Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got in too! Interviewed on March 1st! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I have been taking myself too serious lately stressing out about getting accepted so I added some flavor(even though he is an idoit).

I appriecate the heads up on the gpas I am trying to figure out why I wasn't invited to an interview. My LOR probably wasn't happening I guess the guy who wrote it might have burnt me.

i know someone that has been accepted with a gpa below 3.3

p.s. why in the hell do you have flavr flav as your avatar???? (im embarrassed that i know who he is)

Have you tried calling them? Just to ask what is the status of your application? I did that at 8am two weeks before the interview and the lady that answered said "Oh, we're calling them soon for March 1st." I got a call the same day at 10am. :)

Yeah I have been taking myself too serious lately stressing out about getting accepted so I added some flavor(even though he is an idoit).

I appriecate the heads up on the gpas I am trying to figure out why I wasn't invited to an interview. My LOR probably wasn't happening I guess the guy who wrote it might have burnt me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news if they're still sending out interview letters?

congrats to those who got accepted and was interviewed in march. i actually just got a letter from them...but my application is put on hold until April 18th. Apparently my application will be reviewed again at that time. ughhhh this is getting so freakin frustrating. :mad:
Same here. I just received a letter saying the same thing.

Any news if they're still sending out interview letters?

Yea they are...i emailed them last week about my status, because i nvr heard anything from them since i got placed on hold because they were waiting on summer and fall transcripts, in December. They said that my app is complete and is under review, and there is still one more interview date left in april. If they want to interview me, they said that they would mail a letter 1-2 weeks before the interview date. Hopefully i get an interview...

Yea they are...i emailed them last week about my status, because i nvr heard anything from them since i got placed on hold because they were waiting on summer and fall transcripts, in December. They said that my app is complete and is under review, and there is still one more interview date left in april. If they want to interview me, they said that they would mail a letter 1-2 weeks before the interview date. Hopefully i get an interview...

Hi anxious....
Are Fall and Summer transcripts you said above the academic updates? I mean the updated transcripts after you'd finished your pharmCAS appl.

Sigh, got my 'hold' letter, congratz to those that got accepted from the March interview, feeling a little down right now.

I know it's not over yet, not 'til the fat lady sings in August, and I still have my Touro interview next Friday. Time to start considering the PCAT and broadening the net to include some out of state apps for next year, while I hope to get pulled from the 'waiting' pools. (Think I'll head to the gym for a while).

Do you guys know why western put people on hold? It is weird. I know some people also were on gold and consider after the last interview. Do you think there is still chance for acceptance for the people who on hold. Not sure what we can do???

Do you guys know why western put people on hold? It is weird. I know some people also were on gold and consider after the last interview. Do you think there is still chance for acceptance for the people who on hold. Not sure what we can do???

I think they will pull people off the hold list... just like any other school.. people apply to a few schools, those that are lucky enough to have a few options choose one school... and reject the others, so seats open up for the people on the waiting list.

Things will probably be more clear around May/June.

Still bummed but feeling better, IMO, schools put candidates on hold because they are good candidates, but they want to wait until after ALL interviews to see the whole mix of candidates before parceling out the remaining seats and ensuring that they have a large enough waiting pool to draw from.

I was a little surprised that they sent out acceptances from the March 1 interviews after they said specifically that none would be sent out until after all interviews were finished. I applaud those that got their seats, they must be exemplary candidates with high potential <claps>.

Now, I feel better. I don't think I did well for my interview because it was the first interview I had for pharm school. However, I don't think I crushed and burned. How did you guys feel about your interview on March 1st?

Hi anxious....
Are Fall and Summer transcripts you said above the academic updates? I mean the updated transcripts after you'd finished your pharmCAS appl.

yea it is the academic update

Members don't see this ad :)
Sigh, got my 'hold' letter, congratz to those that got accepted from the March interview, feeling a little down right now.

I know it's not over yet, not 'til the fat lady sings in August, and I still have my Touro interview next Friday. Time to start considering the PCAT and broadening the net to include some out of state apps for next year, while I hope to get pulled from the 'waiting' pools. (Think I'll head to the gym for a while).

Good luck for your interview at Touro. Is this your first time there?

Anyone know when they will be sending out rejection letters? I havent hear anything from them, not even an interview. I was just wondering if they are already sending out rejection letters to people who do not have an interview yet. If so, I should prepare myself for the worst.:(

They just called me and left me a message inviting me for an interview today. FINALLY, geesh. I think i'm going to decline tho..

I got my second hold letter saying that my application will be reviewed again after April 25. Anyone got the same? The letter is dated yesterday(March 25) and I live about 40 minutes away from Western. The wait continues...sigh:(

I got my second hold letter saying that my application will be reviewed again after April 25. Anyone got the same? The letter is dated yesterday(March 25) and I live about 40 minutes away from Western. The wait continues...sigh:(

It's not bad, rxliteguy. Hopes still be there. Good news will come someday.

You mean the 1st hold letter was dated before April 25. Did you have the 1st round interview?

Thanks.

yeah, i got the same letter. Were you on the first interview? Has anyone been rejected yet? with or withouth the interview.

