Western 2013 - Who's Applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yea, I wasn't able to get in either. But there is only one week left until we will most likely have the letters in our mailboxes, so I would try to stop stressing about it and just wait out the next week. I mean, we've waited this long, what's one more week.

My friend made an interesting point to me and it kind of helped calm me. She said that why would Western go through all the trouble of putting accepted students into their computer system when they haven't even accepted their acceptance. Because then they would have to do more work to take you out of their system if you decline your acceptance.

It makes sense, but may not necessarily work that way, I know, but it's a good way of thinking to calm my nerves :scared:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had that same thought turtlelover. Also, if they already know who is accepted why would they still wait until the 15th to mail the letters? It's just not all adding up to make sense. Especially since someone mentioned being able to log in several weeks ago. I'm hard pressed to believe they'd update their system so quickly, and that is what keeps me going lol. I'm excited to see how everything turns out for everyone next week with letters. I'm all the way in Illinois so I hope everyone will post as soon as they hear any news!
 
So...today I can log in and change pin/question/see all that wonderful information...

Anyone else who previously couldn't log in have any luck today? Give it a try...
 
So...today I can log in and change pin/question/see all that wonderful information...

Anyone else who previously couldn't log in have any luck today? Give it a try...

I tried it just to humor myself and it did work. I think this whole login thing is just a glitch and I'm not sure it has anything to do with acceptances. However, being able to log in makes me less stressed than before.:laugh:
 
I agree...

It doesn't convince me of ANYTHING, but it is less stressful to not be the odd one(s) out.
 
when you log on, are you given an email address as well? Just curious....need to pass the time, about a week left!😀
 
Last edited:
No no email here either...
Im trying not to look too much into this whole banweb mess but its hard not to ..

What would you guys do....?
My friends and I live quite close to pomona so we are expecting our letters to show up next Monday (latest Tue) and next week is also our finals week. Would you guys recommend us opening up our letters right when we get them or waiting till finals are over...? I dont wanna have to study if I get rejected and had been crying for 2+ hours.... Hard to study w/ puffy eyes lol!
 
Would you guys recommend us opening up our letters right when we get them or waiting till finals are over...? I dont wanna have to study if I get rejected and had been crying for 2+ hours.... Hard to study w/ puffy eyes lol!

But could you focus on finals knowing that the letter is there, just waiting to be opened? Either way...you're likely to be anxious if you don't open it, really upset if you're rejected, or really excited if you get accepted - - - and all of those options mean a probable lack of focus.
 
No no email here either...
Im trying not to look too much into this whole banweb mess but its hard not to ..

What would you guys do....?
My friends and I live quite close to pomona so we are expecting our letters to show up next Monday (latest Tue) and next week is also our finals week. Would you guys recommend us opening up our letters right when we get them or waiting till finals are over...? I dont wanna have to study if I get rejected and had been crying for 2+ hours.... Hard to study w/ puffy eyes lol!

Personally I'd have a hard time focusing on exams knowing the decision has already arrived so I'm all over opening it up right away!
:luck: But in any case, stay focused, study hard and try to stay positive! hmmm sound like a mom huh?
 
Excuse me for lurking...

but I can't stop thinking about the logging in and email address thing. The waiting is driving me insane and I'm so excited for next week to come!

If I login to the secure area, click on Personal Information, and then click on Email Addresses, I see an email address with my name there @westernu.edu. Does everyone else get that?
 
Excuse me for lurking...

but I can't stop thinking about the logging in and email address thing. The waiting is driving me insane and I'm so excited for next week to come!

If I login to the secure area, click on Personal Information, and then click on Email Addresses, I see an email address with my name there @westernu.edu. Does everyone else get that?

I didn't get that 🙁 does it have your full name @westernu.edu or just your first initial and last name @westernu.edu? I tried adding my first initial and last name followed by @westernu.edu to the email addresses, and it let me, but I didn't see it there when I initially looked at my profile. Does anyone else have an email address in their profile when they check? I wish I could stop obsessing over all of this. I don't know what to think anymore. I just wish next week would come already.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But could you focus on finals knowing that the letter is there, just waiting to be opened? Either way...you're likely to be anxious if you don't open it, really upset if you're rejected, or really excited if you get accepted - - - and all of those options mean a probable lack of focus.

totally true... I still dont know what im going to do though.... lol oh well.. we'll see when the time comes but ill probably open it anyway.... :laugh:
 
no email address listed on my page either. I still think this has nothing to do with acceptances.

I would not wait to open your letter because I think waiting would drive me insane if I had the letter in front of me. But I guess that depends on how anxious you are already, I know I am!:scared:
 
FWIW...My page now shows a WesternU.edu email address but it didn't earlier today.

We should all just chill out and wait for the mail to arrive next week!
 
I second the chilling out thing, but find it hard for my own self to do that. I work with someone who's waiting to hear from western and days we work together is painful. All we can think about when we're together is western:help:
 
I did some forum stalking from last year's class and even the alternates for the 2012 class had e-mail addresses so that they'd be ready if they got a seat. But I think that means if you can access the secure site and/or have an e-mail account set up, you're at least an alternate..??
 
