Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey blue0134 I was also in group B yesterday.
I am very relieved its over, but we still have a very unbearable wait.
Good luck to everyone, hopefully i'll see you all in fall :).

By the way I think I recognize who Zilko is, I say someone that fits his description before the groups were split up.

My interviewer said that i shouldnt have put down that i was a reapplicant if i didnt apply to WesternU last year. The school reviews the reapp really really carefully (and strictly). Oh well, it is beyond my control now. :oops: Good luck to all of us. :luck::luck::luck:
Btw, my interview was open-file. Anyone surprised?

Members don't see this ad.

My interviewer said that i shouldnt have put down that i was a reapplicant if i didnt apply to WesternU last year. The school reviews the reapp really really carefully (and strictly). Oh well, it is beyond my control now. :oops: Good luck to all of us. :luck::luck::luck:
Btw, my interview was open-file. Anyone surprised?

What do you mean "open file"? These words are mentioned in the interview feedback also, but I don't understand.

What do you mean "open file"? These words are mentioned in the interview feedback also, but I don't understand.

Here is what i read from a book about preperations for pharm school. Open-file means that interviewers will read your application before the interview, and they may have your app in front of them during the interview. Closed-file means that interviewers dont get to read your application, so more likely that they will ask you questions like "tell us about your self", "what have you done to prepare for pharmacy programs".
:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was group A, essay first. I was talking to the 4th year (Mike) in the foyer before they started handing out the packets, sat near the front (you know what they say, natural leaders gravitate toward the front of the room, at least that's what they always told us at West Point ;)) before the groups were split up.

I felt good about the interview, the student interviewer seemed a little nervous, but the faculty member was very nice and we seemed to click. But, then I felt good last year too, and still got wait listed. Thanks for the confidence ngynththo. :oops:

Which were you Reggae?

I was in group B and I also sat in the front. I came into the room after everyone else.

It was nice to meet all of you at the interview. I hope I was able to provide all the relevant information pertaining to Western U. Did you guys have a pleasant experience?

Thanks,

Mike Wang
Class of 2008

It was nice to meet all of you at the interview. I hope I was able to provide all the relevant information pertaining to Western U. Did you guys have a pleasant experience?

Thanks,

Mike Wang
Class of 2008

MIKE!! you were the best.. i was the girl that was asking you all the questions since the beginning!!! You were very helpful. Thank you.

Thanks,

Mike Wang
Class of 2008

My interview did not go well. I was not happy about it. I had Dr Klotz and a pharmacist in my interview. They asked me a lot of non-standard questions. I was thrilled , seriously. Even though I did prepared for the interview, some questions were very surprising. I don't think I did well, also my went for about 35 minutes, a kind of long. I hope I will get in, but I have to wait until the end of April. I think they are trying to compare people from 3rd interview to the last one. Do you know how many people were accepted by western already?

Is western done interviewing or do they have another session?

My interview did not go well. I was not happy about it. I had Dr Klotz and a pharmacist in my interview. They asked me a lot of non-standard questions. I was thrilled , seriously. Even though I did prepared for the interview, some questions were very surprising. I don't think I did well, also my went for about 35 minutes, a kind of long. I hope I will get in, but I have to wait until the end of April. I think they are trying to compare people from 3rd interview to the last one. Do you know how many people were accepted by western already?
misspharm, you are not alone. I felt bad about how i did on my interview too. Hope you feel better now. :oops:

Thanks,

Mike Wang
Class of 2008
Mike, you were indeed helpful, thanks.

misspharm, they said they had sent out 60 acceptance letters so far, which means that there are 60 seats left, plus any that free up for students that decide to go to other schools. And, last year I felt pretty good about my interview and still got wait-listed, while others that felt they did badly got accepted, so it really is hard to say what is being looked for.
P-)

Still, we have to wait until the end of April. Also, we don't have any advantage over the last interviewees. That's kind of sad isn't it?

