Western C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you have the link to the Facebook group? I would like to join it too.
I would just search WesternU DVM Class of 2022... can't log in to facebook right now on my work computer

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone who is attending the preview day mind sharing some of what they found out here? I am mostly curious as to how they ensure the clinical placements are providing the best teaching possible and any other tidbits about the actual curriculum.

Thank you!

Yea, it's not letting me join either
A kind first year shared with me that your westernu email has to be included with your FB account in order for it to let us join.

Hey for those who accepted their seat for western, do any of you guys still have "academically incomplete" status in your application status for WesternU? It says that all my updated transcripts have been received on the page and I've already completed all my prerequisites but it still says "awaiting" for my academically complete status.

Hey for those who accepted their seat for western, do any of you guys still have "academically incomplete" status in your application status for WesternU? It says that all my updated transcripts have been received on the page and I've already completed all my prerequisites but it still says "awaiting" for my academically complete status.
I believe you need to send your transcripts of all schools to the school, it has it on the to do list before orientation. I already sent mine but it still hasn't updated on my page.

I believe you need to send your transcripts of all schools to the school, it has it on the to do list before orientation. I already sent mine but it still hasn't updated on my page.
Ive already sent all my transcripts over 2-3 months ago and still my page isnt updated.

Hey all, just accepted my offer for Western c/o 2022! To those who accepted, did anyone get an email after paying their deposit other than a receipt for payment?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey all, just accepted my offer for Western c/o 2022! To those who accepted, did anyone get an email after paying their deposit other than a receipt for payment?
I don't remember getting any additional emails!
Looking forward to meeting you in the fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is the FB group for the c/o 2022. You'd need to manually type it because it won't let me post the site directly. If you're unable to join with your WesternU email, I'd suggest emailing IT at techsupport @ westernu. edu. :)

upload_2018-4-3_21-39-37.png

I accepted my spot and wanted to see if any current students had suggestions for housing. I know the Daumier is right on campus, but I read some negative reviews. What are the best other options ?

Anyone here who was on the waitlist last year and go pulled off? I'm currently on the waitlist and hoping I get pulled off, I'm a type A person and want to be prepared as much as possible, especially since I live in MA and getting pulled off right before the semester would be a lot. Admission just telling me to keep my file up to date. Anyone have any advice/ recommend doing anything to prepare just in case?

I’m on the alternate list. Hopefully they let us know soon

For those on the FB group. Does anyone mind sharing how many people are in the class group right now? And if the people on the group have comfirmed they are attending or have just been accepted?

I know they accepted a lot of students this year and I wanted to get an idea of how many alternates they might take if any.

For those on the FB group. Does anyone mind sharing how many people are in the class group right now? And if the people on the group have comfirmed they are attending or have just been accepted?

I know they accepted a lot of students this year and I wanted to get an idea of how many alternates they might take if any.

Do you have the link to that fb group? I searched for it but can’t find it. Much appreciated! :)

Any wait list people hear anything yet? Not sure if they’re truly waiting until mid-May or if enough spots had opened up to start going through the list.

Any wait list people hear anything yet? Not sure if they’re truly waiting until mid-May or if enough spots had opened up to start going through the list.
I'm assuming we will not start to hear anything until about a week or so after the acceptance deadline since they will have to recalculate how many seats are actually available for alternates.

There was 84 last time i checked but 80-90% of the people were upperclassmen so theres only a handful of class of 2022 people in the group atm.

There was 84 last time i checked but 80-90% of the people were upperclassmen so theres only a handful of class of 2022 people in the group atm.
I wonder how many people are on the waitlist. Does anyone know?

Hey everyone, I just wanted to post that I will be declining my seat at Western, and hopefully someone on here will get off the waitlist

Good luck guys!

Just declined my spot at Western... hopefully one of you get it !

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone here that has been offered admission having issues in accepting your offer? I'm trying to accept mine and pay the deposit but theres no "Reply to Offer of Admission" link

I accepted my spot and wanted to see if any current students had suggestions for housing. I know the Daumier is right on campus, but I read some negative reviews. What are the best other options ?

There are three housing options that are technically on campus but managed by a third party. The Daum is super nice and new, but they’ve had issues with flooding, the water heaters going out and internet glitches. While expensive, it also includes everything except electricity plus complimentary laundry, parking, pool and gym and all your neighbors are WesternU students. The Helix and 777 are cheaper options, but they are older and don’t have as many amenities and some of your neighbors can be anybody from the area. If you like the feeling of a secure building, I would go with the Daum or Helix. The 777 is a more open layout and some units aren’t as close to campus as you may like.

If you’re looking for off campus options, Claremont, Chino Hills and Upland are close options in nice neighborhoods :)

Do you have the link to that fb group? I searched for it but can’t find it. Much appreciated! :)

SDN won’t let me post a link. Here’s a screenshot of the exact name of the group.

Attachments

• 1F29509A-677D-4E5C-BF09-D520C77E2A89.jpeg
    1F29509A-677D-4E5C-BF09-D520C77E2A89.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 73
I declined my spot to WesternU. I hope this spot goes to an incredible future veterinarian. WesternU is a fantastic program!

Reactions: 2 users
SDN won’t let me post a link. Here’s a screenshot of the exact name of the group.
Are the members in the group solely from the class of 2022? I'm just wondering for the purpose of knowing whether or not the class will be filled soon.

I declined my spot to WesternU. I hope this spot goes to an incredible future veterinarian. WesternU is a fantastic program!
When did you decline? I’m assuming to accept or decline, you have to use the same link and I’m not able to reply to my offer at all.

When did you decline? I’m assuming to accept or decline, you have to use the same link and I’m not able to reply to my offer at all.
I decline yesterday. To decline you can email them directly and to accept you have to go to the portal and accept. Instructions to accept are in the letter they sent. If you are having issues accepting call them. From the email that I received over the weekend, it said that today was the last day to accept WesternU.

"If we do not receive a response from you via e-mail or the form and deposit returned by Monday, April 16, 2018 we will rescind our offer of acceptance."

Has anyone been taken off the wait list yet?

Are the members in the group solely from the class of 2022? I'm just wondering for the purpose of knowing whether or not the class will be filled soon.

It’s not exclusive to the class, however, what most classes do is create a private group to which only people in the class can have access. This is useful for convos you wish to keep within your class. My class didn’t create a private group until orientation week. Someone who has already accepted can theoretically create a page for the incoming crew but you may need to reassess it when school actually starts so that the people in the group are actually in your class.

Anyone else have a heart attack when Karen Hutton-Lopez sent that email yesterday

Reactions: 4 users
Will Karen be replying to our replies to the email?

Gave up my spot on the alternate pool! Good luck to everyone waiting!

Will Karen be replying to our replies to the email?
I never got one, my paranoid brain keeps telling me she didn’t receive it even though it’s in my sent box lol

Someone posted this to a fb group

“I just called admissions and they said they haven't sent out any offers to alternates yet. They don't know when that will begin since "the higher ups make that decision," but when it does it will be coming through via email unless it's like a week before orientation in which case a phone call would be made as well!”

Looks like we wont get any news for a bit

Reactions: 5 users