Why they put people on hold? Do you guys know if there is anything that you can do after the hold letter ,besides waiting.

Why they put people on hold? Do you guys know if there is anything that you can do after the hold letter ,besides waiting.
To me, just wait, continue working on prerequisite, and...plan for next year application.

So, that means no hope?! Did anyone who got on hold before get accepted?

Sure, there is still hope until you get the rejection letter. People did get in from the hold list, but the point is....so many people on hold vs number of vacant seats.

i still have not heard from western as far as getting an interview. anyone hear from them this week?

i still have not heard from western as far as getting an interview. anyone hear from them this week?

I haven't heard anything yet either...

One of my friends from Socal got a rejection letter (no interview) last Wednesday.

me too... sad

Hi, forget it and make a plan for next year.
However, I am now so scary when I check my mail box. Receiving something in an envelop before receiving an email means that....not accepted.

I agree. I called Western yesterday, and the lady said the interview hasn't filled yet! They are still calling. I wish I got the call! Who got the call today!?

Hi, forget it and make a plan for next year.
However, I am now so scary when I check my mail box. Receiving something in an envelop before receiving an email means that....not accepted.

ngynththo, yep first time to Tourro, drove around the island today after getting here, kind of cool, with the closed naval base and all.

Good thing I have plenty of work to do for my Bio class, keeps my mind off waiting to hear from Western.
P-)

Yay, I got a call for interview today. I'm so excited. Any recommendation?

Yay, I got a call for interview today. I'm so excited. Any recommendation?

Read over some possible questions, make sure you "sell" yourself/accomplishments/leadership/love for pharmacy and western at the interview.... Best of luck!

I will be having an interview with Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, CA) in the coming weeks. I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to prepare for the writing test since some of the essay topics will be non-pharmacy related.

Thank you!

Read over some possible questions, make sure you "sell" yourself/accomplishments/leadership/love for pharmacy and western at the interview.... Best of luck!

thanks so much shehshes

should I reply the email inviting to the interview to say thank you?
I think i should but i'm not sure
thanks

:) expressmail. You've already been accepted to UOP but still waiting on other schools? Why do you prefer other schools over UOP ? Just wondering.
are you going to the interview at Western ?

I will be having an interview with Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, CA) in the coming weeks. I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to prepare for the writing test since some of the essay topics will be non-pharmacy related.

Thank you!

It wasn't too bad. They gave us a random quote that we had to explain and relate to. It really stumped me but I managed to write something finally...I was worried, but the admin people said that they are checking for proper grammar and punctuation more than anything...so be sure to brush up on that if you need to and maybe just practice timed writing. Good luck!:)

I just withdrew my application from Western, one more spot for the ppl who are still waiting. Good luck.

Thank you!

se you there Mady. Where are you coming from?
I'm about 1 hr drive from there. congr. and good luck

I haven't gotten the interview call yet either. Is there still a chance really? I got accepted to Midwestern Chicago and University of Hawaii-Hilo already, but Western is my #1 choice. So sad

I haven't gotten the interview call yet either. Is there still a chance really? I got accepted to Midwestern Chicago and University of Hawaii-Hilo already, but Western is my #1 choice. So sad

I haven't gotten anything yet either. I think I'll be getting a rejection letter soon because I applied way back in September.

It's stange...I received interviews at UCSF (rejected), and UOP (waitlisted) but nothing from Western...

I'm still hoping for the "909" call on my cell phone! haha

I haven't gotten anything yet either. I think I'll be getting a rejection letter soon because I applied way back in September.

It's stange...I received interviews at UCSF (rejected), UOP (waitlisted) but nothing from Western...

I'm still hoping for the "909" call on my cell phone! haha

Did you receive acceptances from any of those schools?

::zot zot:: :)

Did you receive acceptances from any of those schools?

::zot zot:: :)

yeah, I got accepted into Touro in November. After that...no more good news. haha

I'm hoping UOP can somehow pull me off the waitlist. :D

Just got a call from Western (909) inviting me for an interview. My app. was postmarked Nov. 1. Will be declining but apparently they're still interviewing so keep your phones close for those still waiting to hear. I was expecting a rejection letter any day now. Good luck.

is the last interview for western on april 12th or is there one after that? i've been hearing different things....i still haven't received a call =/

Just got a call from Western (909) inviting me for an interview. My app. was postmarked Nov. 1. Will be declining but apparently they're still interviewing so keep your phones close for those still waiting to hear. I was expecting a rejection letter any day now. Good luck.

Me too! finally got the invite today morning...this is my last chance only hope to get into pharm school so i gotta start preparing. For those that already interviewed, how long is the interview and essay?? thanks

Me too! finally got the invite today morning...this is my last chance only hope to get into pharm school so i gotta start preparing. For those that already interviewed, how long is the interview and essay?? thanks

You will have 40 minutes for the essay and 20-30 minutes for the oral interview.

Hi, congrats! I am still waiting for a call ,too! Do you mind sharing your stats? Thanks

congrats blu00s, good luck and See you there.