy:
I'm in the OOS pool for WSU so hoping there have been some turn downs for those positions!!
 
Any CSU alternates:
They said today they'll start making offers to alternates beginning 3pm tomorrow.
Gulp.
 
I've been reading through this thread and others for a couple weeks, thank you everyone for sharing your experiences so far. I'm on the alternate list for Purdue (OOS) and rejected from my in-state school, so I don't know where I currently stand! Good luck to everyone!
 
Last edited:
Any CSU alternates:
They said today they'll start making offers to alternates beginning 3pm tomorrow.
Gulp.
Fish pixie: double-gulp! Where did you hear that news? I'm a CSU alternate as well and have been compulsively checking the online portal...
 
Fish pixie: double-gulp! Where did you hear that news? I'm a CSU alternate as well and have been compulsively checking the online portal...
I went to the Build a Better Ap presentation given by Dr. Hardy today. She talked about the application process & mentioned it then.
I'm 100% with ya about checking the portal all the time. About had a heart attack when they posted the one communication that said " ACCEPTED STATUS- if your current admitted status is accepted......."
All I saw was the bold "ACCEPTED STATUS" & began to hyperventilate & shake. Then I looked more closely :grumpy:
 
I went to the Build a Better Ap presentation given by Dr. Hardy today. She talked about the application process & mentioned it then.
I'm 100% with ya about checking the portal all the time. About had a heart attack when they posted the one communication that said " ACCEPTED STATUS- if your current admitted status is accepted......."
All I saw was the bold "ACCEPTED STATUS" & began to hyperventilate & shake. Then I looked more closely :grumpy:

That's kind of messed up that they would make it look like that haha. I would be so upset!
 
I went to the Build a Better Ap presentation given by Dr. Hardy today. She talked about the application process & mentioned it then.
I'm 100% with ya about checking the portal all the time. About had a heart attack when they posted the one communication that said " ACCEPTED STATUS- if your current admitted status is accepted......."
All I saw was the bold "ACCEPTED STATUS" & began to hyperventilate & shake. Then I looked more closely :grumpy:
Hahaha...that was rough. But honestly, every time there is a newly dated message I start getting excited. Thanks for the information! It is much appreciated. Hope you hear good news tomorrow afternoon!
 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you HIMYP! Illinois was still my top choice but I'm not going to complain... Now they better not end up calling me for an admission offer after I put down the deposit at Virginia Tech, I don't have a bunch of money laying around. I don't really mean that but that would be quite funny.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you HIMYP! Illinois was still my top choice but I'm not going to complain... Now they better not end up calling me for an admission offer after I put down the deposit at Virginia Tech, I don't have a bunch of money laying around. I don't really mean that but that would be quite funny.

Happened to me. They called me like two days after I mailed my deposit to OK State.
 
Hi guys, long-time lurker here. This is my first post 🙂 Anxiously hoping for a phone call from Minnesota (#9 on the list)

Hey idk if youre IS or OOS but im #1 on the OOS list and havent heard anything. So i dont think they have started making calls yet, so dont worry!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone other than @ntorres and I waiting to hear from Illinois?!?! I just want to know if they've started going down their HUGE list (like 250+...and no idea where I am on it)!!!!!!!!!
😱 They have a list that big!? How many OOS spots do they have each year? This makes me feel better about the list that I'm on, even though mine isn't ranked lol