-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
waitlisted for Samuel Merritt..
Started by ctwen
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Well, I'm going to decline my acceptance, so your chances are one better now! Good luck!!I am currently waitlisted 30 of 43...realistically what do you guys think my chances are? Any input would help!
I'm going to decline as well, so your chances are getting better! Good luck !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Remember that if there wasn't a chance you could move up the list, they wouldn't have so many waitlisted people on the list in the first place. Consider this: a handful of accepted students, like the two above, will decline of course, moving you up the list. But also (I think) even more of the waitlisted people will decline their waitlist spot, since many of them will receive acceptances at other schools and are likely to take them, and forfeit their waitlist spot, instead of taking a gamble on a "maybe". Now then you've just moved up a bunch of spots again. Don't give up hope. I'm waitlisted at SMU as well, spot #5. I hope to see you there in the fall! Good luck!
You're welcome! Did you see the thread on the PT forum (not the pre-PT forum) asking if any current students had been originally waitlisted? One of them said they had been 25th on the list and still got in. They didn't specify which school, but it's still encouraging!
currently wait listed at the #4 spot for samuel merritt... I'm feeling pretty good about it, but wondering when we'll probably find out. Do any of you know when the acceptances and deposits were due by? I know the wait list verification was due yesterday...so I'm thinking we'll be hearing soon.... Good luck to my fellow wait-listers 🙂
currently wait listed at the #4 spot for samuel merritt... I'm feeling pretty good about it, but wondering when we'll probably find out. Do any of you know when the acceptances and deposits were due by? I know the wait list verification was due yesterday...so I'm thinking we'll be hearing soon.... Good luck to my fellow wait-listers 🙂
The letter of intent and deposit were due by 2/20. Good luck!
Also still waiting!!! And waiting and waiting and waiting. I guess that's why it's called a wait list! Of course, all the letters of intent and deposits from accepted students, and the letters of intent from waitlisters were all due on the 20th. So they have probably spent the last week getting started on processing all those. I would think they'd be able to determine at least a first round of available spots soon, based on accepted students declining. At least I hope so!
hdawg I am going to apply this upcoming cycle with samuel merritt as my top choice. would you mind sharing your stats, etc. that helped you get in? I really want to go to sam merritt and want to be as strong as possible, but am anxious of course. thanks i appreciate your help
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hdawg I am going to apply this upcoming cycle with samuel merritt as my top choice. would you mind sharing your stats, etc. that helped you get in? I really want to go to sam merritt and want to be as strong as possible, but am anxious of course. thanks i appreciate your help
My overall GPA is a 3.10. Prereq is a 3.0. I'm graduating in May from San Diego state so I will have my BS (in kinesiology, emphasis in physical therapy) then. Gre was a 570 Q , 510, and 4.0 on writing. Only took it once. I'm in a sorority, have interned at an outpatient clinic for a little over 100 hours, and work for apple as a trainer for about 2 years, which looks pretty good on applications I guess because that was one of the first things my interviewer asked me about! Honestly, it all comes down to the interview. As long as you get the interview, be yourself, and hope for the best, you'll be fine!
Kepania... SO so happy for you!! Congrats!! 🙂I also heard today. Finally! To other waitlisters: I was #5 so you know they've gone down the list at least that far. Good luck!
Kepania... SO so happy for you!! Congrats!! 🙂
Thank you!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 3K