Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I recieved an email from Western . They require Public Speaking class, but I took interpersonal one...The school said that I have to be enrolled in order to be considered for an interview....
Has someone been in the same situation?

Members don't see this ad.

I recieved an email from Western . They require Public Speaking class, but I took interpersonal one...The school said that I have to be enrolled in order to be considered for an interview....
Has someone been in the same situation?

When did you get this email? I think they are trying to remind you to take a class that is required because you did not put the correct one on the supplemental application. Since they sent you the email , I think they are still considering or reviewing you application. However, it is extremely importance that you enroll the class in spring because western require the applicants to finish everything before summer. Let me know the detail of the email if you need more information about this.:)

I also received an email in December saying that my interpersonal speech class was not acceptable. I filled out a form and sent it back to them (via email) saying I would take the public speaking course in the spring.

I still haven't been invited for an interview or anything....

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received an email in December saying that my interpersonal speech class was not acceptable. I filled out a form and sent it back to them (via email) saying I would take the public speaking course in the spring.

I still haven't been invited for an interview or anything....

Me too! I received an email in late September and they also said that my interpersonal communication class did not meet their requirements. I faxed the form back to them and I'm still waiting for an interview.

Me too! I received an email in late September and they also said that my interpersonal communication class did not meet their requirements. I faxed the form back to them and I'm still waiting for an interview.

That happened to a few of my friends, on the other hand interpersonal communications class is not the same thing as the public speech class. I am glad I found out ahead of time so I still have time to take it. Hope everything works out for you guys - best of luck !!!!!!!!!!

Hi, does anyone know whether Western starts calling people for the interview in early March? Do they usually call, email, or use snail mail? I have been checking my email several times a day lately. I dont think i will have a chance because i havent had my BS yet, and i still have 1 class this quarter and 2 classes Spring quarter to finish the prerequisites. :oops:

i got a call today for the March 1st interview!!! anyone else joining me?

i got a call today for the March 1st interview!!! anyone else joining me?

oh yeah, me too!!! A lady called me today when I was at the library...yay, 7:15 am, isn't it? wow, super early..oh well, the earlier the better! See you there!

i got mine at 1pm. I am about an hr away, so should i come the night before or just drive early that day? any idea is appreciated!

Since your interview is at 1pm, you should just drive there that day. There isn't anything NICE about Pomona nor are there any nice places to stay for the night.

Congratz on the interview by the way!:thumbup:

Her interview is not at 1 pm... its in the morning... i think she meant to say that she got the call at 1 pm.

As for how to get there... I drove to western for my interview.. and it took me about 45 minutes to an hour to get there... you should be fine to drive.

Good luck.

I'll be there too.

If the interviews are anything like last year, they start early and break the group of about 100 applicants into two groups. One writes their essay first, and the other gets the interview first, then half way through you switch. Expect to be there until 12:30-1:00.

I'm going out there on Friday, since I don't want to have to wake up at 4am to make it there by 7:30am for check-in.

do you have any idea what the essay is like?

Members don't see this ad :)
do you have any idea what the essay is like?

They will give you about 45 minutes... give a subject (general) and ask you to write. They were not clear on the directions (like if they wanted a formal 5 paragraph essay)... I wrote a 5 paragraph essay but I know someone who did not write 5 paragraphs and we both got in. I think they are just looking to see if you can just write (capital letters/commas/periods... just basic grammar)... hope i helped...

Last year's topics were just general info topics, no special knowledge necessary. They provided the paper and you were restricted to front and back, write neatly. I think shehsheh is correct, they just want to be sure you are able to express yourself in writing.

I wrote a simple expository essay: intro, 3 supporting and conclusion (of course I only made the alternate list last year, but I think the interview was where I shot myself in the foot, not the essay). UoP was much worse, they want you to write in ink and respond to an industry pertinent question. Oh, yeah, they will provide pencils, but bring a couple of your own. ;-)

Since your interview is at 1pm, you should just drive there that day. There isn't anything NICE about Pomona nor are there any nice places to stay for the night.

Congratz on the interview by the way!:thumbup:
i meant i got the call at 1pm. The interview is in the morning from 730 to 1230. Thanks for your congrat ;). I am now afraid that i dont have enough time to prepare, but wait..i dont even know how to prepare for this interview...:oops:

Thank you shehsheh!!! Congrats on your acceptance! Hopefully I'll do well in this interview because I got waitlisted for llu and usc so far...so no guarantee spot for me yet. I actually started organizing my files so I can apply again next year. Hopefully, third time's a charm!

I got an call today on my cell phone for an interview offer. Then she confirmed the email with me, and send me an email right away. Mine is on 3/1. Anyone else? Any advises from other ones that had interviews already? Lots of thanks! :)

I got an call today on my cell phone for an interview offer. Then she confirmed the email with me, and send me an email right away. Mine is on 3/1. Anyone else? Any advises from other ones that had interviews already? Lots of thanks! :)

Wow, I thought they notify 1-3 weeks in advance. Good luck!

i got my call at around 4pm on 2/22. the lady just told me the date of the interview and confirmed my email address for further information to be sent. see ya allllll there! :D

i got my call at around 4pm on 2/22. the lady just told me the date of the interview and confirmed my email address for further information to be sent. see ya allllll there! :D

hey those of u got interview call, congrats ........
i have question that have you guys applied for international pharmD program??or just regular??

