wash U waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nike

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to withdraw because I'd much rather be in Chicago or (especially) NYC, and I think Northwestern is a better match for me, but I'm just curious, did other people on the Wash U waitlist receive an email from them recently? It just asked me if I wanted to continue being on the waitlist. I'm sure they send this to everyone, but then I remember that other post from that guy at NYU who received a similar email from NYU and then got in.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Nike,

I received that email last week, and I bet it asked the exact same questions it asked you. I have a feeling everyone got that email....funny, b/c I've been trying to show my continued interest through letters, etc, and then they bust this out. It makes me wonder if they got all my crap I sent in!!!

Seriously though, I think everyone got that email just to double check on their standing with WashU before the WL movement really begins. Hopefully someone will hear soon!!!!!!!!!

Good luck at Northwestern Nike, and good luck to everyone on the WL.....please post if you have heard or know anything about this enigmatic 'non-ranked' waitlist. :horns:

I believe they sent that to everyone. Also, someone a week or so ago asked the same question.

They probably sent it since many are graduating now are/will be moving home or elsewhere. Also, maybe to refresh their list.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey nike. Everyone got that e-mail. If you remember when you first signed up for the Wash u WL they sent a conformation e-mail that said they would send e-mails occasionally asking if you still wanted to be on the WL. I'm sure it was just sent out automatically so it doesn't mean they aren't getting your updates and LOI etc... If you feel that you would be happier going somewhere else by all means withdraw. Good luck. I have my fingers crossed :)

Thanks guys! I kind of figured they sent that to everyone. I'm going to go with my instincts and withdraw. Hopefully that will give those of you waiting a better chance! Good luck!

just as an FYI, though, i received that email and responded right away that it was my first choice, and the next day got the call that i'm in, so i think it does matter a little bit...

congrats. Now, I'm :( I've sent then a LOI and another update updating my publications stating that it was my top choice and I haven't heard a word. I guess they don't want me....

mem141 said:
just as an FYI, though, i received that email and responded right away that it was my first choice, and the next day got the call that i'm in, so i think it does matter a little bit...

no, no, no! don't give up! I've heard all sorts of things about how the first people to get off wait lists have connections, or have parents who went there, etc. it doesn't mean they don't 'want' you! Hang in there and keep waiting with optimism!

I don't know if the message was sent to everybody but a friend told me today her friend recently got off the waitlist. So that's evidence that the waitlist has started moving post May 15th.

Hang in there and all the best.

Anyone hear anything recently???

You and I must share the same pathos Felipe... I'll bet you've got the SDN scroll- scan for "Wash U" down to an art like I do :)

Other than the repeat "still interested" email, I haven't heard anything.

SticknRudder,

did you got 2 of those emails??

mmz6

Well, not two "still interested" emails, but two emails. The first was informing me of being placed on the waitlist, the second was the "still interested" one.

I meant repeat in the sense that they had the paper form only two weeks before sending the email.

Members don't see this ad :)
SticknRudder said:
You and I must share the same pathos Felipe... I'll bet you've got the SDN scroll- scan for "Wash U" down to an art like I do :)

Exactly the same, my friend, exactly.........it just really sucks not knowing what the heck is going on with such an enigmatic waitlist. My cellphone is practically attached to my ear at all times just in case I get the call *Sigh* :scared:

Do you think wash u has rejected any body ? Some these schools
WL = all interviewed - those that get admission..

Most schools tell you if you are in top 3rd or bottom 3rd of WL.

Does any one have any idea how long is wl ??? If I know I am in bottm of the list atleast i can go have a life instead of checking my emial every 10 mins.

:confused: can some one tell me how to do those poll things ? i want to do a poll to see how many accpets /wl / and rejects are for wash u ?
i bet zero rejects...
:idea:
Signs Your Life Is About To Change

11. You get email from Wash U if you still want to be on WL and it is now
August ? :(

10. While watching the news, you spot your spouse marching in a Gay
Pride parade.

9. The bank notifies you that your paycheck has bounced.

8. On a densely foggy morning, while driving in the center lane of a
highway, you suddenly run out of gas.

7. You arrive at your wedding to find, two ushers, four bridesmaids, and
six pallbearers.

6. You ask your doctor for a physical and he replies, "I'm sorry, I dont
do autopsies."

5. The IRS invites you to a weenie-roast and the invitation begins with
"Dear Weenie...".

6. While surfing the internet, you suddenly get the following diaglogue
box: "ICBM launch successful. Confirm strike? (Y/N)".

4. You receive an invitation from the Oval Office to "chew the fat".

3. You hear that your dentist has been arrested for using radioactive
material as tooth-filling.

2. At the vacant house next door, you notice a U-haul van and a truck
which looks very similiar to the one on the Beverly Hillbillies.

1. Your twelve-year-old daughter suddenly develops a craving for pickles
and ice cream.

jasmina said:
Do you think wash u has rejected any body ? Some these schools
WL = all interviewed - those that get admission..

Most schools tell you if you are in top 3rd or bottom 3rd of WL.

Does any one have any idea how long is wl ??? If I know I am in bottm of the list atleast i can go have a life instead of checking my emial every 10 mins.

