#WaitListedAndProud2016_A Post-April 30th Saga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to say that I dropped all but one acceptance today! It took me until yesterday to see which one I'd like to hold past April 30th. I wasn't doing it to humble brag or be greedy or anything, I swear! I would like to join this thread because I am hoping to get off of the waitlists at my dream school. Here's to hoping guys!! Good luck everyone!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
baby-meme.jpg
 
Hi everyone! Gluck this week 🙂

Do you guys know if you are emailed the background check from certiphi, if that means that a school has conditionally accepted you (and has just not told you yet)?

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
So I really hope there will be movement today. But wouldn't it make more sense that the movement will be more active tomorrow since people with acceptances technically have until tonight 11:59PM to decide? just wondering...
 
So I really hope there will be movement today. But wouldn't it make more sense that the movement will be more active tomorrow since people with acceptances technically have until tonight 11:59PM to decide? just wondering...
I'm thinking this week not today.
 
Just wanted to say that I dropped all but one acceptance today! It took me until yesterday to see which one I'd like to hold past April 30th. I wasn't doing it to humble brag or be greedy or anything, I swear! I would like to join this thread because I am hoping to get off of the waitlists at my dream school. Here's to hoping guys!! Good luck everyone!
Congrats on narrowing it down to one!! Which school are you waiting on (no need to answer if you don't want to, just wondering) 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
really?? Can you possibly give any more details?

Im also waitlisted at UCSD and this wait is absolutely dreadful.
AHH Gluck!!! I know the wait sucks 🙁 I feel your pain.
So, as you know, the UC system is very late in the game when it comes to acceptances off the waitlist (except for UCSF-- which is really on par with other schools). All I know is that you can be getting a call up until the day of orientation for a place like UCSD or UCLA. Meaning, that their waitlist is catered to those who are super patient and super persistent (as are the others... but theirs especially). I know that you most probably know this information already and this wasn't a help... but the best advice I can give you is to continue to persist and send in letters of intent/interest/updates so that they don't forget about you. I have heard of people getting off the waitlist the day before school in the UCs.
 
I got accepted to Harvard, Stanford, Johns Hopkins, Mayo, and Duke (with only two full rides 😡) but I'm on the waitlist at UCSF and Columbia! +pity+ This is honestly the most stressful time in my entire life. Really glad to have a place to vent.


Thought of you guys when I saw this. Laugh or cringe, idc. I hope y'all hear good news soon.


This is the absolute worst! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!! Thank you!
 
AHH Gluck!!! I know the wait sucks 🙁 I feel your pain.
So, as you know, the UC system is very late in the game when it comes to acceptances off the waitlist (except for UCSF-- which is really on par with other schools). All I know is that you can be getting a call up until the day of orientation for a place like UCSD or UCLA. Meaning, that their waitlist is catered to those who are super patient and super persistent (as are the others... but theirs especially). I know that you most probably know this information already and this wasn't a help... but the best advice I can give you is to continue to persist and send in letters of intent/interest/updates so that they don't forget about you. I have heard of people getting off the waitlist the day before school in the UCs.

I have actually heard the same thing, people getting in literally 2-3 days before orientation! And UCSD starts later than most schools also which makes it even more of a tedious wait lol.

But thanks for the response! I was actually wondering (when I asked for more details lol) is if you knew someone personally who had gotten in off the waitlist? The UCSD school thread is pretty quiet with activity so I didn't know if you had heard through the grapevine or if they actually started dipping into their waitlist.
 
Keep your heads up, everyone.

If you don't hear anything within the next couple of days, don't panic -- admin may need some time to sort through the flurry of emails and status changes. Keep in mind that your acceptance requires the coordination of many different cogs -- financial aid, registrar, admissions, etc -- and that could extend the amount of time it takes to prepare new offers.

That being said, fingers crossed for us all!

66228079.jpg
 
Last edited:
I have actually heard the same thing, people getting in literally 2-3 days before orientation! And UCSD starts later than most schools also which makes it even more of a tedious wait lol.

But thanks for the response! I was actually wondering (when I asked for more details lol) is if you knew someone personally who had gotten in off the waitlist? The UCSD school thread is pretty quiet with activity so I didn't know if you had heard through the grapevine or if they actually started dipping into their waitlist.
I know of a LOT of people (personally) in past years who have gotten off a week/days before, but not this year specifically!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dude! That is awesome. I think that you will definitely hear back positively from at least one school post April-30th. Those are all very, very good schools. Which is your top choice? I kind of regret not applying to case western actually... it seems like an awesome place. I just went to the doc for a recent medical concern and after a bunch of bozos who couldn't fix my problem, a doc from case western FINALLY had the guts to think about the problem in a different way. Good training there, wow.



I just got accepted to UB!
My top choice is Albert Einstien though so still waiting *fingers crossed*

Oh and yeah I loved case western. If I got into AE and Case it would be a tough choice but I have family in NY so is probable go there.
 
I have a question... Do you all feel like a significantly less amount of people post on SDN this year? Last year the school specific threads were booming. This year we are so behind. The school I a check often increased its class size from 154 to like 190 and there are still less people posting. It is bizarre. It also shows with these WL support threads. Last year the support thread was friken 15+ pages by now and we are barely scratching 8 or 9. Also, why are there two of these? Lol. Let us join them. @WedgeDawg maybe you can help us out
 
I have a question... Do you all feel like a significantly less amount of people post on SDN this year? Last year the school specific threads were booming. This year we are so behind. The school I a check often increased its class size from 154 to like 190 and there are still less people posting. It is bizarre. It also shows with these WL support threads. Last year the support thread was friken 15+ pages by now and we are barely scratching 8 or 9. Also, why are there two of these? Lol. Let us join them. @WedgeDawg maybe you can help us out
Def. I'm literally taking over the rush thread with my plead for a waitlist call lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
 
I have a question... Do you all feel like a significantly less amount of people post on SDN this year? Last year the school specific threads were booming. This year we are so behind. The school I a check often increased its class size from 154 to like 190 and there are still less people posting. It is bizarre. It also shows with these WL support threads. Last year the support thread was friken 15+ pages by now and we are barely scratching 8 or 9. Also, why are there two of these? Lol. Let us join them. @WedgeDawg maybe you can help us out

Supposedly many different schools' rejection letters are saying this has been a particularly high volume applicant year. No idea why, but I'm guessing it's largely due to the MCAT changes/growing bias towards the newer version.
 
Supposedly many different schools' rejection letters are saying this has been a particularly high volume applicant year. No idea why, but I'm guessing it's largely due to the MCAT changes/growing bias towards the newer version.
OR, you know, they know that students are aware that there will be more applicants, and use this as a "it's not you or me, it's them", sort of buffer in lieu of the rejection. Idk, I'm pretty pessimistic lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad