This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know a few people got told they had to do ridiculous things like add mud flaps to a sedan car (lol) so I'd probably try and be careful where you go.

Lol wut. Seriously?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If any of you guys who got into UCVM want to meet up for dinner/coffee/whatever to discuss the school, get some life advice from a 4th year, etc. let me know! I will be around for all of August SAR and I have done this in the past and I think people found it useful! She's just not around this year to join me

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So happy for you @sunnyvetstudent!!! :clap:

Does anyone know when they send the official rejection letter to people who haven't gotten in from the wait list? I know that I'm waaaaay too far down on the wait list to be accepted this year but I'm really looking forward to some closure. I guess they say the process is complete July 1st but I read this article on the net about this student who got a call on August 26th??? A rare case but I don't want to be left hanging that long! I'll lose my mind haha

Reactions: 1 user
So happy for you @sunnyvetstudent!!! :clap:

Does anyone know when they send the official rejection letter to people who haven't gotten in from the wait list? I know that I'm waaaaay too far down on the wait list to be accepted this year but I'm really looking forward to some closure. I guess they say the process is complete July 1st but I read this article on the net about this student who got a call on August 26th??? A rare case but I don't want to be left hanging that long! I'll lose my mind haha
They will still call people even if classes have already started (if it is still within the first little bit), so don't expect an official rejection anytime soon haha.

For anyone who is interested I started a WCVM class of 2023 group on Facebook!

Reactions: 1 users
I got into WCVM today off the waitlist from BC!! :D So excited to meet everyone!!! :)

Reactions: 9 users
For anyone who is interested I started a WCVM class of 2023 group on Facebook!

Update: I called the "unofficial wcvm class of 2023" since I just found out the last years students make a group for the first years. Anyway, join if you would like to network and whatnot before that group is up.

Update: I called the "unofficial wcvm class of 2023" since I just found out the last years students make a group for the first years. Anyway, join if you would like to network and whatnot before that group is up.
Yeah lol, we will make you guys an official group once we get the class list. It's just a lot easier if you can screen the people joining (since last year several people tried to join who weren't in the class).

Yeah lol, we will make you guys an official group once we get the class list. It's just a lot easier if you can screen the people joining (since last year several people tried to join who weren't in the class).
Perfect, makes sense. I'll delete this group once the offical one is up!

I even didn't have to pay the PST they hit a lot of people with (not sure why not but I'm not asking lol).

If you bring a vehicle in from out of province to insure it in Saskatchewan and it isn't exempt you may have to pay a % of it's value to the government to get it insured. I didn't, and a friend didn't, but several other people did. So you will want to look into that since depending on your vehicle that could be a decent chunk of money.
I believe if vehicle’s value below $5k it’s exempt from pst in Sk

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, We're looking at buying a home in Saskatoon and possible having a suite in it. If anyone needs a place, pet-friendly with 3 friendly dogs upstairs, shoot me a message! It'll be me and my husband upstairs, a first-year vet student and a shift worker so it'll be quite!

For those of you going to WCVM this fall, what are you guys doing for living situations? Just curious what peoples plans are

For those of you going to WCVM this fall, what are you guys doing for living situations? Just curious what peoples plans are

I already live in Saskatoon, but Paige from WCVM sent out a housing list today if you didn't see that yet! Also, there are people on the facebook page "Unoffical WCVM class of 2023" who plan to have roomates so you could post there as well :)

I know that provinces pay for each student $100,000 annually, that adds up to almost half a million for the four year program. Student pays $11,000 tuition annually.
I have a question, are those that got in from Saskatchewan pool (as an example)but after graduating decided to practice out of the province Saskatchewan for instance or out of the country. Are they required to compensate the subsidized difference to the province of origin? Thanks

I know that provinces pay for each student $100,000 annually, that adds up to almost half a million for the four year program. Student pays $11,000 tuition annually.
I have a question, are those that got in from Saskatchewan pool (as an example)but after graduating decided to practice out of the province Saskatchewan for instance or out of the country. Are they required to compensate the subsidized difference to the province of origin? Thanks
No, once you get in you pay the ~11,000 per year and that is it. You can do whatever you want with no financial strings attached after graduation.

Opened up a spot at WCVM for AB residents. Hopefully someone gets some good news today or tomorrow!