Well from what I know about the Wash U waitlist (which is VERY limited) they actually call people to offer them an acceptance (it is not via email). So if you have a cell phone number that you gave them you might as well have a life instead of stressing about getting an email.
I haven't heard of anyone getting rejected post interview.
I also would REALLY like to know how many people are on the waitlist so that we can at least have an idea of where we stand. It is rather frustrating :mad:

Love4Radiohead said:
Well from what I know about the Wash U waitlist (which is VERY limited) they actually call people to offer them an acceptance (it is not via email). So if you have a cell phone number that you gave them you might as well have a life instead of stressing about getting an email.
I haven't heard of anyone getting rejected post interview.
I also would REALLY like to know how many people are on the waitlist so that we can at least have an idea of where we stand. It is rather frustrating :mad:

Has anyone bothered to ask the Admissions office where, approximately, they are on the waitlist? It seems like lots of people were waitlisted and I was going to call and see if there was any hope. Have any of you heard anything via email or phone regarding your place on "The List?" :confused:

dlchrist said:
Has anyone bothered to ask the Admissions office where, approximately, they are on the waitlist? It seems like lots of people were waitlisted and I was going to call and see if there was any hope. Have any of you heard anything via email or phone regarding your place on "The List?" :confused:

I have been going out of my mind for the past few months, so of course I have called to ask the Admissions Office :D
Well, they said that it is in fact an "unranked pool" and that they do not reveal any information about standing. Not very helpful info as you can imagine.
Maybe the information you receive depends on who you speak to on the phone.
At this point I have given up trying and just praying that they will give me a call.

I got off the waitlist on May 14 and I will be attending the school this fall. Like people have said, they notify you with a phone call (they called me at work). I wrote one letter and one email stating that Wash U was my first choice, so maybe they do look favorably upon such things. Im sure it wont hurt you anyway. I also know of cases were people have gotten off the waitlist in late July, so I would stick with it as long as possible if you really want to go there...good luck to all

danillini said:
I got off the waitlist on May 14 and I will be attending the school this fall. Like people have said, they notify you with a phone call (they called me at work). I wrote one letter and one email stating that Wash U was my first choice, so maybe they do look favorably upon such things. Im sure it wont hurt you anyway. I also know of cases were people have gotten off the waitlist in late July, so I would stick with it as long as possible if you really want to go there...good luck to all

Hey Congrats!! Good to know the waitlist is starting to move.
When you emailed them, did you just send a general email to the admissions office or did you email a specific person? If you don't mind sharing this info. Thanks and congrats again! :)

When I sent my first correspondance, which was a letter not an email, I believe I addressed it to the Commitee on Admissions. About the time that they sent out the email checking to see if I wanted to remain on the waiting list, I also received an e-mail from my interviewer telling me that he would keep me appraised if there were any changes in my status. I took that opportunity to send an email directly to the interviewer telling him that I was really interested in attending Wah U. Hope this helps...I know the waiting thing really isnt fun...I was waitlisted at five schools before this acceptance

Wow man, congratulations. So did your interviewer call you, or was it a different person??? Do you mind if I ask who you interviewed with?

bump... Any news on additional Wash U waitlist movement? Also, does anyone know what day of the week the adcom meets?

i haven't heard anything AT ALL.......I know the adcom used to meet every other Thursday to discuss acceptances, etc, but as for the waitlist meetings, I have no idea. The wait continues................

The list is moving. Someone I know got in today.

Thought I'd bump this sucker and see if anyone had heard anything lately........has anyone emailed Dr. Dodson and gotten any reply? Man oh man the pessimism is starting to sink in :(

Hey Felipe5 et al.,

I emailed dr. dodson last week with updates and asked if the list was still moving or finished and I still have gotten no reply from him. I called the general admin office yesterday and was told that there are still some spaces. At this point, I don't think updates or new letters of intent/recommendation can help, we can just wait. Oh I do hate the waiting game...............

baddreams55 said:
Hey Felipe5 et al.,

I emailed dr. dodson last week with updates and asked if the list was still moving or finished and I still have gotten no reply from him. I called the general admin office yesterday and was told that there are still some spaces. At this point, I don't think updates or new letters of intent/recommendation can help, we can just wait. Oh I do hate the waiting game...............

hey baddreams,

its always great to get responses from you....i just wish we could be classmates so we could one day reminsce about the HELL that was WL limbo over some potent drinks served to us either in a posh bar either in St. Loueee or Philly. Anyway thanks for the info. I was just about to PM you and see if you had called WashU. Kudos on your motivation. I'm considering emailing Dr. Dodson myself one last time and do the whole intent thing, but I'm not sure.....i feel that I've done enough already w/ my 2 LOI's, updates, etc etc. So, back we go into limbo....the pessimism is rising day by day, and as we all know, waitlist pessimism is inversely proportional to ego :(

Keep those finger's crossed

F

Anyone hear anything recently? Figured I should bump this for the new month, although I have pretty much given up on this school. :(

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything and am feelin' kinda bummed about it........... i just got back from this bar I don't frequent regularly and I saw a girl from my school who interviewed w/ me on the same day. She got waitlisted, but about a month afterwards (mid-to-late may), she got in......talking to her kinda put a bummer on my night out (I try to NOT think about waitlist-ville when i'm out on the town), but really, I'm happy for her.....she's an amazing applicant and cool person to boot. Still, I'm envious :(
*sigh*

Sorry, no word yet. But hang in there July is a new month and you never know what will happen... :oops: