Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
#WaitListedAndProud2016_A Post-April 30th Saga
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
.
Last edited:
This whole week is gonna be so nerve- wracking. I'm like trying to not think about it but somehow every 5 minutes I end up checking my email or these threads Lololol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do most of you guys know your waitlist ranking? Or do you guys just know that you are on the waitlist and are desperately praying to get accepted?!
no idea, just praying...debating on whether to start writing my new personal statement today for the upcoming application cycle or not....
1 interview/1 waitlist. The anxiety is real this week. 


Do most of you guys know your waitlist ranking? Or do you guys just know that you are on the waitlist and are desperately praying to get accepted?!
The school I'm wait listed at said they didn't do rankings x.x so I'm just desperately praying
On the WL for two schools, definitely decided if this year doesn't work out I'm gonna do early decision because I can't put myself through this again lolz
Don't know if y'all accept us here DO waitlisters, but here we go:
1 Interview, 1 waitlist. "Unranked" but apparently DO programs have a lot of movement.
1 Interview, 1 waitlist. "Unranked" but apparently DO programs have a lot of movement.
no idea, just praying...debating on whether to start writing my new personal statement today for the upcoming application cycle or not....
I feel you honestly like I'm supposed to be taking the mcat again in about 3 weeks but instead of worrying about that I'm like more worried about this (which is probably bad lol)
3 II's and 3 waitlists. All ranked and I don't know my position on any of them... Desperately waiting for my hotline to bling as that can only mean one thing!Deadline is technically tonight.
Me too! I haven't been able to concentrate on mcat studying at all this past weekI feel you honestly like I'm supposed to be taking the mcat again in about 3 weeks but instead of worrying about that I'm like more worried about this (which is probably bad lol)
3 II's and 3 waitlists. All ranked and I don't know my position on any of them... Desperately waiting for my hotline to bling as that can only mean one thing!
For your viewing pleasure: Drake mash-ups
http://www.vogue.com/13363829/drake-hotline-bling-video-memes/
does anyone know what an "unranked" waitlist actually means...
Me too! I haven't been able to concentrate on mcat studying at all this past week
The struggle is too real right now lololol I hope that we both either get off the wait list before the mcat or that we can channel all of our worries into studying and are able to focus insanely hard these next couple of weeks so we can own it 😀 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apparently unranked waitlist can have a secret priority waitlist that isn't mentioned to the other waitlisted applicants. Sorry I'm a bit upset right now loldoes anyone know what an "unranked" waitlist actually means...
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
does anyone know what an "unranked" waitlist actually means...
It usually means that the school prefers to replace anyone that withdraws with a candidate with similar demographics/experiences/stats to try to keep the class 'balanced' in some way.
haha I was too overwhelmed to write the details at that minute. I got into University of Miami Miller School of Medicine!! They called me 7am cali time-- 10am Miami time and then email followed.
Thank you guys for the congrats-- sorry I didn't indicate the school sooner.
The class of 2012 (high school) was inexplicably one of the largest high school classes in recent history as well (especially in California). I remember every undergrad I applied to, including all the UCs, said they got record numbers of applications, and waitlist movement was almost non-existent.Supposedly many different schools' rejection letters are saying this has been a particularly high volume applicant year. No idea why, but I'm guessing it's largely due to the MCAT changes/growing bias towards the newer version.
lol YES. After reading so many rejection letters, I have to say I respect a school MORE when they DON'T whine about how hard it is to pick from so many qualified applicants in a REJECTION letter.OR, you know, they know that students are aware that there will be more applicants, and use this as a "it's not you or me, it's them", sort of buffer in lieu of the rejection. Idk, I'm pretty pessimistic lol
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
Oh and... 3 II's, 2 Waitlists, 0 Acceptances
I'm not sure what I want more: to get into med school or to NOT go through this whole process again 😛
I'm not sure what I want more: to get into med school or to NOT go through this whole process again 😛
this won't really matter for people on WL. they already interviewed and the record volume applicants doesn't affect themThe class of 2012 (high school) was inexplicably one of the largest high school classes in recent history as well (especially in California). I remember every undergrad I applied to, including all the UCs, said they got record numbers of applications, and waitlist movement was almost non-existent.
this won't really matter for people on WL. they already interviewed and the record volume applicants doesn't affect them
I wasn't commenting on the wait list.
The person said that many schools mentioned an unusually high volume of applicants this particular year; I was pointing out that the UG class of 2016 was a really big one when it matriculated into college, so that might have something to do with it.
Is this for realI bring news from the north... today was just a diversion.. AAMC thought it funny to make us wait till business days advanced. Tomorrow is when the real flurry of offers will come. Prepare yourselves, for tomorrow glory will reign down on SDN!!
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
Alas, it is. The AAMC allowed the lords of the schools to extend the acceptance deadline to May 2nd.
"So you're saying there's still a chance?"Alas, it is. The AAMC allowed the lords of the schools to extend the acceptance deadline to May 2nd.
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
Oh so no chanceI would guess most holding multiple acceptance cut to one on or before April 30. Many people did not even know about the May 2 extension...
