This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted994703

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone. I made a post last year and was looking to get some advice on my school list this year. I retook the dat end of sept last year and ended up with 3 interviews. I did end up getting into the new California school CSNU but due to it opening in jan 2022 and being realizing its a risk attending a new school I decided to reapply. I really dont want to reapply for a third cycle so I appreciate any advice on any schools I should add or anything to improve my application. Thank you!

Date of submission: Verified 7/14
Overall GPA: 3.38
Science GPA: 3.3
DIY postbac at community college: GPA- 4.0 (17 units)
Masters GPA: 3.78
DAT score (include AA and all sections): second attempt: AA 19 TS 19 BIO 18 Ochem 19 genchem 20 RC 20 QR 16 PAT 18
first attempt: AA 18, TS 19, BIO 17, OC 20, GC 20, QR 17, RC 18, PAT 16
State of Residence: California

Major: biology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? yes
Nontrad? i think so?

Shadowing Experience: 300+ hours in general dentistry like 6 hours in virtual shadowing
Volunteering Experience: 800+ hours
Employment: my dads business, freelance tutor/dog sitter
Research: 100 hours

LOR type and strength: 3 science from my masters program (all new letters), 1 dentist (same letter from last cycle)- strong
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere: applied as disadvantage student and wrote an essay explaining my situation and reason for my low grades (not sure if this will help my chances)

School list:
WesternU
USC
UOP
UNLV
Midwestern AZ (already rejected)
ASDOH
NYU
UCLA & UCSF (my state schools, I know its a very high reach)
Colorado
Tufts

Do I even have a chance this cycle? is my dat the thing thats holding me back? Thank you!
what was your graduate gpa last cycle?

i just finished the program. last cycle i did a academic update from my first semester and had a 3.8
which schools did you receive interviews at, and is your list the same as last year?