WCVM c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did just finish - I'm not SUPER concerned about that now, more about my experience. A friend emailed WCVM and someone from UBC got in with an 80% last year. Also, the GPA just got bumped up to 75 from 70% this year, probably because a lot of people with averages that were too low were applying …

I mean, if absolutely necessary I can re-take courses … but I don't know how WCVM looks at that. I think that if I get my hours up, I will more than make up for my low-ish average with extracurriculars and my employment throughout university.

(It's weird to say my average is low when most of my friends have averages in the 60s … haha but I guess that's the difference between people applying to graduate programs and those just trying to make it through a Bachelors'.)

they have a quota for aboriginal students. So if they don't get many aboriginal applicants, then in theory, an applicant with a 78% could get in. that's what I thought when I saw that someone with a 78% got in.

Members don't see this ad.

they have a quota for aboriginal students. So if they don't get many aboriginal applicants, then in theory, an applicant with a 78% could get in. that's what I thought when I saw that someone with a 78% got in.

Aboriginal applicants are generally taken under "equity", not as an applicant from their province.

And to be honest, the reason I'm not too concerned about my marks is that I don't know many people with marks higher than mine in my program … I'm not saying it's impossible, I just know that my marks are pretty good. Not the best and they may come back to haunt me, but seriously? I can count on my hand the number of people I know who have an average more than 3% higher than mine, all faculties included.

That being said, I still feel that I could have done better in school, but oh well. We'll see what WCVM says.

Also, RDC says the GPA accepted is generally approximately 2.70 - 3.30, whereas when my grades at UBC are converted to GPA it becomes a 3.7-3.8.

ALSO my best year is weighted higher, and it's an 86.

(Not that comparing myself to Alberta residents will help at all - but when comparing my low 80s average with a mark from, say, UFV in Abbotsford, mine is considered higher.)