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
Just because people might not have known about the deadline extension, doesn't mean schools weren't purposefully waiting until tomorrow to start offering acceptances off the waitlist. So, as mr.mkitty said, there should be lots of movement starting tomorrow!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So you're saying there IS a chanceJust because people might not have known about the deadline extension, doesn't mean schools weren't purposefully waiting until tomorrow to start offering acceptances off the waitlist. So, as mr.mkitty said, there should be lots of movement starting tomorrow!
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
Well I didn't get accepted today but I DID find out that my top choice school has a secret priority waitlist that I am decidedly not on. So that's fabulous.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
??? That's so annoying :/ do you mind me asking which school?Well I didn't get accepted today but I DID find out that my top choice school has a secret priority waitlist that I am decidedly not on. So that's fabulous.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
There's still hope! My top choice (and only WL school) has a priority WL (I'm on regular) and I found out today that they usually exhaust the priority WL and accept from regular. So don't lose hope yet!Well I didn't get accepted today but I DID find out that my top choice school has a secret priority waitlist that I am decidedly not on. So that's fabulous.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
What! How do you know that?Well I didn't get accepted today but I DID find out that my top choice school has a secret priority waitlist that I am decidedly not on. So that's fabulous.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Einstein maybe? I'm also just on the regular waitlist there D:There's still hope! My top choice (and only WL school) has a priority WL (I'm on regular) and I found out today that they usually exhaust the priority WL and accept from regular. So don't lose hope yet!
There's still hope! My top choice (and only WL school) has a priority WL (I'm on regular) and I found out today that they usually exhaust the priority WL and accept from regular. So don't lose hope yet!
nope, Cooper! Hoping all of us regular WLers get accepted!Einstein maybe? I'm also just on the regular waitlist there D:
Rush. It's okay. The odds were never good to begin with. The list is 120 long and they accept like 20. So it went from ~15% to 0ish%. But that's better than nothing I suppose.??? That's so annoying :/ do you mind me asking which school?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Last edited:
SdnWhat! How do you know that?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Hey that sounds like what I found out today too. A secret priority waitlist that they don't tell regular waitlisters during their waitlist presentation that lasted for an hour 🙁Well I didn't get accepted today but I DID find out that my top choice school has a secret priority waitlist that I am decidedly not on. So that's fabulous.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Nobody knows the trouble I've seen ~ Nobody knows my sorrow~
I wish my dad was the President so I could go to Harvard Medical School.
True. Also even though it would be a boon to my medical school chances, for the good of the country I'm very glad my dad is not the President.Even Malia Obama is taking a gap year before Harvard U.
I thought several schools didn't seat their class until June. How worried should we be if we don't get a call this week? Do I even want the answer lol
Uh oh...June?!I thought several schools didn't seat their class until June. How worried should we be if we don't get a call this week? Do I even want the answer lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this isn't what anyone wants to hear and I don't like being a Negative Nancy, but the chances of getting in off the waitlist are extremely low to begin with. I've seen schools with hundreds of people on the waitlist. Lots of schools only accept ~20 or so. I really hope some of you guys get good news but I don't want anyone to set themselves up for crippling disappointment. I have done the thing where I look at the hopeful statistics and turn a blind eye to the ugly ones, and it has only made me unhappy. At this point, I would say that between my waitlisted schools I maybe have, liberally, a 10% overall chance at getting an acceptance. It is mentally easier for me to treat it as if I have been rejected everywhere so that I can focus on the future.I thought several schools didn't seat their class until June. How worried should we be if we don't get a call this week? Do I even want the answer lol
no idea, i'm guessing? When I looked at last year's thread for GU, they sent students an email about the class being seated June 26...
Yeah. A med school waitlist isn't like a fast queue in a fast food chain. See my previous posts on this thread for a nice gif representationI know this isn't what anyone wants to hear and I don't like being a Negative Nancy, but the chances of getting in off the waitlist are extremely low to begin with. I've seen schools with hundreds of people on the waitlist. Lots of schools only accept ~20 or so. I really hope some of you guys get good news but I don't want anyone to set themselves up for crippling disappointment. I have done the thing where I look at the hopeful statistics and turn a blind eye to the ugly ones, and it has only made me unhappy. At this point, I would say that between my waitlisted schools I maybe have, liberally, a 10% overall chance at getting an acceptance. It is mentally easier for me to treat it as if I have been rejected everywhere so that I can focus on the future.
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
I feel you.... It's almost (2017) application time.I know this isn't what anyone wants to hear and I don't like being a Negative Nancy, but the chances of getting in off the waitlist are extremely low to begin with. I've seen schools with hundreds of people on the waitlist. Lots of schools only accept ~20 or so. I really hope some of you guys get good news but I don't want anyone to set themselves up for crippling disappointment. I have done the thing where I look at the hopeful statistics and turn a blind eye to the ugly ones, and it has only made me unhappy. At this point, I would say that between my waitlisted schools I maybe have, liberally, a 10% overall chance at getting an acceptance. It is mentally easier for me to treat it as if I have been rejected everywhere so that I can focus on the future.
*Finds people drinking on this thread*
"Hey, can I join?"
Applying to medical school has turned me into a bona fide alcoholic.I feel you.... It's almost (2017) application time.
*Finds people drinking on this thread*
"Hey, can I join?"
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 671