1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Weird Spread... What to do....

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by endo602, Mar 14, 2007.

1. endo602

endo602 New Member
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I just took the January 29th test (CBT). I got a 12 6 12. I was told to retake the test. So I am going to be taking the test again on April 12th.
    This will be my third time. My verbal went up one point from the first to the second. Can I expect it to go up two points in 1 month?

I need to apply in June right away.

Any suggestions???

2. sexyman

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    well id like to say good job on the sciences!

If you don't expect it to go up 2 points in one month it won't...I think that once you get the hang of it it will go up even more than two points, your obviously very intelligent.

Stay confident and do lots of verbal passages!

3. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Is English your second language?

I would suggest practice it and try to figure out what types of questions you miss and why. You are starting low so it can be easier to jump to a 8 or 9.

Great sciences scores!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    OP
    endo602

endo602 New Member
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    English is my first language.

I do expect the scores to go up. On practices I have gotten as high as 10. I did apply for more time but got rejected. Any suggestions?

I am taking a verbal section everyday and every other day I am studying sciences for an hour to keep up on it. I will be taking a full length every Sunday. I believe four full lengths. I am even thinking of getting a private tutor for verbal from TPR. Tell me what you think.

Should I retake? Or can I apply with what I have?

Thanks in advance.

5. Davjc2009

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    A VR score of 6 will not pass a lot of initial screens.
    Take it over. Still apply in June. Keep practicing ridiculously for verbal and stay sharp in your sciences.

6. OP
    OP
    endo602

endo602 New Member
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    should i take in April to get my score back before June?

7. Davjc2009

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    With the new CBT format you could take it in May and get your scores back in June.

8. OP
    OP
    endo602

endo602 New Member
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I start classes in May and I all the location close to me are booked for May

:( that sux.

9. Phoenix.

Phoenix. Emdee Jaydee
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    Endo: I'm assuming that there will be some people giving up their seats to reschedule (i.e., they don't feel prepared and want another month or two), so that some May seats may open up in early to mid-April. If you don't mind paying the $50 fee to change the date, I'd keep checking if I were you. If you sign up for an April exam, just make a note of the last date they'll let you make changes to your registration, and if you haven't gotten a May date by then, well.... Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. OP
    OP
    endo602

endo602 New Member
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    thanks

what if i lose my science info? Will a decrease in science make up for an increase in verbal?

11. Davjc2009

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

Keep practicing sciences but focus most of your time on verbal.