Still, we have to wait until the end of April. Also, we don't have any advantage over the last interviewees. That's kind of sad isn't it?

hey i got call from western abt interview..they have schedule my interview on 24th april?do u guys have to give IA exam and essay before an interview??and what did they ask in interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
misspharm, you are not alone. I felt bad about how i did on my interview too. Hope you feel better now. :oops:

hey frd interview is on 24th april ..can u tell me what kind of wierd question they are asking?

hey i got call from western abt interview..they have schedule my interview on 24th april?do u guys have to give IA exam and essay before an interview??and what did they ask in interview?

western has 2 interview sessions in april?!?!?!? (april 14 and 24??)

when did you receive hte call??

thanks

thanks

ya i got call day before yesterday from jenny...she told me ur interview is on 24th april and many of my frds are scheduled for 24th and some of of are for 25th april as well. can anybody tell me what kind of questions they are asking?

ya i got call day before yesterday from jenny...she told me ur interview is on 24th april and many of my frds are scheduled for 24th and some of of are for 25th april as well. can anybody tell me what kind of questions they are asking?

Check out the interview feedback for Western: http://share.studentdoctor.net/interviewpharm/process_read.asp?school=94

I didn't interview at WEstern, so I'm in no position to say, but based on the feedback they seem to consistently ask about teamwork questions--"What would you do if a coworker or teammate wasn't working well with others?"

Here are some more potential questions you can practice on (not for Western specifically, but i think it'll help you out since just about every topic is covered here!):
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=309354

Check out the interview feedback for Western: http://share.studentdoctor.net/interviewpharm/process_read.asp?school=94

I didn't interview at WEstern, so I'm in no position to say, but based on the feedback they seem to consistently ask about teamwork questions--"What would you do if a coworker or teammate wasn't working well with others?"

Here are some more potential questions you can practice on (not for Western specifically, but i think it'll help you out since just about every topic is covered here!):
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=309354

thank you so much .....
i really thankful to u...i was searching that kind of questions..anyways do u know abt the IA exam and essay of the western?i m really worried abt essay??

Wow thank you so much Mingleandy1985! I just registered for SDN and I had trouble looking for interview questions but your links were more than helpful. I am so happy that I found this site.

Oops, I apologize, I meant to thank ScarlettDarke.

No problem guys. Good luck to all. I just turned down an interview for 4/12 bc I won't be able to finish the pre-reqs in time :( I'm pretty upset with myself bc this will limit my options on where I will be able to go, but at least it'll open up another spot for someone else!

Be sure to also check out WEstern's website. They really go out of their way to provide you with info for the interview:

Sample interview questions: http://www.westernu.edu/xp/edu/prospective/sample.xml

Achievements of the university's students, faculty, and staff: http://www.westernu.edu/xp/edu/prospective/media.xml

I went to Western's Feb. interview. I got an acceptance email the beginning of March I think. Of course I accepted and paid the deposit. I was just contacted for an interview at USC for March 29th and I have a interview for USN April 1? Any of you all have the same dates?

I went to Western's Feb. interview. I got an acceptance email the beginning of March I think. Of course I accepted and paid the deposit. I was just contacted for an interview at USC for March 29th and I have a interview for USN April 1? Any of you all have the same dates?

congratulations! I am still waiting for USC. I haven't got any letter from them, I hope it's coming soon. As for USN, I had my interview already so won't be seeing you there.

I also have a question, I don't know if it's true but some people told me that USC do not accept any person for their last interview, is that true? If someone can clarify that for me, it'll be great!

Thanks!:)

congratulations! I am still waiting for USC. I haven't got any letter from them, I hope it's coming soon. As for USN, I had my interview already so won't be seeing you there.

I also have a question, I don't know if it's true but some people told me that USC do not accept any person for their last interview, is that true? If someone can clarify that for me, it'll be great!

Thanks!:)

Totally untrue! If they dont accept anyone from the last interview, they'd be wasting their precious Saturdays with you guys right? =0) Here's a link from USC thread concerning the spots left:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=450210&page=11

Good luck to you all =0)

Yeah, I'll be at USC on March 29th too, I'm so nervous...I was also at Western's Feb interview, and put my deposit down. I guess I'll be going to one of those 2 schools for sure. Where do you wanna go? Well, good luck on both of your interviews!:)

thanks

Theres 2 more interview sessions? I thought there was only 1 more session left... Can anyone confirm?

Yeah, I'll be at USC on March 29th too, I'm so nervous...I was also at Western's Feb interview, and put my deposit down. I guess I'll be going to one of those 2 schools for sure. Where do you wanna go? Well, good luck on both of your interviews!:)

On the other hand, I interviewed at USC in Feb and just got accepted, but I have heard Nothing from Western. Isnt that bizarre. I feel so lucky to have been accepted and honored SC gave me a chance.