Hi guys,
Ok so I was put on the alternate list at western and a friend of mine who was admitted told me that I might be able to check and see if I got in by going to mail.westernu.edu and typing the first letter of my first name followed by my last name as my user name, and use the last two numbers of my birth year followed by the last four numbers of my social security number. I have not been able to access the website until last week, so does this mean that i'm in??!?! I haven't received my letter yet (the mail service here is a bit iffy at times) but should I excpect to recieve it soon? my friend who was admitted said that she had emails about a week before she received her letter.
I sure hope this means that I got in-but I don't want to get my hopes up.
Does anyone have any input?? I would greatly appreciate it😍

Oops forgot to mention the post I quoted was from last years thread, Thanks for the link KriiS!
I wish I knew about SDN last year! Anyhoo...I was waitlisted last year but didn't get info regarding BANWEB, so never checked webmail. This year, different story and I actually have webmail access and emails dating back to June 2008, crazy huh. In accessing my email, I used the original PIN that was assigned to me, not as listed above...I'm not sure what this means - either I'm in or once again....waitlisted!
 
Last edited:
oh my, something else to obsessively check besdies SDN, mail, email....BANWEB! hahaha oh gosh!!!!

from the posts last year, no one was able to access the westernu emails around this time... i am able to access the secure session though, but i don't see an email listed for me under the personal information session.

for those that have emails listed, try the mail.westernu.edu thing and see if it works for ya!
 
OMG! I know we're crazy. I logged in and saw that i had an email listed @westernu.edu and tried what Dr. B2 said and it seemed to work. This better mean good things and not the alternate list. I'm such a wreck!!!
 
OMG! I know we're crazy. I logged in and saw that i had an email listed @westernu.edu and tried what Dr. B2 said and it seemed to work. This better mean good things and not the alternate list. I'm such a wreck!!!


woww...really? what do u see?

did u see your email under the secure area?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oops forgot to mention the post I quoted was from last years thread, Thanks for the link KriiS!
I wish I knew about SDN last year! Anyhoo...I was waitlisted last year but didn't get info regarding BANWEB, so never checked webmail. This year, different story and I actually have webmail access and emails dating back to June 2008, crazy huh. In accessing my email, I used the original PIN that was assigned to me, not as listed above...I'm not sure what this means - either I'm in or once again....waitlisted!


I can access email and get emails from last June too! That's so weird. But I was also waitlisted last year...I hope that doesn't have something to do with it. I'm really not trying to get my hopes up over this since they're website always seems to be a little messed up and the threads from last year are a little confusing to get clear info from, but I can dream 🙄
 
I was waitlisted at Western last year, and could not log in during March. I was able to log in starting June, although I never got off the waitlist. I did not apply this year, but after reading these messages tried to log in with last years info, and I can, I'm still getting e-mails.
So I'm wondering if they never closed out last years alternate list?
 
I still don't have an email address (but can log in). I guess I need to prepare for the worst...the only micro-shred of hope I have left is UTK...🙁
I don't know if I can go through this another year...but I don't want to dump my geriatric furkids on my parents for Ross...
 
So I just checked and I couldn't access anything. :-(

Do any of you remember when they said they would be mailing out the letters? Was it the 16th? Or was it the 20th?
 
I have March 15th written down from interview day. Since that is a Sunday I guess that means either the 14th or the 16th they will be sent.
 
So ever since checking the forum (6pm this evening) I can't help but to repeatedly try to log onto BanWeb. I think I might be border line obsessing!!!!! I have been trying to remind myself that this could all mean nothing, but its not working.

So I guess I will be spending the next seven days wringing my fingers and grinding my teeth with anxiety. 😱😱😱
 
So i have also been trying banweb all the time. i didnt have an email address about 3 hours ago and now i do. But i cant log on at the email page. I want to think it is a good sign but i really dont think it means anything, it seemed like some people were accepted last year before ever getting an email address so i think we should all stop obsessing, I know, I know...easier said then done😀
 
i have gone above and beyond wringing my hands...I've literally made myself sick to my stomach and for a few days I couldn't eat anything. I think I've gotten a little less anxious, but this thread intensifies everything!

Must stop thinking about banweb. :bang:
 
So ever since checking the forum (6pm this evening) I can't help but to repeatedly try to log onto BanWeb. I think I might be border line obsessing!!!!! I have been trying to remind myself that this could all mean nothing, but its not working.

So I guess I will be spending the next seven days wringing my fingers and grinding my teeth with anxiety. 😱😱😱

Haha I know I check SDN all the time; compulsive, obsessive, anxious and completely excited! woohoo just a few days more, can't wait...:xf::luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have conveniently planned a mini-vacation 3-day vacation starting tomorrow with the S.O. to wine country to keep the waiting off my mind. And I figure that getting some good wine will be great for either celebrating or commiserating.
 
What, a new post on the Western Thread!!!!! I have to check it right away, what if someone knows something new, what if someone got in, what if im never getting into vet school, what am I going to do with my life!!!!! UHG


You have just spent a minute inside my head, crazy isnt it😛
 
Ahhhh this banweb thing has got me so freaked out...

I went to log in to the student access page and it asked me to change my pin, but when I did it brought me back to the login and the pin won't work...it's giving me that weird "You are not authorized to use the Western University Banweb Self-Services System. Please contact Technical Support at 909-469-5432 if off campus and x5432 if on campus for assistance." message. And now when I try to log in on to the original application portal, it says the pin is wrong...so I must have changed it but no matter what combination I put in it doesn't work!

So now, since I had so many invalid entries from trying so many different pins, they won't let me log on to anything...🙁

Damn you Western for making us wait so long!! Look what you're making us do!!