Weird Medical Interviews, and Anal Interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoeDaMan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I devote a good question to all the dumb future medical questions we will be asked and maybe we can all help each other out tackle these questions....

Of course we are all going to have individual replies that vary, but it ain't a bad idea to hear these anal questions, so we don't get a jolt in the interview and say "I don't know" and look awfully stupid

Anyway, these are some dumb questions I heard from my friends who went through the process. Let me know of questions u guys are aware of and how you would tackle them....

ok here they are:

"If you could be any animal in the world what would you be, and why?" (deep profound question)

"Up to the age of 14, what is the thing that you regret the most in your life?"

"Considering your good looks, why haven't you become a model" (I am glad us guys don't get dumb questions like that :D)

"If a patient sexually touched you during a physical medical check up what would you do?

anybody else know any other as**nine question?

I heard this from a friend and it ain't a joke...it is so stupid....

"If Saddam Hussein ever took over the USA, and he banned women from medical school, what would you do and why?" (Like I would be more considered with more important things, rather than women getting into medical school....sigh!!!) :D no offense to women

How would you guys tackle such dumb idiotic questions? I think they just want you to think and say something rational rather than looking stupid, and saying "I dont know"

the following aren't that bad, but requires some thinking ahead of time....

These are good ones

"What is the most important lesson you have learned in life?"

"Has anyone in your life, changed your perspective on the world?"

"If you were working in a Third World country, and the spread of AIDS was reaching astronomical proportions? What are the steps of prevention, and educational outreach that you would take?"

This is so funny,

I couldnt stop laughing...

the interviewer asks my friend,

"What is the primary reason that you want to become a physician?" I laughed my a** off when I heard this reply...he said

"I believe it is my G-d given duty to practice medicine...." lool

and the funny part, was that he was sincere and he really meant it. He actually meant, G-d placed me on this earth, so that I would help other pple and of course it came out differently...

then the interviewer asked him, so up to now what have you regretted the most in ur life?

He replied, "I am an extremely well rounded person, and during the last years I have tried everything that I would ever want to try, so I dont regret anything"....poor guy, he is really sincere, but I think the interviewer completely destroyed him...or rather, he destroyed himself

no wonder he didnt get into that school....he said "I got the feeling thta the interviewer really didn't get to like me"

:D no duh!

anybody else know of other dumb questions, how would you guys tackle it :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, man, when you add on some more years of living, become an MD, a medical school faculty member and serve on an admissions committee, you will discover not only that these have been fairly common interview questions for years, but whatever answer an interviewee gives affords some insight into the applicant. More so if the student is bold enough to say "what kind of stupid question is that?" Or, "you must be kidding me, man!"

On the other hand, the question or remark about becoming a model has been a big-time no-no for years, particularly if it was a woman being interviewed by either a woman or a man. If the interviewee was offended and bold enough, s/he could have terminated the interview, marched out to the admissions office, reported the incident and demanded another interviewer there and then. The medical school would tread carefully on a decision to reject.

Originally posted by gower:
•On the other hand, the question or remark about becoming a model has been a big-time no-no for years, particularly if it was a woman being interviewed by either a woman or a man.•

What other options are there? The only two types of interviewers I can think of are women and men. ;)

I think this point wasn't supposed to read like that, but that was my initial reaction. I later saw that you meant when a woman is interviewed, regardless of the sex of the interviewer. That's what you meant, right?