Theres 2 more interview sessions? I thought there was only 1 more session left... Can anyone confirm?

well western has two days interview on 24th and 25th april only for international studetns..i guess for 20 seats...

well western has two days interview on 24th and 25th april only for international studetns..i guess for 20 seats...

Western just told me their last interview is on april 12 and this is only this interview left. Where are you getting your information from?

Similar thing happened to me. I got on the "hold" list of Touro (not even accredited yet) and got into Western without a problem. I do admit, i really f*ed up at my interview at Touro. It was a good practice interview. I would never go there, that place was depressing.

Choosing between USC and Western, it would probably be USC due to there prestige and it's proximity to LA. But if USC doesn't accept me, I have absolutely no problem with Western. Already looked to buy a house in Claremont.

hey Jonboy385,

Do we have to down payment when we go to professional school?
I heard some banks they allow Doctor newgrads buy a house without down-payment.

Also, will the home loan affect our school loan?

Will we get higher interest on school loan after we have home loan?

I got the email today that I was accepted :D:laugh:.
I'm very excited, to say the least:laugh:.

I got the email today that I was accepted :D:laugh:.
I'm very excited, to say the least:laugh:.

So, when was your interview for Western? I don't think they have send out the result yet for March interview.

i still have not been asked for an interview from western. is there any hope left?

So, when was your interview for Western? I don't think they have send out the result yet for March interview.

I interviewed on sat. march 1. I was also shocked to have gotten a response this quickly. I was not expecting to hear from them until April like everyone else, as that's what we were told @ the interview, but I'm glad I did :luck:

oh man, oh man! you're so freaking lucky!!! I hope to get that letter soon. gosh, I couldn't sleep many nights over this!! why me????

Well, Congrats to you!

i got in too!!!!! i interviewed march 1st and i recieved an email today with my acceptance. I was also surprised because I thought they wouldnt get back to us until after the april interviews but i am definitely NOT complaining....yayyyy...is there a facebook group for the class of 2012 or should i be making one?:D

i still have not been asked for an interview from western. is there any hope left?

dont lose hope, i think they are going to start calling for interviews next week and I know that they invite many all the way up until the day before the interview.that's what happend to my friend last time....also iwould consider calling the school to check the status of your app to see if the admissions board is reviewing it for potential interview

i got in too!!!!! i interviewed march 1st and i recieved an email today with my acceptance. I was also surprised because I thought they wouldnt get back to us until after the april interviews but i am definitely NOT complaining....yayyyy...is there a facebook group for the class of 2012 or should i be making one?:D

Congratulation!!!!

Did you get a letter or email? I am waiting too. Why they send out so fast. Maybe you guys are very good candiate for western. Congrat!!!!!!:)

I got my acceptance email! I also remember them saying we wouldn't hear until late April so this came as a huge surprise. Congrats to the fortunate ones in here and the rest of you guys hang in there. Someone has set up a facebook group already by the way: Western University of Health Sciences PharmD 2012.

congrats to those who got accepted and was interviewed in march. i actually just got a letter from them...but my application is put on hold until April 18th. Apparently my application will be reviewed again at that time. ughhhh this is getting so freakin frustrating. :mad:

I got my acceptance email! I also remember them saying we wouldn't hear until late April so this came as a huge surprise. Congrats to the fortunate ones in here and the rest of you guys hang in there. Someone has set up a facebook group already by the way: Western University of Health Sciences PharmD 2012.

Congratulation!!
Please save me one page in your face book. My acceptance email arrives a little bit late, but it will :)

Congratulations to the new acceptances!! As for those who are still waiting for interviews, do not lose hope---I received an email telling me they are planning to interview quite a big group for the last interview (April12th): 140-150 students! I will be hosting that day so hope to see many of you there.

Just got a call today! I will be there for the last interview on 4/12!! YAY:):)

Just out of curiosity is there anyone who was invited to interview with a GPA of 3.3 or below?

Ya .. my overall gpa was slightly below 3.3 and my science GPA was actually 3.0. I was interviewed and accepted so there is hope for all ya'll :p

Just out of curiosity is there anyone who was invited to interview with a GPA of 3.3 or below?

i know someone that has been accepted with a gpa below 3.3

p.s. why in the hell do you have flavr flav as your avatar???? (im embarrassed that i know who he is)