This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilpea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Official thread for Western University applicants of the 2015 cycle! Has anyone submitted their supplemental yet? Post if you get any updates/interview invites! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Got an email about them reviewing my app, that is it so far

I applied via early decision and have an interview this Tuesday!

Members don't see this ad :)
Working on submitting my supplemental today! So many questions so little time. Good luck on the interview Circinate!

Thanks flowerpower! Will post an update post-interview.

Has anyone heard from Western? It's been almost two weeks since they received all req'd docs and still nada... Western and USC seems to be just sitting on applications w/o any updates... Got accepted to KGI but I still would like to finish the whole process with USC and Western... hmmm

Has anyone heard from Western? It's been almost two weeks since they received all req'd docs and still nada... Western and USC seems to be just sitting on applications w/o any updates... Got accepted to KGI but I still would like to finish the whole process with USC and Western... hmmm
I have a friend who did ED for Western and she just heard back from them for the final decisions. I submitted my application more than a month ago and it still just says received docs. I believe that Western won't start reviewing applications for regular applicants until after the deadline. USC already had the first interview last Friday.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a friend who did ED for Western and she just heard back from them for the final decisions. I submitted my application more than a month ago and it still just says received docs. I believe that Western won't start reviewing applications for regular applicants until after the deadline. USC already had the first interview last Friday.
I see. Thanks for the update. :)

I see Western added gen bio as a pre req. Is that effective for this application cycle or next?

I got an invite to the Nov. 14 interview! Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got one too! But mine says 8:30am

Oh poop no news for me yet. When did you submit your app?

I got an invite for the 14th of November too. Need to be there by 7:30am. LOL

Any one of you guys here got accepted to KGI and still going through Western to see which one to go to at the end? Just curious if I'm the only one... Deposit for each school is starting to add up...$$$$

Any one of you guys here got accepted to KGI and still going through Western to see which one to go to at the end? Just curious if I'm the only one... Deposit for each school is starting to add up...$$$$
just curious, is KGI better than western? isn't it unaccredited?

Last time I checked, KGI wasn't fully accredited like you said so I personally wouldn't risk applying there.

Not even a competition, Western trumps KGI, its established, amazing Naplex pass rates and better connections. A lot of people put them on par with Pacific and maybe even USC

Reactions: 2 users
I just had to secure my seat at KGI in case I don't get into other schools... Although KGI has a unique program and will be accredited in 2 years, I still would like to attend USC or Western. Don't get me wrong I am still grateful that I got into KGI. :)

For those of us who interviewed last week should hear something back by end of this week, right? They did say within a week... keeping my fingers crossed.

For those of us who interviewed last week should hear something back by end of this week, right? They did say within a week... keeping my fingers crossed.
They said within a week, which could be 7 business days, so between tomorrow and tuesday. Hoping for tomorrow

good luck guys! I was interviewed and accepted about 8 years ago. I have no regrets about attending. Western is a good school with a great board passing rates, low failure rate, good class scheduling, and solid rotation availability. If you have any questions, I can try to answer them.

good luck guys! I was interviewed and accepted about 8 years ago. I have no regrets about attending. Western is a good school with a great board passing rates, low failure rate, good class scheduling, and solid rotation availability. If you have any questions, I can try to answer them.
That's awesome!! Western is my #1 choice and would choose it over USC in a minute!!! Love everything about this school. :). Thanks for sharing!!

Just got my acceptance at 3:23 PM!

I just received my acceptance email!! They said we should hear back within a week, so they're probably going to send out some of the acceptance emails tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

Did you guys receive the email at the exact same time?? Congrats to you both!!!

Thank you! I received mine at 3:26 PM

Did you guys receive the email at the exact same time?? Congrats to you both!!!
Thanks! Don't lose hope - like pspsn said, maybe some more acceptances will go out in the next few days!

Reactions: 1 users
Got accepted as well at 3:41pm

That's awesome!! Western is my #1 choice and would choose it over USC in a minute!!! Love everything about this school. :).
Thanks for sharing!!

As much as I appreciate and enjoy reading you write that you would choose western over USC, I think that you should reconsider. Despite some of the recent complaints from students about USC's curriculum and facilities, I think you have to go with USC over western just bc of the USC brand and overall reputation. The school has a great network in the profession and their residency matching rates reflect that.

As much as I appreciate and enjoy reading you write that you would choose western over USC, I think that you should reconsider. Despite some of the recent complaints from students about USC's curriculum and facilities, I think you have to go with USC over western just bc of the USC brand and overall reputation. The school has a great network in the profession and their residency matching rates reflect that.
Yes, I do agree about the USC network and brand... I know I may be jumping ahead of myself here... I would be lucky if I get accepted from either schools but I gunuinely felt more comfortable at Western. And, you are right in that I have been influenced by some of the negative comments and complaints about USC curriculum and facilities. Well, I'll see if I'll have any options at the end of this long waiting-game process. Thanks for your thoughts!!

Got an acceptance as well yesterday at 3:06 pm. Congratulation on all of your acceptance and good luck to all :)

Last edited:
On alternate status... keeping my fingers crossed.

Is the biology requirement for incoming P1's or people who are applying in the next cycle?