You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western University PHARMACY (Class of 2020)
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got an email about them reviewing my app, that is it so far
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Working on submitting my supplemental today! So many questions so little time. Good luck on the interview Circinate!
Has anyone heard from Western? It's been almost two weeks since they received all req'd docs and still nada... Western and USC seems to be just sitting on applications w/o any updates... Got accepted to KGI but I still would like to finish the whole process with USC and Western... hmmm
I have a friend who did ED for Western and she just heard back from them for the final decisions. I submitted my application more than a month ago and it still just says received docs. I believe that Western won't start reviewing applications for regular applicants until after the deadline. USC already had the first interview last Friday.Has anyone heard from Western? It's been almost two weeks since they received all req'd docs and still nada... Western and USC seems to be just sitting on applications w/o any updates... Got accepted to KGI but I still would like to finish the whole process with USC and Western... hmmm
I see. Thanks for the update. 🙂I have a friend who did ED for Western and she just heard back from them for the final decisions. I submitted my application more than a month ago and it still just says received docs. I believe that Western won't start reviewing applications for regular applicants until after the deadline. USC already had the first interview last Friday.
I see Western added gen bio as a pre req. Is that effective for this application cycle or next?
I got one too! 8:30am is so early though...sigh hahaI got an invite to the Nov. 14 interview! Anyone else?
I thought you already got accepted?I got one too! 8:30am is so early though...sigh haha
Nevermind wrong forum lol
My email says I have to be there by 7:30am!I got one too! 8:30am is so early though...sigh haha
What time did you guys get your invites?My email says I have to be there by 7:30am!![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
11:53 AMWhat time did you guys get your invites?
Oh poop no news for me yet. When did you submit your app?
Got an interview on the 14th as well
PharmCAS early August, Western early to mid September. Hbu?Oh poop no news for me yet. When did you submit your app?
What time does your email say?Got an interview on the 14th as well
Pharmcas mid Aug western mid October :-/PharmCAS early August, Western early to mid September. Hbu?
just curious, is KGI better than western? isn't it unaccredited?Any one of you guys here got accepted to KGI and still going through Western to see which one to go to at the end? Just curious if I'm the only one... Deposit for each school is starting to add up...$$$$
Last time I checked, KGI wasn't fully accredited like you said so I personally wouldn't risk applying there.just curious, is KGI better than western? isn't it unaccredited?
You still have a chance to get an invite for November. You just submitted the supplemental app so just be patient hahaPharmcas mid Aug western mid October :-/
Not even a competition, Western trumps KGI, its established, amazing Naplex pass rates and better connections. A lot of people put them on par with Pacific and maybe even USCjust curious, is KGI better than western? isn't it unaccredited?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Knox1477 KGI isn't accredited until its first class graduates and takes the NAPLEX?
Yup, which is in 2 years since they have P2 students already. 🙂@Knox1477 KGI isn't accredited until its first class graduates and takes the NAPLEX?
They said within a week, which could be 7 business days, so between tomorrow and tuesday. Hoping for tomorrowFor those of us who interviewed last week should hear something back by end of this week, right? They did say within a week... keeping my fingers crossed.
good luck guys! I was interviewed and accepted about 8 years ago. I have no regrets about attending. Western is a good school with a great board passing rates, low failure rate, good class scheduling, and solid rotation availability. If you have any questions, I can try to answer them.
That's awesome!! Western is my #1 choice and would choose it over USC in a minute!!! Love everything about this school. 🙂. Thanks for sharing!!good luck guys! I was interviewed and accepted about 8 years ago. I have no regrets about attending. Western is a good school with a great board passing rates, low failure rate, good class scheduling, and solid rotation availability. If you have any questions, I can try to answer them.
Thanks! Don't lose hope - like pspsn said, maybe some more acceptances will go out in the next few days!Did you guys receive the email at the exact same time?? Congrats to you both!!!
Thanks @minikanga & @pspsn!! I sure hope so...Thanks! Don't lose hope - like pspsn said, maybe some more acceptances will go out in the next few days!
That's awesome!! Western is my #1 choice and would choose it over USC in a minute!!! Love everything about this school. 🙂.
Thanks for sharing!!
As much as I appreciate and enjoy reading you write that you would choose western over USC, I think that you should reconsider. Despite some of the recent complaints from students about USC's curriculum and facilities, I think you have to go with USC over western just bc of the USC brand and overall reputation. The school has a great network in the profession and their residency matching rates reflect that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I do agree about the USC network and brand... I know I may be jumping ahead of myself here... I would be lucky if I get accepted from either schools but I gunuinely felt more comfortable at Western. And, you are right in that I have been influenced by some of the negative comments and complaints about USC curriculum and facilities. Well, I'll see if I'll have any options at the end of this long waiting-game process. Thanks for your thoughts!!As much as I appreciate and enjoy reading you write that you would choose western over USC, I think that you should reconsider. Despite some of the recent complaints from students about USC's curriculum and facilities, I think you have to go with USC over western just bc of the USC brand and overall reputation. The school has a great network in the profession and their residency matching rates reflect that.
Got my acceptance today at 3:33pm!
Got an acceptance as well yesterday at 3:06 pm. Congratulation on all of your acceptance and good luck to all 🙂
Last edited:
Is the biology requirement for incoming P1's or people who are applying in the next cycle?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 3K