Western 2013 - Who's Applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope so! But no need to worry as my cats would attest I too am a CCL:laugh:. Besides I have seen a huge increase in feline only vet offices, the BMW's of vet practices, maybe?

As a former employee of one of those cats-only practices, I would beg to differ with the "BMW" description. They may market themselves as such, and some may even deliver. But I can attest to the existence of those that cannot. 😉
 
yeah... I know....only ten and only about ten in the 2011 class as well....but on the up side the DO's and Pharm students have a greater pool of men!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Its about time some of this love gets spread around to the other guys....specifically me. This poor "tall Asian guy" is going to need security/rape protection.
 
😱! Good luck with that!

On a more pity-party (maybe paranoid?) note: remember when we were having problems getting ahold of our respective counselors? Well, I emailed about 3 times, cc'd Karen, phoned, and finally got ahold of my counselor this morning in order to update my file. I got this complete apathy vibe from her, and when I was busy typing up the email with my courseload update, it dawned on me: "I didn't get in--that's why I've been blown off. And my typing this email is a complete waste of energy."

I guess in less than one month, I'll know whether this was sheer paranoia, or if my hunch was right...
 
😱! Good luck with that!

On a more pity-party (maybe paranoid?) note: remember when we were having problems getting ahold of our respective counselors? Well, I emailed about 3 times, cc'd Karen, phoned, and finally got ahold of my counselor this morning in order to update my file. I got this complete apathy vibe from her, and when I was busy typing up the email with my courseload update, it dawned on me: "I didn't get in--that's why I've been blown off. And my typing this email is a complete waste of energy."

I guess in less than one month, I'll know whether this was sheer paranoia, or if my hunch was right...

don't get so paranoid!!!!! what are you updating them about???? fall transcripts? i just think they are extremely busy with the admission cycle, and i'm pretty sure they don't know anything (whether we are accepted or not at this point) so don't stress over it. just relax. i'm pretty sure they've seen all of your emails, etc, and are probably overwhelmed as much as we are. maybe a bit more with all the paperwork, vs. us just waiting. western is really good at communicating, so don't sweat it!
 
Catnapper, I've had the same problem and thought the same exact thing as you! I sent my counselor an email early January...after waiting a week for a reply I decided to pick up the phone. I called twice, only to get her answering machine saying she was buisy with interviews...so I left a nice message...no return of phone call....dropped another email just last week, no reply, cc'd it to Karen...got an "out of office" auto-reply from her...and no response from her yet... ::sigh:: Before interviews, they were so quick at replying...I think them are EXTREMELY buisy. I've heard absolutely NO NEWS from them...interview/rejection...NOTHING! Supposedly some people have received rejection letters...so I was trying to contact them just to see if perhaps mine was lost in the mail?! I know that sounds terrible but after last year I was left heart broken by Iowa. Their rejection letter never made it to my inbox and I kept thinking wow, they must still be considering me! I called February only to find out I should have received a rejection letter months ago!! That was terrible!
 
Supposedly some people have received rejection letters...so I was trying to contact them just to see if perhaps mine was lost in the mail?! I know that sounds terrible but after last year I was left heart broken by Iowa. Their rejection letter never made it to my inbox and I kept thinking wow, they must still be considering me! I called February only to find out I should have received a rejection letter months ago!! That was terrible!
Where did you hear about rejection letters maybe being sent, or are you just talking about the initial rejection letters that were sent out? That is horrible about Iowa enough to make anyone be gun shy.

​
 
don't get so paranoid!!!!! what are you updating them about???? fall transcripts? i just think they are extremely busy with the admission cycle, and i'm pretty sure they don't know anything (whether we are accepted or not at this point) so don't stress over it. just relax. i'm pretty sure they've seen all of your emails, etc, and are probably overwhelmed as much as we are. maybe a bit more with all the paperwork, vs. us just waiting. western is really good at communicating, so don't sweat it!
Actually, I changed my spring coursework plans, and I was nervous because their file review last year said that I had too many pre-reqs underway. I did finally get through. But I really hope you're right! 😳
 
How odd...just received a rejection letter today from Western, the letter itself was dated January 15,2009 but was sent out February 26,2009 and arrived today March 2, 2009.... ??? Strange how they didn't send it out for a whole month 😳
At least it was a nice rejection letter, "The Committee saw much potential in your application, however, and made several recommendations for steps to strengthen your application." 🙂 It wasn't a letter like the many of the others saying "To be competitive you must have a 3.77 GPA etc etc" So I'm not too upset about it 😀
 
