Washington State Univeristy c/o 2025 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have they already finished awarding all seats to OOS Pullman or is anyone still waiting to hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven’t heard anything via email, phone, or snailmail

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
someone mentioned getting a waitlist letter via snailmail so I'm just waiting for my sad letter to come thru

Are all of the OOS acceptances, so far, been from WICHE states? Are there still more OOS acceptances to be released?
I am not a WICHE state (CA) but OOS, got an acceptance to the Logan campus on Friday last week. Hope this helps in some way!

As mixedanimals77 said, it's probably most people who interviewed, so looking at the OOS stats from last year (1115 applied,173 interviewed, 41 offers,15 admitted), I'd guess somewhere from 150-200 depending on how they wanted to approach a COVID admissions year. Regardless, I doubt the WSU waitlist moves as much as, say, the UW Madison waitlist that I am on (90-150 spot movement) given they have 15 OOS seats and the coveted in-state tuition after 1st year.
I haven’t heard anything via email, phone, or snailmail
Same here. Nothing. OOS also

I emailed admissions earlier today because I didn't hear anything 3 weeks after my interview. When they responded they said that the admissions decision is in the mail and that it was probably delayed because of weather. Hopefully the rest of us OOS will all get our decisions soon.

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed admissions earlier today because I didn't hear anything 3 weeks after my interview. When they responded they said that the admissions decision is in the mail and that it was probably delayed because of weather. Hopefully the rest of us OOS will all get our decisions soon.
Do we know if they call all acceptances or do some only get it by mail?

Do we know if they call all acceptances or do some only get it by mail?
I was definitely expecting a phone call (my WA resident classmate got one!) but I got an offer email about 2.5 weeks after my non-resident interview, so no, it's not always a phone call. I still have not received my admissions offer letter in the mail but just emailed about hopefully getting it in email form instead. Hope this helps you in some way!

Just wondering are their job opportunities in Pullman for people just starting out in vet med? My boyfriend of 5 years will most likely be moving with me wherever I go, and he is thinking of going into vet med as well. To make a long story short, he’s graduating with a Chemistry degree, and he almost switched to pre vet freshman year but got discouraged. He realized recently that chemistry doesn’t make him happy, and would like to move with me to hopefully gain residency while also getting vet experience during his gap year and then apply in 2022. Would this be feasible in Pullman?

Just wondering are their job opportunities in Pullman for people just starting out in vet med? My boyfriend of 5 years will most likely be moving with me wherever I go, and he is thinking of going into vet med as well. To make a long story short, he’s graduating with a Chemistry degree, and he almost switched to pre vet freshman year but got discouraged. He realized recently that chemistry doesn’t make him happy, and would like to move with me to hopefully gain residency while also getting vet experience during his gap year and then apply in 2022. Would this be feasible in Pullman?
There are limited opportunities to gain veterinary experience.
Not impossible, though less likely in Pullman than in Moscow or Lewiston.

There may be part time opportunities at the school, but there is a strong preference to higher WSU students (CVM or undergrad). There are occasionally emails sent out to CVM students asking if anyone's spouse or partner is looking for work but these are generally front desk jobs.

You can more easily find general animal experience (working at a dairy, farm, etc)

There are limited opportunities to gain veterinary experience.
Not impossible, though less likely in Pullman than in Moscow or Lewiston.

There may be part time opportunities at the school, but there is a strong preference to higher WSU students (CVM or undergrad). There are occasionally emails sent out to CVM students asking if anyone's spouse or partner is looking for work but these are generally front desk jobs.

You can more easily find general animal experience (working at a dairy, farm, etc)
Thanks for the insight! I was thinking Moscow or Lewiston may have more opportunities. Im trying to think of everything when it comes to choosing between Oregon and Washington, so this helps :)

For those of you on the IS waitlist, I will be declining my seat so hopefully one of you guys gets pulled from it! Best of luck to you all!!

(please don’t come for me about tuition, I have good reasons!)

Members don't see this ad :)
If I had been in a position to pick UMN, I probably would have, too
Yup, I joined the Army for a reason and I definitely think it’s paid off (literally lol). Best and worst decision I ever made!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the insight! I was thinking Moscow or Lewiston may have more opportunities. Im trying to think of everything when it comes to choosing between Oregon and Washington, so this helps :)
I specifically know I think its paws in moscow should be hiring 2 vet assistants in April/May when my classmates leave

Just got letter. Waitlisted. If anyone has any idea how many on list please post

I specifically know I think its paws in moscow should be hiring 2 vet assistants in April/May when my classmates leave
Good to know, thank you! Do you happen to know if working in Idaho somehow messes with gaining residency in Washington or do you just have to live in the state?