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe just got my acceptance letter via email right now!!!! :oops::oops::oops:

Well not my first choice but its very close to home and I really wanted to get in at least here so I could feel relieved .. my first choice is UCSF but realistically I know I might not get in despite getting interviewed. I'm just happy I got in somewhere :hardy:

Well not my first choice but its very close to home and I really wanted to get in at least here so I could feel relieved .. my first choice is UCSF but realistically I know I might not get in despite getting interviewed. I'm just happy I got in somewhere :hardy:
congratsssssssssssssssssssss
have u applied as an international student??

I interviewed Feb 9th and no i'm a good ol cali student hehe

Anyone called you to tell about the email?

You not received the regular mail yet?

What's the first letter of your last name? (Different person takes care of different last names)

We're just getting so anxious.

Thanks,

How is it feel to be the only one of this forum who receives e-acceptance after Feb interview? :)

Where are other lucky people? Let's share guys.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe just got my acceptance letter via email right now!!!! :oops::oops::oops:

You must be the luckiest guy because they notifiied your admission via email
You are supposed to be happy; however, your :oops: is not expressing that you are really happy.:)

You must be the luckiest guy because they notifiied your admission via email
You are supposed to be happy; however, your :oops: is not expressing that you are really happy.:)

Avelox is not really happy but....supper happy, extremely happy :(:(:(, right? Congratulation.

First letter of my last name is S and I am happy haha just its hard to show too much emotion on a forums but I'll add a few :hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy:. Good luck to you guys and no I didn't recieve any phone call hehe

Hey guys- I am soo happy - I finally received an interview invite for April! I was getting so down about it. Anyone else interviewing in April?

Looking forward to seeing all the March interviewees Saturday. (Look for the old guy)

Hey guys- I am soo happy - I finally received an interview invite for April! I was getting so down about it. Anyone else interviewing in April?

they are calling for april interviews already???

did you decline the march 1st interview date?

they are calling for april interviews already???

did you decline the march 1st interview date?

No, they called me this morning and just invited me to the Apr. 12th date.

Sigh, wish I'd had more than a weeks notice. ;)

interviewed on feb. 9 and got an acceptance email on feb. 26. good luck everyone

interviewed on feb. 9 and got an acceptance email on feb. 26. good luck everyone

Congratulation!!
Is this your first time apply at Western?

yes, i feel very fortunate and lucky. what about you?

First time apply, first time be interviewed, then first time in hold :):) before being accepted, hopefully.

Does anyone know if WesternU has its own residency program? I look through the website but don't see any information. Just want to make sure if I am right.
THanks

Does anyone know if WesternU has its own residency program? I look through the website but don't see any information. Just want to make sure if I am right.
THanks

I know one graduate doing the Pharmacy practice residency right now here coz he comes to faciliate the workshops sometimes.

Ok, interview over, now we wait. The staff told us that there would be no 'acceptances' mailed out for this group until after the April interviews are done. So, we get the honor of waiting until late April to hear any news. Keep smiling, it can always be worse.

blue0134, which one were you, I was the older guy in the greenish suit (almost everyone else wore black, as if they were at a funeral). Very somber indeed. The staff and students were very nice. The interview went well. There were a noticeable number or repeat applicants from last year. No surprises on the essay topic, just general discussion topic (I even heard one guy say it was the same topic he had last year).

ngynththo, I had no idea you were that old, what month's your birthday (mine is in November, I'll be 48), we can vie for the questionable status as oldest student. One of the reasons I applied to UoP was that I noticed they had accepted multiple students last year that were in their 40s. :D

Ok, interview over, now we wait. The staff told us that there would be no 'acceptances' mailed out for this group until after the April interviews are done. So, we get the honor of waiting until late April to hear any news. Keep smiling, it can always be worse.

blue0134, which one were you, I was the older guy in the greenish suit (almost everyone else wore black, as if they were at a funeral). Very somber indeed. The staff and students were very nice. The interview went well. There were a noticeable number or repeat applicants from last year. No surprises on the essay topic, just general discussion topic (I even heard one guy say it was the same topic he had last year).

ngynththo, I had no idea you were that old, what month's your birthday (mine is in November, I'll be 48), we can vie for the questionable status as oldest student. One of the reasons I applied to UoP was that I noticed they had accepted multiple students last year that were in their 40s. :D

I think i read the topic somewhere on the feedback site before the interview, but i just didnt practice or even think of whom i should write about! So i got blank out in the first ten minutes :(.
zilko, which group were you in? I was in group B, and i didnt see any old guy (as you described yourself) in the essay room. Do you think you did well in both parts? I think i could have done better...:oops:

I think i read the topic somewhere on the feedback site before the interview, but i just didnt practice or even think of whom i should write about! So i got blank out in the first ten minutes :(.
zilko, which group were you in? I was in group B, and i didnt see any old guy (as you described yourself) in the essay room. Do you think you did well in both parts? I think i could have done better...:oops:

Hi, good luck and enjoy the weekend. Interview is over. You will meet zilko at Western this Fall. :)
Zilko, my age = (20 * 2) + one digit between 7 and 9. :):) I badly want to be a pharmacist.

Hey blue0134 I was also in group B yesterday.
I am very relieved its over, but we still have a very unbearable wait.
Good luck to everyone, hopefully i'll see you all in fall :).

By the way I think I recognize who Zilko is, I say someone that fits his description before the groups were split up.

I was group A, essay first. I was talking to the 4th year (Mike) in the foyer before they started handing out the packets, sat near the front (you know what they say, natural leaders gravitate toward the front of the room, at least that's what they always told us at West Point ;)) before the groups were split up.

I felt good about the interview, the student interviewer seemed a little nervous, but the faculty member was very nice and we seemed to click. But, then I felt good last year too, and still got wait listed. Thanks for the confidence ngynththo. :oops:

Which were you Reggae?