waitlisted...what about finances/FAFSA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bman984

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all... just wondering what everyone else out there has been told to do about federal student loans if waitlisted? I haven't contact my school yet, but wanted to see if anyone else knew of what to do.

Members don't see this ad.

Louisville told us to go ahead and do FAFSA. MCG didn't tell me anything one way or the other.

Hey all... just wondering what everyone else out there has been told to do about federal student loans if waitlisted? I haven't contact my school yet, but wanted to see if anyone else knew of what to do.

fill out the fafsa, list all the schools that you might accept you. if you get accepted then just update it with the school that you are attending.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would fill out FAFSA and list the school or schools you are waitlisted at.

Fill it out for the possible options. No penalty involved in doing that if you don't get in and better safe than sorry.

what about schools you haven't heard from but interviewed at? add them also or no?

Fill out the FAFSA and send it to all the schools you are waitlisted at.
it doesnt cost you anything to have them sent to those schools. that a way if you get in they already have your info.