Good to know, thank you! Do you happen to know if working in Idaho somehow messes with gaining residency in Washington or do you just have to live in the state?
Oof. I dont remember. I know for sure DL, voting, and address all have to be WA. My job was on campus so I didnt have to think about that. If it's for your boyfriend I would think he would be considered WA resident when he goes to apply since he's not taking classes. For you as a student though I'm not sure. The best thing would be to contact the registrar's office on main campus and ask.

OOS non-WICHE and I was accepted to the Logan campus (got an email). I am deciding between graduate school and vet school, but if I do decide to attend vet school I will definitely be accepting my seat at WSU!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
OOS non-WICHE and I was accepted to the Logan campus (got an email). I am deciding between graduate school and vet school, but if I do decide to attend vet school I will definitely be accepting my seat at WSU!
If you don’t mind me asking, what day/time did you receive this email? TYIA!

Anyone else still waiting on the mailed decision from WSU Pullman campus?

I just received my OOS waitlist letter in the mail. Will be removing myself from the list

Just got my OOS waitlist letter for Pullman campus in the mail, will probably remain on it just to see what happens

• Care
There's usually no waitlist movement/people don't hear anything until about a week after the national deadline for acceptance
Does anyone know if many OOS people drop after receiving the email asking what campus they would be willing to go to if accepted

Does anyone know if many OOS people drop after receiving the email asking what campus they would be willing to go to if accepted
I'm not sure I understand your question. People are asked to preference their campus during interviews and their offers specify which campus they've been admitted to.
Overall theres usually little movement for the pullman campus and more movement for the logan campus because of tuition differences-I hope that answered your question.

I'm not sure I understand your question. People are asked to preference their campus during interviews and their offers specify which campus they've been admitted to.
Overall theres usually little movement for the pullman campus and more movement for the logan campus because of tuition differences-I hope that answered your question.
I think you did, I’ll explain better. I am on the OOS waitlist, and yesterday received an email asking if I would be willing to go to either campus if accepted or not interested any more at all. Just wondering at this point would people be declining this making the waitlist shorter. I guess I’m really just trying to see if waitlist has gotten any shorter. I only got waitlisted to 2 schools and no acceptances.

I think you did, I’ll explain better. I am on the OOS waitlist, and yesterday received an email asking if I would be willing to go to either campus if accepted or not interested any more at all. Just wondering at this point would people be declining this making the waitlist shorter. I guess I’m really just trying to see if waitlist has gotten any shorter. I only got waitlisted to 2 schools and no acceptances.
Ah that makes sense. Sounds like they're confirming interest and I would imagine the waitlist is getting shorter because the national deadline is coming up.

Thanks, and me too😊
I think its a bit hard to choose because like said before, Pullman has cheaper tuition but has more spots. Whereas Logan is more expensive but less spots. If it were me (which is what I selected on VMCAS, and how I ended up accepted to Logan) I would be open to both places. But if you are definitely not interested in Logan then never-mind but I think it's worth being open to it. Again, probably won't hear much about movement until April 15th but I would think Logan may have more movement than Pullman.

Just accepted my WSU WICHE seat! Nothing like waiting til the last second but now that I’ve done it I’m really excited 😊.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Anyone know how many OOS were waitlisted?

Have any other out of state students gotten their financial letter and notice that the loan amount covers the total cost for instate and not out of state? Am I missing something?

Did anyone get a final update on the waitlist? I can't find my initial letter, so I forgot if there was a final waitlist date or not. I know the vet school started classes on Monday, but I was wondering if anyone got an email letting them know they are no longer taking waitlist students and that we officially need to reapply?

Did anyone get a final update on the waitlist? I can't find my initial letter, so I forgot if there was a final waitlist date or not. I know the vet school started classes on Monday, but I was wondering if anyone got an email letting them know they are no longer taking waitlist students and that we officially need to reapply?
Considering the first day of classes have started I would reapply if you were interested as they won't pull after D1 of classes. They usually don't send an email in my experience.