WAMC + School List Help - 3.99/524 ORM - mediocre ECs/yield protection?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lionsfan13

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can aim high but you should also have schools like Rochester on your list. I suggest:

All MI schools (Wayne is closest to the Lions games)
NYU
UPenn
WUSTL
Johns Hopkins
Yale
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Harvard
Mayo Clinic
Case Western
Mount Sinai
UPitt
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Rochester
Dartmouth
Einstein
Hofstra
USF
UVA
Iowa
Wisconsin
Jefferson
SLU
UMass
Vermont
Miami
Tufts

What are you worried about...yield protection. No way. You will be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can aim high but you should also have schools like Rochester on your list. I suggest:

All MI schools (Wayne is closest to the Lions games)
NYU
UPenn
WUSTL
Johns Hopkins
Yale
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Harvard
Mayo Clinic
Case Western
Mount Sinai
UPitt
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Rochester
Dartmouth
Einstein
Hofstra
USF
UVA
Iowa
Wisconsin
Jefferson
SLU
UMass
Vermont
Miami
Tufts

Last edited:
Best to choose 25 to 30 schools Inc Ohio based to be safe. You also may be eligible for OOS fellowships which can change your decision from instate to OOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! Do you still think it would be beneficial to apply this broadly if I have a strong preference to stay close to home? (As in I would most likely only choose a school outside of Michigan, Ohio, and Illinois if it were the only place I got in)
You have good chances at MI and OH schools, but it is best to apply broadly still. And a scholarship may influence your decision depending on which in-state schools you get into.

Reactions: 1 user
Follow up question, what is your thought process for including schools like Vermont and UMass? Wouldn't it be low yield to apply to public OOS schools?
Vermont takes many OOS students due to the low population of Vermont. It is the opposite of most public OOS school. UMass reserves OOS spots for high stat applicants.