Western University CVM 2019 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bam15

Oklahoma State c/o 2018
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's to everyone applying for that Pomona life! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied but apparently western receives GRE scores only by snail mail, so although they were processed on 10/1 they didn't receieve them til after the deadline so they viewed my app as incomplete and will not be considered for admission. All the other schools received it electronically. The frustrating part was its not listed ANYWHERE on their website about snail mail delivery, I had to call ETS to find out. And they don't even have my vmcas yet bc it's not verified. So how can my app be incomplete just by GRE missing but my app still technically missing too? Gahhh, oh well.

Reactions: 1 user
What a bummer! I bet they aren't returning your fee either :(

Members don't see this ad :)
What a bummer! I bet they aren't returning your fee either :(
Most likely not....I want to call and try to fight it...but then again we all know they're probably just gonna say "well that's just how it is...sorry"

That is reallly really unfortunate. I'm sorry.

I submitted my GRE scores, fee and course verification form early in august. So those are ok. I did however submit my application on October 29th and did not get verified until this past monday. Does that mean It wont be considered for this cycle? Anybody know? :confused:

*I emailed already to ask and I will let you guys know what they say

That is reallly really unfortunate. I'm sorry.

I submitted my GRE scores, fee and course verification form early in august. So those are ok. I did however submit my application on October 29th and did not get verified until this past monday. Does that mean It wont be considered for this cycle? Anybody know? :confused:

*I emailed already to ask and I will let you guys know what they say
I think you meant Septemeber 29...lol but I think you're fine! Idk why they're sticklers on GRE but not vmcas... Lol! I got an email last week telling me I will not be considered so you should be fine.

ooooops totally did haha. but thanks and best of luck with applications! :)

Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this. About a month ago I spoke to Ashley at Western and she confirmed that my GRE scores were received. However, when I look at my application portal it says that my app is incomplete because they have not received my scores yet. It says they basically have received everything but my scores. I sent them my scores through ETS in August so I am hoping that it is just taking them a while to process everything. Is anyone else in this boat??

Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this. About a month ago I spoke to Ashley at Western and she confirmed that my GRE scores were received. However, when I look at my application portal it says that my app is incomplete because they have not received my scores yet. It says they basically have received everything but my scores. I sent them my scores through ETS in August so I am hoping that it is just taking them a while to process everything. Is anyone else in this boat??

I had the same exact issue with my application. I sent GRE scores in August and everything was complete on my app except the GRE. I emailed them in September asking if they had received the scores and they confirmed they had, but they never updated the system. So I just sent them some panicky type emails about how I was afraid my application wouldn't be accepted because the system says its incomplete and they ended up updating it I think on October 2nd.

I had the same exact issue with my application. I sent GRE scores in August and everything was complete on my app except the GRE. I emailed them in September asking if they had received the scores and they confirmed they had, but they never updated the system. So I just sent them some panicky type emails about how I was afraid my application wouldn't be accepted because the system says its incomplete and they ended up updating it I think on October 2nd.

Thank you! That makes me feel better. I did send an email a little while ago so hopefully I will hear soon and get this straightened out :)

Just checked my account and they have received all my items. Application complete.....and now the waiting game.......:ninja:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!!! *frantically checking flights* Verified August 7th, designated WesternU Sept 16th

Interviews are apparently beginning around December, so be checking your emails :)

Just received my interview confirmation for November 17th and booked a flight across the country!!! EEK!!!
Now to find a hotel with a shuttle...
Good luck to all!!! :)

Also got an interview invite (IS), Nov 15
Best wishes to everyone!

Got an interview invite (IS) last night (what a crazy day it's been) and asked for November 15th interview date. Waiting for confirmation. Don't worry guys, it's still super early!!

Just got an email for an interview! I'm waiting to get my confirmation e-mail back! Any one know anything about what they might ask?

There's a link on SDN somewhere where interviewees post questions that were asked by different schools. When I got an interview, I studied those questions and analyzed how I'd answer them. Word on the street is that the interview process for WesternU has changed though and it's no longer a blind interview, so there may be some questions about academic performance.

Mmm, interesting. I would love to know what this year's interview process will be like then. In my experience, (besides this year, I guess), they hadn't really changed the types of questions that they asked in the past 3 years. Previousy, they would conduct a blind interview with 2 interviewers and ask you behavioral type questions: "Describe a time when you ... "

Here is the link to the past interview questions: http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/wuhs-vet/survey/26#survey-result

Anyone know about how long the committee takes to review an application? I received an email 11 days ago that my application was sent for review but haven't heard anything.

All the materials were marked as received by October 14 and application check list status says "Application materials received." The email that my application was put in for review was sent on October 24.

Confirmed interview for Friday Nov 14th! Anyone else?

Anyone know about how long the committee takes to review an application? I received an email 11 days ago that my application was sent for review but haven't heard anything.
It took about 2 weeks from the day my Western application was approved as completed to hear back from them about interviews.

Hey so I noticed on the portal that, next to where it says the GRE results were received, there is a different date listed than when I actually took the GRE. Has anyone had the same issue? I tried emailing them but no response. :/

Just got my interview invite! Hoping to schedule for Dec 1. December is gonna be a rough month financially with taking off from work!

Just got my interview invite! Hoping to schedule for Dec 1. December is gonna be a rough month financially with taking off from work!
If you get in, there's many more rough financial situations ahead ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who received their invites already!!

Does anyone know when interview invites stop going out? I haven't received mine and all this talk is making me anxious.

okay, here it goes. i dont know if things are being done differently this cycle or not but this is my understanding of the process: two members from the admissions committee review your file. if both believe you are qualified to interview, you are invited. if they are spilt, it goes to a third member for review to "break the tie". if two believe you should interview, you are invited - if not, :(. some go through files fast, other members like to take their time. therefore, it's really hard to know when you'll hear a response. and interviews are held in december as well so plenty of time left. so, if you haven't heard yet, relax. you worked soooo hard to make it this far but everything is beyond your control at this point, so just try to take your mind off things and this will be over very soon. i know its harder done than said. :happy: hope this helps a bit to those who are waiting :)

Congrats to everyone who received their invites already!!

Does anyone know when interview invites stop going out? I haven't received mine and all this talk is making me anxious.
Don't stress! As far as I know, when you get an interview invite really varies and has nothing to do with how competitive you are. I received my interview invite really late, about a week before I interviewed. The dates I had to choose from? The very last dates available. I not only made it into the class of 2017, but I'm thriving. Don't worry, just yet :)

Confirmed for the 15th! Anyone know of a good place to go and hang out for 4 hours before the curriculum Q&A?

Confirmed for December 5th! So excited, but I have two interviews back to back across the country, so I will be missing almost a week of school right before exams! oh well, i can study on the plane, right??

Just received my interview invite last night as well, waiting for the confirmation... (1st choice 12/5, second choice 12/1).

Got my interview invite last night too and am waiting for the confirmation- which hopefully comes quick because my first choice is 11/18!

How is everyone hearing about interviews? Email or portal?