This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bcereus96

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey ya'll I am asking to write what are my chances? I had a really rough freshman and sophomore year, junior year was improving but just by a little. I did really well senior year, getting my first few A's in biology classes. I've retaken three classes that I've gotten a C- in.
.



Currently, I am a medical scribe with 200+ hours
Additionally, I am a clinical research coordinator with 1 year of experience
I have spent all summer shadowing three DO's one being an OMM, which I am planning to ask for a rec.
 
Last edited:
I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Commonwealth-Geisinger
Apply broadly to DO schools and include these:
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
MU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
ICOM
BCOM
UIWSOM
CHSU-COM
Sam Houston State
LUCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You have a shot. Not a great one, but a shot. Apply very broadly. Your stats are pretty similar to mine.

It sounds like you don't have much if any community involvement/volunteering. I'd start beefing that up now.
 
I think a 515 will get your foot in every door as long as you write a beautiful, breathtaking personal statement. seriously. polish the fruck out of it. make it gleam.

you definitely have a shot at any T20 with a 515 with a magisterial PS.

make your personal statement so touching that the reader feels molested