WAMC? Help with schools list please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reverb

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Without an official MCAT it is hard to provide accurate advice... post once you have the scores, then most people here can offer decent advice. Also please refer to MSAR, some of your schools run have extreme in-state bias

Thanks. Removed Virginia Tech and South Carolina. Added Creighton. Will post actual score on 8/1.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your GPA might be a tad low for Mayo AZ, but I'm not sure since I haven't seen their stats published anywhere. The Rochester campus 10%ile cGPA + BCPM looks to be about a 3.50. It also doesn't look like many matriculants had anything below a 3.7, so I would take that into consideration. I suggest buying a www.aamc.org/msar membership to check your GPAs.

Agree with what was said above though. It's hard without an actual MCAT because 509 and 512 open up some different doors.

Edit:
Will post actual score on 8/1.

I highly suggest applying to just your state school before you get your MCAT back so you are verified early. It'll save you a lot of headache when you get your score back 8/1. If you're verified 8/1, then you can add all your schools and they'll instantaneously get your app as opposed to September if you aren't verified yet.

I appreciate the advice. Thanks a lot!

Deleted

Last edited:
You are competitive for all the DO schools on your list. Your MD list is good and your best chances are your 2 AZ state schools.

Reactions: 1 users
In striking distance for these:
Rosy Franklin

Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)

Loyola

WVU

Rush

MCW

SLU

Creighton

Albany

NYMC

VCU

Tulane

U VM

Oakland-B

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Netter

Reactions: 1 user
Update: Accepted to Midwestern Osteopathic Program in Glendale on 11/07/2017

GPA: 3.46
sGPA: 3.35
MCAT: 507

work hard, have good EC's, never lose hope!

Reactions: 1 user