This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DragonReborn98

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Stats:
B.S. in Biomedical Engineering
cGPA: 3.49
AMCAS BCPM GPA: 3.37
AACOMAS sGPA: 3.47
ORM White Male
Alabama resident

Applied only to in state med school(Mississippi at the time)straight out of undergrad with:

504 MCAT (didn't study as much as I should have)
100 hospital volunteering hours
~100 shadowing hours

Was not accepted

Pursued a Masters in BME because I decided to give engineering a closer look: cGPA: 3.29

800-1000 of research for thesis on medical device

500 hours as a Graduate Teaching Assistant

200 Leadership hours (mentor young men through my church)

Worked as a product engineer for med device company for 2 years.

I'm assuming I need to add to/refresh my clinical and shadowing hours, and score 510+ on the MCAT to be competitive for MD.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
read

You also need a much better MCAT (+10 goal). Read
 
read

You also need a much better MCAT (+10 goal). Read
Got it, thank you for the advice