How odd...just received a rejection letter today from Western, the letter itself was dated January 15,2009 but was sent out February 26,2009 and arrived today March 2, 2009.... ??? Strange how they didn't send it out for a whole month 😳
At least it was a nice rejection letter, "The Committee saw much potential in your application, however, and made several recommendations for steps to strengthen your application." 🙂 It wasn't a letter like the many of the others saying "To be competitive you must have a 3.77 GPA etc etc" So I'm not too upset about it 😀

DreamComeTrue... if you dont mind me asking did u get an interview? or is this the first time you are hearing from Western. Im only asking because they stated that all rejections/acceptances will be sent out on March 15 (actually the 16th since the 15th is a Sun or something)

Im sorry to hear about your rejection and I hope you receive(d) good news from all the other schools you apply to!!:luck::luck:
 
Hi JKIM02, This is the first time I am hearing from them...never interviewed. Thankyou for the goodluck 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten word on whether or not Ms. Lopez got permission to send us our notifications by email?
 
Also...does anyone know whether or not the letters are coming to our permanent or current addresses? And do we get them by March 15th or that they're sent out on March 15th? Thanks!
 
Also...does anyone know whether or not the letters are coming to our permanent or current addresses? And do we get them by March 15th or that they're sent out on March 15th? Thanks!

Not sure about current vs. permanent addresses but I'd email/call to find out which one their sending yours to....and the letters are mailed on March 15th (actually March 14th since the 15th is Sun) so perhaps we'll all get good news on lucky St. Patrick's Day :luck:
 
I'm assuming that they are getting sent to our current address since that's where that banweb notification was sent. At least I got mine at my current address...
 
I got my banweb letter at my current address too. If you check your banweb it actually has an address there. I know that's the same one they used because they missed a letter in my address on my banweb letter and it's the same way on the banweb website.
 
Is anyone else going insane waiting? Both of the schools I interviewed at give some of the latest notices on acceptance (around the middle of March). I'm tired of seeing everyone else get accepted while we wait forever. Just thought I'd rant, and hopefully we will hear something in about 10 days!

Good luck all
 
How odd...just received a rejection letter today from Western, the letter itself was dated January 15,2009 but was sent out February 26,2009 and arrived today March 2, 2009.... ??? Strange how they didn't send it out for a whole month 😳
At least it was a nice rejection letter, "The Committee saw much potential in your application, however, and made several recommendations for steps to strengthen your application." 🙂 It wasn't a letter like the many of the others saying "To be competitive you must have a 3.77 GPA etc etc" So I'm not too upset about it 😀

That's frustrating--that there's a decision sitting on somebody's desk for over a month before it ever reaches the mail. And here we are, needing to make life-altering decisions about school, work, living arrangements, etc. I'm sorry, DreamComeTrue--any other fish biting for you this time around?
 
Is anyone else going insane waiting? Both of the schools I interviewed at give some of the latest notices on acceptance (around the middle of March). I'm tired of seeing everyone else get accepted while we wait forever. Just thought I'd rant, and hopefully we will hear something in about 10 days!

Good luck all

I am with you all the way, I am so sick of trying to stay busy to not think about it but its not working. I want to post on the acceptances(hopefully) so bad!:xf:
 
Catnapper I know right! Nope, haven't even been invited to an interview yet. That's okay, because I just graduated in December 08' so I finally have time to explore other areas of veterinary medicine I may be interested in...It's just going to be terrible going through the whole application process again and the waiting game. Congrats on your interview invite by the way! :luck: :xf:Best of luck.
 
Hi everyone,

I heard that Western sent out their letters this past Friday since their last admissions decision meeting was Thursday. I know of some people, including myself, they have logged into the Banweb student homepage and get directed towards housing options,etc. and others that can't even log in. Has anyone else tried this???
 
Hi everyone,

I heard that Western sent out their letters this past Friday since their last admissions decision meeting was Thursday. I know of some people, including myself, they have logged into the Banweb student homepage and get directed towards housing options,etc. and others that can't even log in. Has anyone else tried this???