Hey guys, has anyone heard anything more from UCVM after accepting the offer and paying their deposit? Or does anyone know approximately when we’ll hear more information about the program, ie. confirmation of the class being finalized, orientation dates, etc?

Hey guys, has anyone heard anything more from UCVM after accepting the offer and paying their deposit? Or does anyone know approximately when we’ll hear more information about the program, ie. confirmation of the class being finalized, orientation dates, etc?
I know someone who just came off the waitlist so I think it's not finalized quite yet. It kind of sounded like they are sending the package by mail so it might still be a couple more weeks but that's just a guess

Usually one will be made for you in July or August! :)

I should add to this that you can totally join the group "UCVM Marketplace" as I know people post on there to find roommates, etc!

I feel like my welcome package came suuuuper late, way later than expected at least. If you look up old threads from previous years, I know most times people will post when those things start coming out

I feel like my welcome package came suuuuper late, way later than expected at least. If you look up old threads from previous years, I know most times people will post when those things start coming out

Do you remember if it was mailed or sent by email? I could have sworn I read something about receiving it in the mail but now I can't find where that was

Hello everyone!

Who's looking for a place to rent???

I am actually a pre-vet student (applying my first time this fall) but I live in Calgary and I have just started renting a massive 2 bedroom apartment! I live in University Heights where you can literally see the Foothills hospital from my balcony and UofC is a 10-minute walk away. It is absolutely the best location any vet/med student could ask for and the building is very well maintained, secure, and safe!! I'd love to network with other veterinary students so if anyone out there is interested let me know! I just moved in last week and as it is I have so much extra space I could easily fit another 2 people here :)

All the best to all you lucky ducks who got in for c/o 2023!!

Has anyone gotten their UCVM welcome package yet? I know we got an email last week but I still haven't had mine come in.

I’m basically wondering do you guys think it’s unrealistic and way too late to get my **** together and apply to WCVM in the next 2 years (my only option as I’m a NWT resident), or could I potentially still get an interview at least if I do well academically in my next 1-2 years of undergrad if I take more courses per semester ? Thanks I’m advance, don’t be afraid to be honest!

I don't think it's too late, especially because you're from a northern province where there are very few applicants. I know multiple of people (myself included) who were able to bounce back and still be accepted into the college after a period of subpar grades. Under certain unique circumstances, the WCVM may even drop your worst year of marks from your application average.

However, I think you truly need to sit back and think about whether or not you will be able to handle the course load that comes with vet school. For example, the first semester of second year consists of 10 full-time courses. Have you been able to pinpoint why you are underperforming in school? Figuring this out will be crucial if you want to improve your marks enough to be accepted to the WCVM.

Hi all, question From undergrad noob looking to apply to wcvm in spring2022.. from what I understand wcvm takes your gpa from your 2 years of 4 course semesters. Thus far, I have only been able to afford 3 courses/ 12-14 credits per semester,that this considered full time at my Uni so I wasn’t aware of wcvms 4 course standard until recently . (Also trying to save loans from grad school). I have taken 4 courses a semester before but the courses weren’t for credit, So I know i can handle 4 courses. I plan on taking 4 courses\16 credits in my winter semester this year but in relation to when I apply to wcvm I would have only had 2 or 3 semesters of 16+ credits. is it still worth applying with such little course experience, or should I hold off on applying until I get 4 semesters of 16+ credits? I realize on average in vet school I’m looking at over 20 credits per semester :)

Also, im wondering what other people’s pre-vet school experience look like?academically and job wise,I want to know how much more experience/what type of experience I should look more into. Currently, work wise, I have 4 years of working as a wildlife rehab assistant and close to 1 year working and volunteering at a dog/cat only clinic, and about the same working as a kennel attendant at SPCA. (I had 2 jobs at the Same time some years). im starting volunteer work at a farm animal sanctuary As an animal keeper/cleaner this year as well but I won’t be working under a vet there. Academically I’m pursuing a bachelors in Bio with a GIS certification (for my plan B) But I likely won’t finish my bachelors by the time I apply to wcvm my first time. ive seen alot of people who apply and already have a masters so I’m wondering if I’m Lala land thinking I can get in with not even my bachelors finished.

Lastly! Sorry I have so many questions, what is the application process like? I know there are forms and such and an essay I have to send in, but is there some type of entrance exam you have to write after or during interviews? How many interviews are there? Are they all in person?