WAMC??? 1st time Applicant! Excited yet nervous!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Will I get in somewhere?

• Total voters

chloethevet

Reaction score
Hey guys! This is my first time posting! I just submitted application and I'm super anxious to hear back! Thanks for reading and any comments.

19 y/o female, Florida resident
Applying to:
UF, University of Sydney, University of Melbourne, Colorado State, Ross, Cornell, LMU, Mississippi, Washington State, Midwestern, and Purdue.

Cumulative GPA: 3.30
science GPA: 3.437
last 45: 3.410

Any degrees achieved: B.S. in Biological Science from FAU
Completed 3 years of college in High school so graduated with bachelors at 19 years old.

GRE results: 147Q/145V/3.5W
Took once :( GRE sucks!

Veterinary Experience:
Veterinarian Technician Small Animals ~625
Equine and Large Animal ~40
Surgery Small Animal Shadowing ~ 50
Total: 715

Animal Experience:

Kennel Technician ~2100
Small Animal + Equine CPR & First Aid Certification Course ~16
Marine Mammal Rescue Stranding Team ~80
Total: 2196

Research Experience:

Research Cruise: Microbial Communities Across the Water Column in the Gulf of Mexico (Microbiology) ~88
DIS Research: : Containment of Exotic, Invasive C. Antillanum at John D. MacArthur Beach State Park (Botany) ~60
Lab Safety Certifications ~15
Total: 163

Awards/scholarships:

FAU HS Research Scholar
FAU HS Field Experience Scholar
FAUHS Volunteer Honor (Over 500 hours)
Presidential Gold Volunteer Service Award (100+ hours)
SeaPerch Underwater Robotics National Competition: 11th overall, 2nd poster design
Tree Award (most well rounded student)
Athlete of the year
FAU HS Soccer MVP
Girl Scouts Bronze Award

Extracurriculars:
PADI Certified Scuba Diver ~40
Member of FTC Robotics Team ~96
Member of the Science Olympiad Team ~280
Captain for SeaPerch Underwater Robotics Team ~288
Girl Scout ~1350
Leadership Junior Councilor ~240
Total: 2294

Employment:

Robotics Camp Lifeguard and Councilor ~40
School Summer camp ~40
Total: 80

Concerns:
I'm worried about my GPA and my GRE scores. I have a lot of hours for my age but I would have liked to have more. My top choices are University of Sydney and UF. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For WA state being OSS you can look at your tier you fall in which unfortunately is pretty low based on your GPA and GRE. Colorado has a specific statement on their website that applicants with a GPA below a 3.5 if I remember correctly undergo early file review to determine if an applicant moves on. Both of these schools overall I would say have a slim chance for admission unless your LORs and essays are knock out stellar. In the event you don't get in anywhere or interviews definitely do file reviews as they will be most helpful. Your science and last 45 GPA will give a lot more insight into "chances" for alot of the schools you listed, but that's just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 1 users
For WA state being OSS you can look at your tier you fall in which unfortunately is pretty low based on your GPA and GRE. Colorado has a specific statement on their website that applicants with a GPA below a 3.5 if I remember correctly undergo early file review to determine if an applicant moves on. Both of these schools overall I would say have a slim chance for admission unless your LORs and essays are knock out stellar. In the event you don't get in anywhere or interviews definitely do file reviews as they will be most helpful. Your science and last 45 GPA will give a lot more insight into "chances" for alot of the schools you listed, but that's just my 2 cents.

where can I find the outline of WSU tiers?