Are you positive the letters were really sent out??? Or is this just something you heard through rumors? I'm just wondering because your post got me really nervous/excited lol. I'm going to try logging into banweb right now.😱

So I went to banweb and logged on with no issues. still the same page it's always been. I hope this isn't a sign of anything. Did you log into the same banweb as before??? What happened exactly when you did log in
 
Last edited:
Are you positive the letters were really sent out??? Or is this just something you heard through rumors? I'm just wondering because your post got me really nervous/excited lol. I'm going to try logging into banweb right now.😱

So I went to banweb and logged on with no issues. still the same page it's always been. I hope this isn't a sign of anything. Did you log into the same banweb as before??? What happened exactly when you did log in

go to
https://banweb.westernu.edu/pls/live/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage
and try to log into Enter Secure Area: Alumni, Employee, and Student with your log in / password that you use to check your application status.
See if it works... good luck
 
Ok, I successfully logged in. It asked me to change my PIN number, ans set security questions and answers first. Then, it directed me to "Main Self-Service Menu", which has "HOUSING MENU" and "PERSONAL INFORMATION SERVICES MENU". That's where I'm at right now. By they way, I logged into the web page that JKIM02 provided.

Does this mean anything?

I'm afraid I won't be able to fall asleep tonight...
 
Last edited:
I logged in too and i also got to housing options,etc. what does this mean??? i got into the student login so does this mean I got in? bahhhhh
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me either pomona....which equals one ruined night for me and extra anxiousness to get our letters =( Please let the mailmen be speedy this one time in my life! 🙁
 
when I signed in I was able to get to the housing and personal information page. I hope that means what I think it means 😳 Tomorrow seems so far away!
 
I went to the link that Jkimo posted and was able to get to the housing info and all but a current student there told me that we should not be celebrating yet because they have never used banweb like that in the past. So idk, but I'm just as anxious and freaking out as you guys. Karen Hutton over there told me they weren't mailing them out till this coming Saturday though....I'm confused but going to be a wreck tomorrow watching the mail.
 
Hi everyone,

I heard that Western sent out their letters this past Friday since their last admissions decision meeting was Thursday. I know of some people, including myself, they have logged into the Banweb student homepage and get directed towards housing options,etc. and others that can't even log in. Has anyone else tried this???

:wow: Ok freaking out a little...gonna check Banweb right now....

Sooo, just checked and I was directed to change my PIN and got housing/personal info page....what does it all mean??? I think this'll be a cruel cruel joke if a "bad" letter arrives this week...argh the waiting is killing me! :scared:
 
I was able to log in several weeks ago so I really don't think it means anything, but I'm crossing my fingers that it means we were all accepted 🙂 so letters were sent out last friday littlezoo or will be sent out this sat? This sat seems to make more sense. I can't take this waiting anymore. I just want to know. Did anyone ever find out if they would email us the decisions?
 
Mine's not working either and I think I recall changing my username and pass the first time I logged in but I can't remember if I did or not 🙁
 
I logged in too and i also got to housing options,etc. what does this mean??? i got into the student login so does this mean I got in? bahhhhh

I got into the employee, students area also. I can not believe they may have sent them out also, AHHHH i just wan to know if it means something....😱 I was wondering did anyone try to get into the student, alumni, faculty before now, what if we could always get in. Not trying to be a downer just trying figure out if this is real or something that does mean too much...also trying to reel myself in.
 
Last edited:
I went to the link that Jkimo posted and was able to get to the housing info and all but a current student there told me that we should not be celebrating yet because they have never used banweb like that in the past. So idk, but I'm just as anxious and freaking out as you guys. Karen Hutton over there told me they weren't mailing them out till this coming Saturday though....I'm confused but going to be a wreck tomorrow watching the mail.

Did you call Karen Lopez and she said letters would not be sent out until the 15th? In that case why is everyone so worried?
 
I just called to change my mailing address and they said letters would definitely not be sent out until the 15th. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't want to get peoples hopes up too high because I am not 100% sure about this year, but last year around this time, I know that if you were able to log in to the students area, you were accepted, IF, there was a westernu email address provided for you under the personal info/ view email addresses screen. I do not know if you are rejected if you cannot log in though.
 
I just tryed to log in to the "secure" area and it gave me this messgae. "You are not authorized to use the Western University Banweb Self-Services System. Please contact Technical Support at 909-469-5432 if off campus and x5432 if on campus for assistance." anyone else??