MD & DO WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dickbutkus

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Im new to this site, but i was wondering if you could look over my stats and tell me what I could do to improve/ accentuate in my application.

Year In School: Junior

State: Ohio

Schools: Many, all state schools, maybe some reaches, some DO. in all honesty whoever will take me

Cum GPA: 3.9 Sci GPA: 3.92

MCAT: May 2016

Research: 4 Publications (2 4th authors, 1 6th, and 1 9th) 4 Abstracts (1 2nd author, 2 6th authors, 1 8th author)( 1 of the abstracts is published in a major conference though) (500 hours total)

Volunteering Clinical (total hours probs 175-180?) related to my research, but I talk to patients help with charts occasionally, help our nurses take vitals and stuff like that. also volunteer at local hospital dont really do that much now. (20-25 hrs)

Shadowing: 250 hours total. Ortho, neurosurgery, IM, EM, Endocrinology, Anaesthesiology, Oncology, Cardiothoracic sx, shadowed a DO IM too (most of my hours are concentrated in IM)

Non clinical volunteering: Tutor G chem and O chem

Extracurrics: Officer to a local health organization and campus organization. secreatary of said campus organization. Honorary at school

Stuff I do for fun: on pickup basketball team
Foosball enthusiast

Employment: n/A

Immediate family members in medicine; Lol no

speciality: primary care academic medicine

No grad degrees

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is great and your ECs are great. It all depends on your MCAT now.

Last edited:
Grades are decent for an Ohio school (notoriously easy). Extracurrics are pretty ****ing awful. Tbh though you have good intentions, I don't see the "premed passion". Shame really. Have a good weekend

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Also lol foosball enthusiast seriously? dude kill yourself man

Also lol foosball enthusiast seriously? dude kill yourself man

Dude!! You don't say stuff like that! I think his application is awesome! I love your passion dickbutkus :)

Get in!! 520 MCAT!!! You'll be SOO awesome man!!! Let's kill the negativity everybody!!! (everybody) *raises hands* *cheers loudly* *applause*