You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Washington State University c/o 2024
Started by Sunshine in a Storm
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just curious, were in state rejections also sent out at the same time as acceptances?
You also have to consider they only interview 20-25 idaho residents for 11 spots compared to ~170 out of state. That’s a lot more applications to go through.anyone think we might here back today for OOS since idaho residents heard back only a week after last interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email 2 years ago followed by a snail mail packetDo we know how they normally tell out of state?
I would assume so. From what I've heard is all decisions were finalized. I don't think they outright reject any IS people after interviews, merely a waitlist. If you haven't got anything I would call and ask-that way you can get all the stuff you need either way.Just curious, were in state rejections also sent out at the same time as acceptances?
I got an email 2 years ago followed by a snail mail packet
Thanks!
Snooky11meli
U of Edinburgh c/o 2024!!
I checked last years thread and the last OOS interview was on Feb 1st (a Friday) and they gave their acceptances Feb 12th, the Tuesday a week and a half after. Today is that Tuesday so just keep your eyes peeled! We’re getting close!
Any OOS hear anything?
Snooky11meli
U of Edinburgh c/o 2024!!
Nope! I’m hoping for tomorrow!Any OOS hear anything?
vetschoolapplicantc/o2024
Full Member
Does anyone know if OOS will hear via phone or email?
Historically by phone firstDoes anyone know if OOS will hear via phone or email?
Has anyone called to see if we will for sure be hearing by today? I know they said two weeks but not sure if we should be waiting all day nervous
Does anyone know if OOS will hear via phone or email?
In my experience it was email. No phone callHistorically by phone first
Snooky11meli
U of Edinburgh c/o 2024!!
Hopelessly trying to preoccupy my time with planning a Valentine’s Day date for my dogs LOL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
vetschoolapplicantc/o2024
Full Member
Has anyone heard?
Snooky11meli
U of Edinburgh c/o 2024!!
Nope! Are we sure today is the day? Because all I know is from word of mouthHas anyone heard?
It should be either today or tomorrow since they said 2 weeks after end of interviews, but I thought it would be today since I wouldn't think they would tell us on a Saturday
MooCow1137
Full Member
ACCEPTANCES JUST WENT OUT
lilacpearl
New Member
MooCow1137
Full Member
Email.... it's so quiet I'm actually worried it was an accident
Snooky11meli
U of Edinburgh c/o 2024!!
What does your last name start with?Email.... it's so quiet I'm actually worried it was an accident
No email, oh well guess it's a rejection ♂️
congrats!! did you get an email or phone call?OOS ACCEPTANCE AT PULLMAN!!!!!!
MooCow1137
Full Member
TWhat does your last name start with?
Congrats to all accepted-pm me or ask here if you have any questions I'd be happy to help if I can! There's an official FB page for you all once you formally accept. For those of you who did not hear what you had hoped- getting in OOS is extremely difficult and even getting an interview here is a HUGE accomplishment, you should be proud of yourself!
Email (last name starts withD)congrats!! did you get an email or phone call?
Snooky11meli
U of Edinburgh c/o 2024!!
Welp silence on my end, congrats to those that got in!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Silence on my end too
I didn’t hear anything either.
vetschoolapplicantc/o2024
Full Member
Does silence mean a rejection?
I don’t know for sure, but at my interview I got the impression it was more acceptance or waitlist after interviewingDoes silence mean a rejection?
Aspiringdogtor
New Member
Do you know if all acceptances have been sent?Congrats to all accepted-pm me or ask here if you have any questions I'd be happy to help if I can! There's an official FB page for you all once you formally accept. For those of you who did not hear what you had hoped- getting in OOS is extremely difficult and even getting an interview here is a HUGE accomplishment, you should be proud of yourself!
I don't know 100% for sure. Unfortunately, I would say it's probably safe to assume so since there are only ~30 spots between both campuses. They would have sent out all of the letters today formally informing everyone of their status-accepted/which campus/waitlist.Do you know if all acceptances have been sent?
Aspiringdogtor
New Member
Ok, thank you!I don't know 100% for sure. Unfortunately, I would say it's probably safe to assume so since there are only ~30 spots between both campuses. They would have sent out all of the letters today formally informing everyone of their status-accepted/which campus/waitlist.
Snooky11meli
U of Edinburgh c/o 2024!!
I’m for sure asking for a review so I can be better next year. I’m really curious as to what schools look for!
Congrats on those who were accepted!!
But to answer for your question, at least for IS, my portal was only updated after I accepted my offer at WSU.
But to answer for your question, at least for IS, my portal was only updated after I accepted my offer at WSU.
Has anyone else been accepted/did anyone get an email about being waitlisted?? While I am assuming rejection I thought my interview went very well and I’ve only seen the two posts above about acceptances (nothing on the APVMA facebook group which seems odd), is it possible they haven’t sent them all out? or at least did not send out any waitlists? or maybe everyone accepted is just being quiet but if that’s the case please let us know 🙂
dairygal16
New Member
For me the portal updated 2/14 at around 5:00 PM and I received an email around 8:00 PM. I am accepted to the Utah campus, not sure if that make a difference or not as to when you hear!Just curious... for those accepted, did the application portal update at all for you?
lilacpearl
New Member
Those that were accepted OOS, did you guys all get an offer for Pullman or the Utah campus? This is my second time applying and I improved in the aspects that Dr. Talcott wanted me to improve on which wasn't much or difficult and I haven't heard anything and I'm starting to feel really hopeless because I thought this year was a better year than being waitlisted last year.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using SDN mobile
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using SDN mobile
Those that were accepted OOS, did you guys all get an offer for Pullman or the Utah campus?
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using SDN mobile
I got into the pullman campus and my portal also has been updated
Congratulations to all that were accepted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you OOS Utah campus?For me the portal updated 2/14 at around 5:00 PM and I received an email around 8:00 PM. I am accepted to the Utah campus, not sure if that make a difference or not as to when you hear!
dairygal16
New Member
OOS yes!Are you OOS Utah campus?
Awesome, congrats! I’ll be seeing you in the fall!OOS yes!
I’m curious as to how they pick OOS Utah vs Pullman. Did they ask you or how did that work?
Awesome, congrats! I’ll be seeing you in the fall!
I’m curious as to how they pick OOS Utah vs Pullman. Did they ask you or how did that work?
They explained to us that if you have a preference, they first consider you for that campus. If it fills before it gets to you they consider you for the other campus (if you said you’d want to be in both).
My portal hasn't updated yet - anyone else in the same boat? I'm guessing it means rejection but I'm just confused why it hasn't updated to say so
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K