Western University in Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just below the 190, is this:
" Estimated fall 2009 entering class size including early assurance & transfer seats: 120"

It's my understanding that the c/o 2014 will begin with 120, but I would not be surprised if the number was slightly different.

the number accepted are 190 but they expect 70 people to decline their offer. every school sends more acceptances than seats available. they accepted 190 in 2009 and only 120 decided on going to western

Members don't see this ad :)
...I was just typing exactly what the guy above said. haha

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TOMORROW!!

western has a very friendly environment. they will make you feel at ease..
remember, relax, be yourself, and be confident!!!! :D

Any good tips to calm nervousness??

Conquer your nervousness before you even walk in. This might sound wierd, but the worst thing that could happened is that you dont get in. It happens to a lot of students and, while it may sound like the end of the world, its not. Odds are, you will get another interview next year and walk in much more confident and experienced with a better chance of getting in. You might even enjoy that year hiatus as it will give you the chance to work and spend more time with friends and family.

Know that the more comfortable you are, the better your chances are of getting in.

For those of you who have already interviewed. Will the tour also include a view of the housing that the students live in?

Western doesn't have on-campus housing. There's an apartment building right next to the campus where many students live, but students are not guaranteed a place there. Most people live in cities surrounding Pomona and have a range of commutes from 15-30 mins from what I've heard.

So now we wait...
Will we get an email or a letter IF we get accepted?

So now we wait...
Will we get an email or a letter IF we get accepted?

some current students at the interview said their interviewer personally called them. I think your interview person plays a huge factor in your admission decision.

Rec'd email acceptance, followed the same or next day with a phone call from the faculty interviewer (they actually left a message which I returned). A snail-mail letter followed with information about the deposit. Once the deposit was received, the school forwarded email account information and html address with all the information pertaining to FA, immunizations, etc.

Goodluck.

Rec'd email acceptance, followed the same or next day with a phone call from the faculty interviewer (they actually left a message which I returned). A snail-mail letter followed with information about the deposit. Once the deposit was received, the school forwarded email account information and html address with all the information pertaining to FA, immunizations, etc.

Goodluck.

Wow a phone call??! That's awesome. Was it two to three weeks after your interview?

7 working days post-interview. 10 total days post-interview. Seems like the acceptances went out first, then the holds/waitlist notifications. Hopefully you will know in a couple of weeks.

I wish everyone the best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone have the same situation like me? I had an interview on feb.27th and still haven't heard anything from them (not a hold or alternate). I emailed and they said that final decisions are being made and I will get an answer in couple weeks? I'm confused. :oops:

Goodluck.

when did you interview?

So for those that interviewed on the 20th of March we should expect an email on the 30th of March if we are accepted?

Last edited:
mine was the same as doc hawaii

"7 working days post-interview. 10 total days post-interview. received phone call from interviewer the following day after acceptance email"

however, i received the email account info with the acceptance letter.

interview 2/27 acceptance received 3/9

Same here. I had the interview on feb. 27 and still haven't heard anything. please let us know when you hear something from them. good luck to everyone

Definitely...I emailed and they told me to wait couple more weeks....let me know if you got some news too..Good Luck everyone.!!

I think they are going to tell everyone (from all the interviews that have not received acceptance yet) their status at the same time, and that's gonna be late March/early April. We just have to be patient.

Can any one please tell me that if there are someone interviewed on Dec. or Jan. and still not received any thing? I am just wondering that some people were put on hold in Jan. ended up getting accepted early in March, so is that the "hold" status is better than hearing nothing?

Can any one please tell me that if there are someone interviewed on Dec. or Jan. and still not received any thing? I am just wondering that some people were put on hold in Jan. ended up getting accepted early in March, so is that the "hold" status is better than hearing nothing?

No, hod can become "rejected" as well. So all you can do rite now is wait and be patient. I think they will send accept letters at the same time for both hold and the last round interviews....
:xf::xf:

i was at the last interview for western and i was wondering if anyone has heard anything yet?

nothing yet. but expect something this week and by the latest next week. gl :smuggrin:

I'm assuming there will be some news for the March 20th interviews today.
Anyone? any news?
It's been 10 days.

I'm assuming there will be some news for the March 20th interviews today.
Anyone? any news?
It's been 10 days.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt it 7-10 business days from the interview? That gives us two full weeks according to students who got in. At the interview day they gave us an even greater window at 2-3 weeks. I hope to hear from them sometime this week. If I havent heard anything by the weekend I will kinda be disappointed since people who have been getting in have been getting a response in that time frame, but even the third week is possible. There are still at least three more days of anticipation!

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt it 7-10 business days from the interview? That gives us two full weeks according to students who got in. At the interview day they gave us an even greater window at 2-3 weeks. I hope to hear from them sometime this week. If I havent heard anything by the weekend I will kinda be disappointed since people who have been getting in have been getting a response in that time frame, but even the third week is possible. There are still at least three more days of anticipation!

Someone said they got a phone call 7 business days (10 full days) after his/her interview.

The Feb 27s got acceptance emails on Mar 09. That's why I'm assuming today there will be some good news. I may be wrong. They usually send acceptances earlier than Holds/Alternates/Rejections.

Hello all, I am new to this process and this forum so I apologize if this question has already been answered...I did a search already and didn't find the info I'm looking for.

I read somewhere about Western U interview questions posted on their website but I can't seem to find them. Can anyone direct me to the interview questions?

Thanks

For those who get accepted, be sure to check out westernuforum.com!!!

any updates from anyone--former holds/alternates?

did anyone receive an email or call of acceptance if you interviewed on March 20th?
tomorrow is exactly 2 weeks since so shouldn't someone have received news already? :xf:

any updates from anyone--former holds/alternates?

did anyone receive an email or call of acceptance if you interviewed on March 20th?
tomorrow is exactly 2 weeks since so shouldn't someone have received news already? :xf:

interviewed on the 20th. no word yet.

I'm also a March 20th, no news here either. I hope some sdn'ers get in...

Is anyone hearing something today? I guess we should hear from WesternU sometimes this week. So nervous now.

Has anyone that interviewed on the 20th of March heard anything yet?

Nope.. Not yet. 8 is my lucky number so I'm hoping I'll get good news on the 8th... Thursday. :)

Yaaayyyy I was right!!!!! Got an email at 9:42 this morning! I was accepted!!!!:D

got accepted 1 hr ago. who's gonna go!? :laugh:

Congrats to Bellbell, mailman and mrjtang! Good luck to those who haven't heard yet. Let's keep the acceptances coming!