WAMC Osteopathic Schools? Low MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemislovechemislife

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically, I just got verified through AACOMAS a few days ago. Currently enrolled in a one year SMP (expected 2024). Female NJ resident, non-trad (graduated 2019), technically ORM.

cGPA 3.62 sGPA 3.57
MCAT 495→498 (127/123/124/124) (if I have to retake, it's not happening till next summer).

I have 1400 ED scribe hours
2400 EMT hours in 911 system with extensive leadership in my squad (additional 3300 hours for leadership),
150 hours PCT
100 hours shadowing MD.
~600 hours church volunteering.
100 hours MD shadowing,
2 MD LOR and a committee letter from undergrad.
AmeriCorps for 4 months earlier this year doing community outreach for underserved populations
Chemistry tutor for high school students.
2 semesters of materials chemistry research (9 hr/week)
Multiple CPR save awards (ROSC in cardiac arrest patients in the field), Meritorious Service award, COVID-19 Award for first responder service through the pandemic, Phi Beta Kappa member, Dean's list multiple times,

Applied to 25 schools, top choices are Rowan, PCOM Philly, Touro Harlem, and NYITCOM.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Which schools did you apply to ?
Rowan (IS applicant)
Touro COM Harlem (current SMP)
NYITCOM - NY.
PCOM Philly
AT Still - Arizona
ACOM
CUSOM
VCOM - Carolinas and VA (gonna submit for the other 2)
LECOM Erie and Bradenton
LMU-DCOM
NSU
WVSOM
BUCOM
MUCOM
MCOM
PNUHSC
UNECOM
WesternU COM - Pacific
WCUCOM
BCOM
OUHCOM
UIWSOM

Members don't see this ad :)
OUHCOM admits very few non residents and your MCAT scores are not competitive for NYITCOM, CUSOM and Western. You could add these schools in the next week.
UP-KYCOM
DUQCOM
LUCOM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
KHSC-COM
Noorda-COM
ICOM
OCOM
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you could receive interviews.

OUHCOM admits very few non residents and your MCAT scores are not competitive for NYITCOM, CUSOM and Western. You could add these schools in the next week.
UP-KYCOM
DUQCOM
LUCOM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
KHSC-COM
Noorda-COM
ICOM
OCOM
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you could receive interviews.
Thank you! I did some research on some of these schools and this is what I found, please let me know if any of this is inaccurate -

ICOM has a minimum required MCAT at 50th percentile, which I believe I am too low for,
OCOM and DUQCOM have a cutoff at 500,
LUCOM has a cutoff at 499,
NoordaCOM words it that a "Minimum total score of 500 with subsection scores of 125 is preferred," does this automatically exclude me? I don't meet a 500 or subsection score.
For NYIT, I believe I already submitted consideration for only the NY campus :/ wish I could add in AR.

The rest I will work on submitting!

Thank you! I did some research on some of these schools and this is what I found, please let me know if any of this is inaccurate -

ICOM has a minimum required MCAT at 50th percentile, which I believe I am too low for,
OCOM and DUQCOM have a cutoff at 500,
LUCOM has a cutoff at 499,
NoordaCOM words it that a "Minimum total score of 500 with subsection scores of 125 is preferred," does this automatically exclude me? I don't meet a 500 or subsection score.
For NYIT, I believe I already submitted consideration for only the NY campus :/ wish I could add in AR.

The rest I will work on submitting!
Ignore those cutoffs. Those new schools need to fill their classes and those are not hard cutoffs.

Ignore those cutoffs. Those new schools need to fill their classes and those are not hard cutoffs.
Thank you for that! On an update, I just received secondary invitations from CCOM, VCOM, LMUDCOM, BCOM, and AT Still!