WAMC- GPA 3.9 MCAT 512

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreenThrowaway

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm assembling a school list, and I have some unbalanced stats. I'd appreciate any and all feedback on these schools. any in here seem unreasonable? Thank you a bunch, and best of luck everybody!

Also to note: I am a reapplicant, but I applied to an exceedingly small amount of schools, so most of these are first-time apps. If you'd like more info, feel free to ask.
1-6. All the UC's.
7. Wright State
8. Mayo-Arizona
9. UToledo
10. CUSM (CalMed)
11. USC
12. UVermont
13. Albany
14. Rosalind Franklin
15. Loyola
16. Oakland
17. Creighton
18. Einstein
19. MCW (Wisconsin)
20. Western Michigan SOM
21. SLU
22. Cincinatti
23. Case Western
24. Ohio State
25. Miami Leonard
26. UWisconsin

DO:
1. AT Still COM
2. AZCOM
3. Western-LEB
4. Western-POM

Members don't see this ad.

U Wisconsin, Toledo, Wright State and Ohio State are state public schools that favor their own residents or those from nearby states. Case Western is a reach. You could add these schools:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
George Washington
NOVA MD
Creighton
Tulane

@Faha For those state public schools you mentioned, how do you identify schools that generally have such preference? I was mainly going off MSAR, so when I saw Toledo interviewed 209/2955 applications for OOS (~7%), I thought that was a decent metric. However, do correct me if I am wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Faha For those state public schools you mentioned, how do you identify schools that generally have such preference? I was mainly going off MSAR, so when I saw Toledo interviewed 209/2955 applications for OOS (~7%), I thought that was a decent metric. However, do correct me if I am wrong.
Half of Toledo's non resident matriculants are from Michigan. Others are legacies, attended the undergraduate school, former Ohio residents, URM, veterans, etc.

Didn't know that, thanks! I suppose it's the same case for Ohio State as well?